5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great series...Period.
Published on May 23 2003 by howsthat

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring...
Published 2 months ago by TigerLilly

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring..., May 3 2014
This review is from: Reapers' Song, The (Paperback)
Being of Norwegian descent, I was immediately interested in this series. This series is supposed to depict the lives of the Norwegian settlers, but OMG, it is such a boring read!!! I had to force myself through the first series, but only because I spent good money buying it. It didn't captivate my attention, nor was I engrossed in the characters and their relationships. Lauraine Snelling just isn't my style of writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great series...Period., May 23 2003
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
I have read all the books in this series and all the books in the sequel series. Ms. Snelling is one of my favorite authors and this is one of my favorite books. I have rad every book numerous times and would recommend them for anyone. Ms. Snelling knows real-life situations that pertained to the late 1800s and writes about them. I personally believe "A reader from Alberta, Canada" must have only skimmed the book and I suggest that she get her facts straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, April 8 2003
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
This is a sad book at times, but it brings out the truths of life for the homesteaders. Although I wish Ingeborg would get her baby, I also know that her situation was very real for many women. Alberta, Canada hasn't read this book because she doesn't know what she is talking about at all. It's a great book in a great series, I love them all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enter southern drawlin' Zeb McCallister, May 18 2001
Bonnie McKinzie (Garden Grove, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
Even though I felt book 4 was just a bit dragging at times, it kept my interest because it built on the life of Hjelmer. There is finally a blacksmith and a merchantile in town. Penny's only known relative comes to join her. Haaken contracts mumps as they spread throughout the families, and the Bjorkland matriarch arrives with 4 others for vacationing -or is it a move?
A very dramatic incident occurs when Anner, an angry farmer, has a farm accident.
During a 6 wk absence of her husband and against all advise including his, Ingeborg returns to her britches and plowing and has a freak though serious accident. Zeb MacCallister, a fugitive caring for orphans Manda and Deborah, joins the prairie families. Manda talks too much.
Blessing women are discussing the possibility of women's votes and the fact their area is about to become a state. Katy and Zeb are extremely attracted but speak completely different languages.
A bank is opening, several weddings take place, and near the end of the book Zeb sees his siter momentarily and gets a painful scare which forces him into an even more painful decision.
Despite a slight discrepancy in timeframes by the author, I am glad I already have purchased book 5 in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good!, Oct. 20 2000
Anna M. Vandenhazel (West Valley City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
After reading the review by "A reader from Alberta, Canada," I am appalled by the misinformation this person provides. Just to make sure, I went home and read the entire series, and there is NO instance where they laugh at Andrew for being naughty, and there is at least one spanking, where Andrew let the sheep out when he knew better. "Alberta, Canada" obviously has this book mixed up with something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars You have to read this one!!!, Sept. 28 1999
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
I liked this book. Lauraine makes her characters come to life. Even though they tamed the land,there are struggles left. This is a great book and I recommend anyone to read it. Keep it up Lauraine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome books! They kept me reading them all the time., March 23 1999
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
All I have to say is that they are very good books with strong definte values. I loved them but when is the fifth book in the seris coming out, if there is one? patiently waiting for the next book, a avid lauraine snelling book reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading, I have loved every issue., March 17 1999
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
I do not agree with the other reviews, I think these books deals with real issue that faced families that left their homes for a better life. These struggles that faced these families are hard to express. I loved these series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, Feb. 16 1999
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
I think this book and the other three in the series are great. The first book was hard to get into, but did get much better. They show good strong christian values that should be a part of your everyday living.

1.0 out of 5 stars As dry as dust, Nov. 20 1998
This review is from: The Reaper's Song #4 (Paperback)
I was looking for new book to read when I picked up the first book in this series. I found the first book to be very boring, but I kept reading the consecutive books until this last one. These books frustrated me. Being a mother myself, I could not stand to see how Ingeborg disciplined her youngest son. They found it funny when he hit his brother. And then his brother got in trouble. They found it funny when the little boy whined. I'm sorry, but this kind of child raising brings up spoiled brats. You know there is a problem when the reader is giving the characters advise on how to raise their children. My advise: Don't even start reading the series.

Reapers' Song, The - LGPRT
Reapers' Song, The - LGPRT by Lauraine Snelling (Paperback - Jan. 3 2003)
CDN$ 20.99 CDN$ 15.32