5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible, April 13 2009
David (Toronto,ON) - See all my reviews
Commentaries are excellent. Everyone will benefit from this Bible, not just those who are struggling with addictions.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars isn't enough, March 24 2002
The New Living is an excellent contemporary translation easy to understand.
And even better are the Twelve Step devotionals interspersed throughout. There is a lot of growth and healing available in the Twelve Step process. God is so good!
Also recommended as a companion workbook, "The Twelve Steps - A Spiritual Journey, a Working Guide to Healing Damaged Emotions" ISBN# 0-941405-44-3. (Check a Christian bookstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge of His Will for us, Dec 23 2001
By A Customer
Shalom, "The Life Recovery Bible" has truly been a God-sent resource of revelation in my recovery. The insight, the answers, and the "ease-of-understanding" provided by this Bible is like a living and refreshing drink of water to a barren soul!
It is THE text book of our "Alcoholics Victorious" group, assisting souls to the Joy and Freedom available to anybody... especially those in recovery... through God's True and Living Word.
I have read many, many books and spiritual publications in my life-long "program" of healing; this is the Word of God- containing the essence of the required healing power- written in a language easy for the recovering person to accept and understand.
I thank the authors for their obedience to His guidance, I thank the publishers for their making this resource avalable to the population, and - most of all- I thank God for His Love, His Mercy, and His Son, Jesus, for taking our disease, and freeing us from our bondage.
If you are in recovery, you will be better off with this Bible. In Christ, Amen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life Recovery Bible - NLT, July 13 2001
This is a very good help especially for those going through any kind of recovery. The 12 Step Devotionals are all linked to the Biblical truth they came from, and are explained for application right now today. It is awesome and lifechanging to discover that Jesus Christ is our "higher power", and that by His death He paid for our sins, and by His resurrection from the dead He gives us new life. In Him we can be forgiven, delivered from addictions, and harmful habits, and healed from longstanding life pains. The Life Recovery Bible is a great compliment to the Celebrate Recovery Program put out by Saddleback Church in California. My only criticism is that the New Living Translation is not always as accurate to the original languages as I would prefer, but it is very well done, and extremely easy to read and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, this book is amazing, Aug. 8 2003
Not being particularly strong in the word of God, as I have struggled with my issues in recovery, this book has been an amazing resource. Many times lessons I have read have not made sense to me, and I haven't been able to see the relevance in my life. This book really has provided wonderful insights to me, and makes the study of the Bible very pertinent to me. I highly recommend this to anyone who is on the healing process.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I have been looking for., Nov. 20 2001
By A Customer
I have been searching for a bible that would cover eveything that I go through as a recoverying addict and that would also explain the bible in detail to me. From what I have seen in reveiwing the sample pages, this has been an answer to my prayer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Words for life, Aug. 31 2000
Diane C. Spencer (Baltimore, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
I love this Bible. It not only applies to those in recovery, but it applies to all those who are seeking to live a live pleasing to Christ. The commentaries are outstanding. I wish I could order it by the case, to give to those seeking a Christ filled life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute beautiful work of art., Feb. 13 1999
By A Customer
A great tool for any 12 Step Recovery Tool Box..

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the investment, Feb. 17 2003
D. Mills "dmills1555" (Anchorage, AK USA) - See all my reviews
I am a regular listener to Steven Arterburn on the radio--and have read several of his books. He frequently gives this Bible outrecommends it to listeners, so I couldn't resist the urge to check it out for myself.
The primary reason I purchased it was to read the study helps, as I know that he has some tremendous insights into the recovery process from a biblical perspective. I was not disappointed. I received a bonus though when I began reading the text of the Bible. The New Living Translation is without a doubt one of the most readable (without sacrificing accuracy) translations that I have read. It is like reading one of those good novels that you cannot put down. Within a week of purchasing it, I had read the books of Acts, Romans, Ephesians, I and II Timothy, and am halfway through the book of Matthew. It is that good.
One of the problems with older translations (i.e. the KJV) is that you have to mentally translate what is being said into language that you are familiar with. Its like a person who's first language is Spanish, but speaks English fluently as a second language. Unconsciously, they have to filter an English conversation through their natural Spanish proclivity. When they communicate in Spanish, that process is not necessary. That's the way that I found reading the NLT. It freed my mind of a distraction so that I was more free to hear the Holy Spirit. Doing so gave me some insight into one passage in particular that I had never received reading other versions.
I would highly recommend this Bible to new believers. I would also recommend it (especially for devotional reading) to seasoned bible students.
As has been said in several other reviews, the study aids are helpful to ANY Christian. We are all in recovery. Some of our addictions are just more socially acceptable than others. I give this Bible 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bible I ever found, June 24 2014
This review is from: The Life Recovery Bible Nlt (Paperback)
I spent a lot of time browsing until I found this Bible. A Recovery Bible is for someone who wants to come back to God and recover his faith. Or it can be for help recovering from illness or one of life's problems. This book emphasizes the parts of the Bible which are applicable to your situation. It is a study Bible and explains everything with great clarity.All the main characters of the Bible have a whole page devoted to them, including their strengths and accomplishments and lessons from their lives etc.

The beginning of each book has a whole page of introduction. The NLT version is somewhat easier to read than the NIV, as it is slightly more "thought for thought" of what the author wrote.

Amazon is selling the soft cover for $18.80. They are giving it away at this price! You would be crazy not to buy it. You will never find anything better than this. They sold over a million copies, doesn't that say something!

I read it every day !
I have many Bibles.

The Life Recovery Bible Nlt
The Life Recovery Bible Nlt by Stephen "Arterburn " (Paperback - Aug. 1 2006)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80