Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Audio CDChange

on May 14, 2012
I was never able to see these stories when they were first on tv, so I bought these when they came out individually. The sound is not great but I enjoy them very much. They fill in the gaps from the DVDs and video tapes that I have. If you are a fan of classice Doctor Who then these CDs are a must have and you will enjoy them like I do.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2011
The sound tracks that these CDs came from must have been awful. Even the great BBC, who regularly perform miracles restoring shows for DVD, couldn't make these discs more than just barely usable. They're very tinny and sharp sounding, like something on an old 78 rpm record player, and when Susan screams, it totally distorts, and when people are speaking quietly I couldn't understand what they were saying [I couldn't turn up the volume because the sharp, jarring quality of the sound quickly became hard to tolerate]. Also, because these shows weren't designed to be sound only, and despite the addition of bridging dialog by relevant actors, sometimes it wasn't clear what was happening. There were many times when all I heard were misc sounds that I couldn't identify, or times when there were many people in the scene and all I could hear were a bunch of voices, and it wasn't clear who was saying what. None of this was so bad that I couldn't follow the story, but it detracted from the entertainment value. If you like nothing but top quality, you might want to stay clear, but if you don't mind a few imperfections, the stories are all there. Personally, I'm not buying Vol 2. If you want audio CDs, the regular Dr Who audio books are excellent.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse