5.0 out of 5 stars Every woman should read this powerful book!
Published on Dec 7 1998 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars INSIGHTFUL INFORMATION IF YOU HAVE THE PATIENCE TO FIND IT.
Ms. Norwood's book does indeed have useful information, exercises and case scenarios for women in relationship crises (readers will probably relate better to the histories, even if they are fabricated) with self-absorbed, distant, emotional vampires and how to find the self-love and healing required to get rid of them: the problem is in getting past the dry,...
Published on July 12 2001 by Lorrie Irby

5.0 out of 5 stars Every woman should read this powerful book!, Dec 7 1998
I had been living in despair after I had broken up with my ex six months ago. Having suffered from serious depression and frustration, i luckily found this book in a local bookshop. I was so shocked as soon as i turned to read the Preface on which the author says "When being in love means being in pain we are loving too much"! Hey! this was exactly what i had been feeling about my love life! Quickly, i spent a week to finish this book and found that WOMEN WHO LOVE TOO MUCH is definitely the most powerful and wonderful book (not merely a self-help book!) i have ever read! Surprisingly insightful, powerfully written with style, i suggest every woman in the world, esp those who love too much like myself, should read it at least once in their life time, so that they can build up themselves and enjoy a healthier relationship with their partners and, most importantly, with themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read, May 25 2013
M. Moreno ", RSW" (ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Women Who Love Too Much (Paperback)
I am not and have never been in an intimate partner abusive relationship, but even so it helped me explain a lot of things I went through growing up in a family permeated with domestic violence. It also opened my eyes to things I didn't see, it provided a lot of explanations about my family of origin dynamics.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could help you change your life!, June 19 2004
By A Customer
I recommend this book to friends all the time! I first read it 3 years ago and it was a real turning point in my life. It helped me to realise where I was going wrong in relationships and how to put it right - perhaps the main one for me was learning to really love myself first. So read it! Even if you don't think its for you, there is probably going to be a gem in there for you, and certainly you will know friends to whom you want to give a copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars From a mans point of view...., March 29 2014
One could almost write a book on the same topic of men who love too much and why? Do men and women both suffer from "neediness" and search out partners that will give them the validations that they need so much in order to function?

5.0 out of 5 stars Should love feel so bad?, Jan. 25 2014
This review is from: Women Who Love Too Much (Paperback)
I remember first reading this book many years ago. My then husband had left for the day and I secreted the book out of its hiding place. It was painful to read about the profile of women who love too much. It was hard to identify myself with nearly all of the features in this jolting book by a brave writer who knew exactly what she was writing about.

I read in short bursts, a little at a time, and slowly digested the shocking information. Yes, it was hard - but not as painful as it would have been had I not read it and had I continued to live a false life.

Women Who Love Too Much provided the diving board for the important life risks I took - to save my life.

Eleanor Cowan Author of: A History of a Pedophile's Wife: Memoir of a Canadian Teacher and Writer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a book you really should read, July 27 2012
This review is from: Women Who Love Too Much (Paperback)
It really does touch nerves and shows that we can all love too much, and the results are not always positive

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who said "it doesn't apply to me...", June 9 2004
By A Customer
My doctor recommended this book to me and after having read it the first time, I went back to go and see her and said "this book completely doesn't apply to me". She said to pick it up again in about a month and read it again, but this time to open my mind a little bit more and try not to take her examples so literally or to that extreme but to try to find connections in my childhood that could relate and THEN think about it. After having read it the 2nd time, I really started to make the connections. The thing is that Norwood's examples are very precise in scenerios that...true...does not apply to everyone, but if you really take the time to try to grasp the concept and not so much the examples, you will be able to make those connections. So when people write reviews and say "this book didn't help me but maybe it will help someone else", those people should read the book a second time because maybe those childhood things that affect our adulthood are not so apparent, but are still there none-the-less!! In my own life, these things mentioned did not apply to me at all...not one of them, but some of them did apply to my parents (ex. a parent dying young and child having to step up) and it is those things that have indirectly bled down in to my own life. So the examples were obvious in my own parents lives, but not in my own. I really had to think on it a while, but I did find it. So if you think the book doesn't apply to you directly, read it again and open your mind to the examples and not the scenerios!!!! Once you see it, your life will change forever!!! I left a very bad 10 year relationship and it took me all of 2 months to get it together and do it. That was 6 months ago and still strong!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, Sept. 7 2010
This review is from: Women Who Love Too Much (Paperback)
Excellent source of therapy for the woman in an unhealthy relationship with a man. Ms. Norwood explains why with her case histories and understanding of how women (and men)choose the relationships they do. She gives great advice for the road to recovery. Also see "Daily Meditations for Women Who Love Too Much" by Robin Norwood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opening, April 5 2004
By A Customer
This is an eye opening book. The personal stories in this book can apply to many women to one degree or another. Most women I know have fallen into a relationship at one point in time that is similar to the situtations described in this book. It offers insight into why this happens and allows females to look within themselves for the answers. Worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I ever read, Oct. 30 2003
Carrie (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This book has had the MOST impact on my life of any one book I've ever read. Period. A MUST read for ANYONE who is unsatisfied with the relationships in their life.. be it family, lovers, friends. Do you always feel like you get the short end of the stick? Always dissatisfied? Always walked over? This book is a total MUST read. If I had more than two thumbs to put up, or 5 stars, it would get them all.

ARRAY(0xab3fe138)

Women Who Love Too Much
Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norwood (Paperback - April 8 2008)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43