5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I've Read In Awhile!
Published on April 24 2004 by funeralfriend

3.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Surprise
Published on Nov. 11 2003 by Ms Winston

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I've Read In Awhile!, April 24 2004
"funeralfriend" (Mesa, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
I bought this book for my Mother in Law for Christmas. She read it while visiting us in 2 days and left it with me, insisting I had to read it. I couldn't wait. I didn't read it as fast as she did, but I could definetely see WHY she read it so fast. From the very beginning, it draws you in. It's very simple to read, and flows very smoothly. Very easy, for me, with two small children to put the book down and come back to it in a few hours. I never got "lost" trying to remember what was happening. The story was great and the ending fabulous. I look forward to reading the O'Malley series and more of Dee Henderson's work in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, May 30 2003
Jennifer (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
A friend loaned me this book and told me I'd love it. That was a massive understatement. I could not put this book down. I think I read it in one day (ok, I admit it was probably the wee hours of the morning that I finished) Dee Henderson has created a beautiful and thrilling balance between the intensity of the danger and the tenderness of love. Her characters are kind and heartwarming without being unbelievably, impossibly perfect. The story line is capturing and you come to love the characters. I do offer a warning though, if you read this book you will become hooked. Might as well by The Negotiator and the other O'Malley series books and save yourself the trouble later. You will not want to put them down or wait for the next one to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one had me up half the night!!, Nov. 18 2003
This review is from: DANGER IN THE SHADOW (Paperback)
Seriously, I kid you not. This book had me reading up into the wee hours of the morning because I just couldn't put it down until I found out what happened. I read The Negotiator first and had read hints in that book about what had happened to Sara, but it wasn't until I picked up this one that I realized what I was missing. Sara's struggle to free herself from the terror and to completely trust in God really touched me. I loved the relationship between Dave and Sara and how their brothely-sisterly love stayed strong and pulled them closer rather than apart during everything Sara was going through. This book is awesome!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Danger In The Shadows, Dec 31 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
Well written, interesting, captivating, romantic, inspirational, and absolutely addictive. I don't think you can go wrong with any of Dee Henderson's books in the O'Malley series. They are simply excellent. I have passed copies of my O'Malley books around to friends and family and everyone who has read them is now hooked. I think these books are for everyone. They really appeal to a wide range of readers. Read one and you won't be able to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danger in the shadows, Aug. 9 2003
Maria G. Bustillos (Wilder, Idaho United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
The book was recommended to me and I read the book in 1 night. I enjoyed Sara and Adam story unfold and It had me thinking about how better to protect children so they don't become victims of kidnappers or be expose to this dangers.
Once I read this book I enjoyed so much that I went back and read the whole O'Malley series. Enjoyed everybook would read 1 book a day becasue I could not put the book down. would recommend this book to everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!, Aug. 18 2003
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
Danger In The Shadows is a really awesome book! I couldn't put it down. I am not a big reader but when I picked this book up to look at it I had to take it home with me! This book will keep you thinking about it day & night and you can almost feel yourself in Sara's shoes.
You should really get this book. I am really interested in reading any of Dee Henderson's books and can't wait to get another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, Oct. 6 2003
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
After hearing lots of rave reviews on the O'Malley series, I decided to check them out for myself, starting with the prequel.
This book is amazing from the opening pages. Suspence is intertwined with romance throughout the pages of this novel right until the excellent ending.
If you're looking for some good books to keep you occupied, I suggest the O'Malley series, starting with Danger in the Shadows.

4.0 out of 5 stars Danger In the Shadows, March 3 2004
This review is from: DANGER IN THE SHADOW (Paperback)
I read the book Danger in the Shadows. This book is about a woman who as a young child her and her younger sister were abducted my a madman. Her younger sister, Kim, was killed by this madman but Sara was spared. The man that killed Sara's sister was never found and Sara had to live with the thought of him killing her everyday of her life. She was put in protection and had to transfer jobs and switch homes dozens of times. There was no time for love or close friendships. her life consisted of her family, mainly her brother, her work, and the FBI.
One day after staying late at work she was in an elevator with Adam Black, a famous sports star, when it abrubtly haulted to a stop and the lights flickered off. Filled with panic and the flashbacks of her childhood Sara froze and stood cold. Adam Black helped her through it and made sure she was okay. Although Sara knew it couldn't happen to her, she felt a connection between herself and Adam, but had to deny them for her own protection.
Throughout the book Sara struggles through her relationship with God, and trusting him to take care of everything. But when the strange man that attacked her many years ago comes looking for her, Sara's life gets turned upside down. But in the end through Sara's faith she makes it through.
Personally, I loved this book and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves suspense with some romance mixed in.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Surprise, Nov. 11 2003
Ms Winston (East Coast U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DANGER IN THE SHADOW (Paperback)
Not only is this the first book by Dee Henderson that I have read, but it is the first "inspirational" romance that I have read, but not the last. I have always avoided the inspirational genre, as I assumed books of this nature would be a religious tract with a little bit of a story to hold together the "preaching-parts." Well, since it is the first one of its kind that I have read, I cannot comment on the genre in general, but I can say that is not the case with "Danger in the Shadows:" the religious aspects are deftly woven into the fabric of the story, and never overwhelm it. Unlike another reviewer, I felt there was quite a bit of chemistry between Sara, a author of children's books in the FBI witness protection program due to being the victim of a high-profile kidnapping at the age of 6, and Adam Black, retired professional football player, who becomes involved with Sara after they are trapped in a stalled elevator. Sara is very attracted to Adam, but because of her participation in the witness protection program, and the fears instilled in her during her 10 day ordeal as a kidnapped child, she is reluctant to give into her feelings. I think Ms Henderson did a very credible job of giving the reader a sympathetic look at Sara's world, which in its own way is just as suffocating as the dark root cellar where she and her sister, who died in the kidnapping, were left by their captors. My major criticism is that the suspense part flagged during the middle of the book, where the emphasis was more on Sara and Adam falling in love, and Sara fighting feelings she had never allowed herself to experience. I understand from friends who have read later books in the O'Malley series that the suspense is more sustained, more like mainstream books of that genre, but with the religious elements, and what is termed "sweet" romance: nothing shown beyond kissing and hugging. These are books that readers could share with their teenage daughters without any reservations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from what I expected..., May 21 2003
This review is from: Danger in the Shadows (Paperback)
Sara has spent the last twenty five years of her life in fear of the man that kidnapped her and her twin sister, Kim, when they were six years old. Over the years she has changed her name countless times as well as her home for one of the kidnappers was never caught. She can never forge lasting friendships for the fear that she will put anyone else in danger. Then one night she meets Adam Black, a once famous football player and now a huge voice in the sports world.
Adam has never met anyone like Sara. When he finds out what her life is really like, all he wants to do is protect her. As time goes on and he realizes that they will never have a normal life, he turns to God for answers. What he finds in his heart is that he will do anything to stay apart of Sara's life.
The suspense in this book was very good and I really like the character of Dave. I have read books where there are references to God, but this was almost too much for me. There was zero sexual tension between the two characters, which I like reading in a romantic suspense. Their love was almost too pure if that's possible. Overall, I did enjoy it.

Danger in the Shadows
Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson (Paperback - Oct. 14 2005)
CDN$ 15.97 CDN$ 12.99