‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge of His Will for us, Dec 23 2001
By A Customer
Shalom, "The Life Recovery Bible" has truly been a God-sent resource of revelation in my recovery. The insight, the answers, and the "ease-of-understanding" provided by this Bible is like a living and refreshing drink of water to a barren soul!
It is THE text book of our "Alcoholics Victorious" group, assisting souls to the Joy and Freedom available to anybody... especially those in recovery... through God's True and Living Word.
I have read many, many books and spiritual publications in my life-long "program" of healing; this is the Word of God- containing the essence of the required healing power- written in a language easy for the recovering person to accept and understand.
I thank the authors for their obedience to His guidance, I thank the publishers for their making this resource avalable to the population, and - most of all- I thank God for His Love, His Mercy, and His Son, Jesus, for taking our disease, and freeing us from our bondage.
If you are in recovery, you will be better off with this Bible. In Christ, Amen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life Recovery Bible - NLT, July 13 2001
This is a very good help especially for those going through any kind of recovery. The 12 Step Devotionals are all linked to the Biblical truth they came from, and are explained for application right now today. It is awesome and lifechanging to discover that Jesus Christ is our "higher power", and that by His death He paid for our sins, and by His resurrection from the dead He gives us new life. In Him we can be forgiven, delivered from addictions, and harmful habits, and healed from longstanding life pains. The Life Recovery Bible is a great compliment to the Celebrate Recovery Program put out by Saddleback Church in California. My only criticism is that the New Living Translation is not always as accurate to the original languages as I would prefer, but it is very well done, and extremely easy to read and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars isn't enough, March 24 2002
The New Living is an excellent contemporary translation easy to understand.
And even better are the Twelve Step devotionals interspersed throughout. There is a lot of growth and healing available in the Twelve Step process. God is so good!
Also recommended as a companion workbook, "The Twelve Steps - A Spiritual Journey, a Working Guide to Healing Damaged Emotions" ISBN# 0-941405-44-3. (Check a Christian bookstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible, April 13 2009
David (Toronto,ON) - See all my reviews
Commentaries are excellent. Everyone will benefit from this Bible, not just those who are struggling with addictions.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, this book is amazing, Aug. 8 2003
Not being particularly strong in the word of God, as I have struggled with my issues in recovery, this book has been an amazing resource. Many times lessons I have read have not made sense to me, and I haven't been able to see the relevance in my life. This book really has provided wonderful insights to me, and makes the study of the Bible very pertinent to me. I highly recommend this to anyone who is on the healing process.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life Recovery Bible, Aug. 16 2003
Diamndust (Beverly Hills, FL) - See all my reviews
I have been involved in a Christian 12 Step Recovery group for over a year. When I finally purchased this bible and began reading the additional information that is included, I was surprised the way the characters and stories are revealed in a truly different light (they weren't perfect!). Many believe we must be perfect for God to love us, this is so far from the truth. This book shows how God made us to love us. It reveals the flaws of people in both the old and new testaments. They have gone through the same things we are still going through today (because afterall, there is nothing new under the sun). God is never surprised by what happens, he knows our days from the first to the last (even every hair on our head). Upon reading this bible, I see how other people dealt with issues, how they responded to God, what pleased God and what didn't. This has really helped me chose which direction to go, even when I make the wrong choice, I know that God will love me anyway. If I continue to follow these steps, seek God when I am weak, praise him daily and truly have a heart for Him, he will say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!" Oh I wait for the day!

5.0 out of 5 stars A God-Send For Insights Into Life And Healing, Oct. 27 2002
Generosa Rader (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I started reading bibles in depth 3 years ago, and I have purchased just about every translation and study bible in print. I was looking for God, for healing, for insights into what it really means to be a Christian, how to find release from the bondage of addictions and idolatry of any sort, and how to grow spiritually.
I purchased this bible in August 2002. Since then, I have found answers in it that no amount of personal or group bible study using other bibles, Christian radio, professional counseling by therapists or pastors, church attendance, or prayer have given me.
Almost every page has foot-notes, devotionals, in-depth comments, which teach about addictions and how to gain freedom, details about the road to recovery, all within a Christ-centered framework using the 12 Alcoholics Anonymous steps.
You can look up just about any life-experience topic in the excellently organized index/concordance in the back of the Bible, to focus on passages which help you understand who you are, what you do, why you do it, and ways to gain release from whatever plagues you, and get closer to God in order to gain peace and restoration.
I have abandoned all my other bibles in favor of this one. I would urge anyone who needs help in self-control, discipline, overcoming compulsive/obsessive behaviors, to dig into the Life Recovery Bible. You will be blessed abundantly.
If you simply want to grow spiritually, and you have no addictions, this bible is also for you.
Every day I can look forward to new insights and teachings in this bible, which I can apply immediately to my life.
The text is easy to read for such a large Bible, the NLT translation is easy to understand, and the footnotes and other devotionals do not interfere with my enjoyment of every page.
There is another Life Recovery Bible in the NIV (New International Version), which in my opinion is not nearly as good as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful for everyone needing emotional helaing, March 3 2002
By A Customer
We have found this Bible extreemley helpful for new Christians in our Alpha group, many of whom are coming out of all kinds of recovery from all kinds of addiction.The insights, reflections and commentary sections are especially wonderful for all who have come out of abusive relationships or who have been victimized by those in addiction. We found that reading the Bible notes in this way gave folks another way to see through the eyes of someone in active recovery. It is difficult if not impossible sometimes to make amends for actions we may have done while in addictive states and the guilt and shame that results is often a horrible burden to live with. With the Word of God and the notes that follow, this is dealt with in a healthy way, showing us that only GOd can heal either person involved in an addictive relationship. This Bible was also given to me as one to use when recovering from manic depression. While not all manic depressives are addicts, many have done things in their lives, that they must deal with as consequences, that cause the same results as an addicts may. In the area of guilt, shame, and hope, the recovery Bible is amazing tool for those suffering from the ravages of mental illness and its devasting consequences. While we take responsibilitiy for our actions, we realize that with GOd's help there is hope. A wonderful tool for all in any sort of recovery, and a wonderful tool for those running small groups in churches as well as reovery groups and new Christian groups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Words for life, Aug. 31 2000
Diane C. Spencer (Baltimore, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
I love this Bible. It not only applies to those in recovery, but it applies to all those who are seeking to live a live pleasing to Christ. The commentaries are outstanding. I wish I could order it by the case, to give to those seeking a Christ filled life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I have been looking for., Nov. 20 2001
By A Customer
I have been searching for a bible that would cover eveything that I go through as a recoverying addict and that would also explain the bible in detail to me. From what I have seen in reveiwing the sample pages, this has been an answer to my prayer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Life Recovery Bible NLT
The Life Recovery Bible NLT by Stephen Arterburn (Paperback - Aug. 4 2006)
CDN$ 25.67 CDN$ 18.80