5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful For Mother-Daughter Time!, Oct. 6 2010
Shirley Rempel (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The One Year Mother-daughter Devo (Paperback)
As a Christian mom of two young girls it is my hope and pray that one day my girls will make the choice to have Jesus become their "Forever Friend" (this is the way it is describe in Sunday School). Until they are the age to make this choice, I make sure that I have done my job as their mom to expose them to the Bible, through Bible Reading, music, and living my life as an example of Godly living.

I just recently purchased a devotional book designed for preschool children and have been working through it with my four year old! We are really enjoying it. I love that we have already began the discipline of daily devotions with Makayla, and I hope that as she grows she will continue this spiritual discipline on her own.

As a member of Tyndale Blog Network I was recently sent a devotional for older girls: The One Year Mother Daughter Devo by Dannah Gresh

As I went through the book, the first thing that impressed me was the organization of it! It gives you daily devotions to do with your daughter, but takes it one step further with great discussion questions, crafts and fun activities to do together! What a fantastic way to have some special one-on-one time with your daughter!

On each day, you will find the following:

***Bible Blast: A scripture reference at the start of each devotional to read

***Language Lab: Easy to understand theology lessons for both mom and daughter (not always daily but for sure one or two a month)

***Amazing Animals: Each month includes one or two Animal Animals devotions and learn what these amazing creatures can teach us

***Kickin' Kraft: Offered once or twice a month, a fun way to teach a simple object lesson

***Meditation Moments: learn how to meditate on a short scripture passage

I would say that The One Year Mother Daughter Devo is perfect for girls 9+ and their moms! Though easy to read, it is strong theologically and when used regularly will help develop the wonderful habit of daily delving into God's word. What better way to teach this spiritual discipline then to do it together!

The One Year Mother Daughter Devo would be a perfect gift for any young girl, and with Christmas just 80 days away, this would be a wonderful gift idea!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Devotions for Bonding, June 21 2011
Jennifer Bogart "@ Quiverfullfamily.com" (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The One Year Mother-daughter Devo (Paperback)
Dannah Gresh's writing ministry serves teenagers, and girls who are striving to stay pure and to live in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. Her heart for purity, character, and discipleship in young girls comes through in The One Year Mother Daughter Devo. Equipping mothers with this devotional, Gresh has provided an open-and-go devotional resource that mothers and tweens (9-12) can read together.

With enough devotionals for one each day, moms and daughters can simply open to the current date (devotionals can be somewhat seasonal), open scripture together, read the focus verse, and the devotional itself which ranges anywhere form object lessons, character sketches, theological explorations, animal antics, and more. For extra fun (and bonding) mother daughter teams can do the activities and discussion activities in the sidebar. There are crafts, recipes, discussion topics, written activities, and more.

This devotional is diverse and well balanced, covering a wide-range of topics important to the spiritual growth of young girls. My oldest daughter (8) and I have read through several weeks worth of devotions together and she really seems to enjoy the one-on-one aspect of talking with me about spiritual matters (we also read the Bible together daily and discuss it). I do feel that she'll get more out of it in another year or two so I'm putting it on hold to revisit then.

The conversational, laid back writing style of Gresh is accessible and humorous, though I have to admit that the 'valley girl' verbal styling does grate on my nerves from time to time. Each devotional is a single page in length (with some of the additional crafts and recipes included in the appendix). The devotionals themselves take around twenty-minutes to go through together, the occasional, more involved extras will of course take longer if you choose to complete them. These 365 days of devotions for mothers and daughters are sure to draw many children closer to their mothers, and to draw both children and parents closer to God's heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great devo!, May 6 2013
This review is from: The One Year Mother-daughter Devo (Paperback)
It's a fantastic interactive devo. It really allows you to connect with your daughter on various issues. It's also great for your own spiritual development.

The One Year Mother-daughter Devo
The One Year Mother-daughter Devo by Dannah "Gresh " (Paperback - Oct. 1 2010)
CDN$ 17.99 CDN$ 12.99