4.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Goes Educational
Published on March 26 2001 by Nancy

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and incomplete...
Published on July 20 2001 by GIJoel

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and incomplete..., July 20 2001
GIJoel (Bronx, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This 1991 volume is now old by 2 revisions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary. It was missing a few words even when it was current, and since the later revisions to OSPD, it is now short by several thousand words. My recollection is it also was not very sensibly arranged and was printed in difficult to read fonts. If you can read this review, you already have the ability to obtain word- study and list-generating software by download that is up-to-date, complete, more user friendly, and of greater utility, not to mention free, tho of course not as portable as this handy paperback.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Goes Educational, March 26 2001
Nancy (Grand Rapids, Michigan) - See all my reviews
Scrabble has been an integral part of our family for over 50 years. The originators (Grandmother and her sisters) were highly competitive and were totally against the idea of looking up words prior to playing. But, in order to encourage the game with the fourth generation, the rules have been relaxed.As a result, this book is extremely helpful to teach adding on to words and multiple-word plays. While it just consists of alphabetized lists, we make it a rule that you also have to look up the meaning of the word in the Scrabble dictionary, if not known.But beware... while the book is fairly complete, there are some words that are not included which can be found in earlier editions of the Official Scrabble Dictionary.So, the recommendation is, this makes a fun and wonderful companion book, but should not be relied on alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Scrabble book!, Dec 6 2013
Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Scrabble Word-Building Book: Updated Edition (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this because I like to play Scrabble often and this is a really good book for me as it also gives me ideas of how to build words from what's on my rack. I have learned a lot of new words partly because of this book. As for having fun with the scrabble game -- I have and it has just improved my ability to learn new words and be able to use them for the next game I play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Word buliding scrabble book, June 6 2014
I love to play scrabble. This book really helps sometimes when stuck for a word. This is the 2nd book I have had. I wore out the 1st one. It literally fell apart.

3.0 out of 5 stars My word building book, May 12 2014
Haven't heard very much time this winter to use it but found it useful when needed - especially looking for the shorter words two and three letters plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars the scrabble word-building book, Dec 18 2013
I t is a very useful book, but I haven't used it that much as a persoon in the Scrabble club is so good at helping us do well.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really good book found lots of i did not, July 26 2014
a really good book found lots of i did not know

The Scrabble Word-Building Book: Updated Edition
The Scrabble Word-Building Book: Updated Edition by Saleem Ahmed (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 25 2007)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.79