5.0 out of 5 stars Shining a light
Published on Feb. 13 2012 by Ronnie

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay
A well written but somewhat boring book. David Millar's story is interesting and at first one appears eager to move on and see what happens next, but by half-way through nothing new or interesting happens and its too repetitive.
Published 14 months ago by James

5.0 out of 5 stars Shining a light, Feb. 13 2012
Before I read this book, my view regarding drug takers in sports was that they should be given a lifetime ban with no reprieve. I saw David Millar interviewed on Hard Talk, on BBC Canada and he made such a favourable impression on me that I purchased this book. Was I ever glad that I did. I found it most enlightening and it caused me to do a 180 degree turn regarding drug taking, particularly concerning Grand Tour cycle riders and especially those that rode in the Tour De France. In the lsat few few years I have become something of a Tour aficionado and wondered how anybody could be competetive without taking drugs. David Millar has convinced me that it can be done. His attitude to drug taking is refreshingly honest compared to the "Not Me" attitude of athletes who plead innocence, which in my opinion is one of "Oh dear, I got found out".

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, May 27 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars an epic journey, May 28 2013
Excellent read, griping cathartic epic tour of one of cycling' s modern greats.

Required reading for anyone who follows the ups and downs of the cycling world

5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up, March 4 2013
This review is from: Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar (Paperback)
A very courageous, well written autobiography. Everything is in there, warts and all. Do I think Lance Armstrong would write such a book? No way. Two thumbs up.

Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar
Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar by David Millar (Paperback - Sept. 4 2012)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available