march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 27, 2009
I had originally bought this book for some friends, for a Christmas present, but ended up keeping it for myself and ordering another one for them!
My dog Sky, who was 14, died a few months ago and sometimes I miss her terribly! But this book has brought back many happy memories of her, and other older dogs that we've known. All their quirks, endearing qualities and even bad habits are in this book. If you've ever had a dog, that you watched get old and feeble, you will find something of your experience in this book. The introduction is almost so sad it's heart-breaking, and you certainly understand that the author knows his material. Each story, with the accompanying photo (which are fantastic photos, all of them) perfectly captures the essence of each dog. It's a great book for dog lovers, or any animal lover, because it really describes how unique and special each dog is, and tries to capture what makes them so loved by their owners. Highly recommended.
on February 12, 2009
Old Dogs: Are the Best Dogs This book proved to be a treasure! The pictures are some of the best I've seen, and the text is heart warming. Having some wonderful senior fur babies in my own life, I could easily relate to the gifts of love and devotion old dogs with their special dignity give us every day.
on December 28, 2008
This is the most lovely, heartwarming book I've seen in a long time. Couldn't put it down and had a constant smile on my face & many chuckles while reading the very well written little 'blurbs' about each dog. Great photos & descriptions full of personality, & heart-tugging charm. I didn't want it to end! - I hope there's a sequel to come! ....Super gift for any dog lover.
on October 24, 2015
I recently had to put my 4 year old dog down. He had cancer :( It was the hardest thing I've ever been through. A month later a friend's cat was also very ill and I went with him to do the deed. While waiting I found this book in the waiting area of the emergency vet and I was able to read the first few stories. They were funny and so relatable to my old soul of a dog who had recently passed and they were able to make this girl smile for the first time in a month. I had to get my own copy to read the entire thing and I will pass it on to someone who needs it. I found it comforting and humerous. Who doesn't love an old quirky dog?!
on October 15, 2013
I have given this book, several times to friends...they all love it.
It sits on my coffee table and is always picked up and looked at.
on January 3, 2012
A beautiful book of photography & stories. For any dog lover, this book will bring a smile and tear to ones face.
on October 3, 2011
I loved this book. It was funny and sad and everything you would expect from a book about our old friends.
on July 17, 2013
very much enjoyed Wook. I'd recommend it to dog lovers.

Old dogs was amusing, but I kind of expected a story about one dog.