4.0 out of 5 stars Two Authors . . . Two Books, Feb. 19 2009
This review is from: The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life (Hardcover)
Before I got halfway through this book, I was so excited I wanted to go ahead and write a glowing 5-star review of it. But I decided to wait until I finished reading the entire book, and I'm glad I did, because the second half is nothing like the first. It is obvious that this book was written by two very different authors. I would describe the first half as "What The Bleep" meets "The Secret" . . . only it is an improvement on both. It takes the information in the DVD "What The Bleep" and makes it completely understandable. And it takes the promises of "The Secret" and makes them believable, adding in the practical aspects of taking action. I was so inspired by the first half of this book that I reclaimed a vision I had started to lose sight of, and miracles to support that vision began to appear in my life immediately. And then I went on the second half of the book, which I would describe as Business/Marketing 101. It was like taking a college class on how to establish and grow a successful business . . . complete with all the homework. There were so many lists to make and surveys to conduct that I felt completely overwhelmed, and very bored. It almost gave me the impression that you could ignore the first half of the book and succeed in business by sheer marketing savvy alone. I know this information is helpful . . . and probably necessary . . . but it was so complicated and detailed that it took the wind right out of my sails. You will note that I still gave this book a 4-star review, because that is how good the first half is. And hey, if you are a very business-minded individual, you might think the second half is the best part, and that's fine. I'm just sharing my personal experience with you.

Steven Lane Taylor, author of Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow

5.0 out of 5 stars Important book for small business, Feb. 10 2009
Anne Millerd (Saltspring Island, Canada) - See all my reviews
I almost did not buy this book, because of the pretentious sounding title and the spooky cover! The endorsement by Stephen Covey on the cover actually got me to take a chance and make the purchase. I am so glad I did. This is the first book on business (of dozens I have read in the past couple of years) that fully and openly addresses both the practical building blocks that make up any successful business, as well as the crucial component of the mindset of the person or people driving the business. Since reading this book myself I have given away many copies. I highly recommend it to anyone who is either starting a business, or who is engaged in business and frustrated with their level of success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Practical. Well presented and Explained, June 26 2008
BCB "BCB" (North Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought the Audio version of this book on the basis of John Assaraf's reputation. I must admit I wasn't disapointed. Often with these motivation products, you ask yourself: "If he has "the answer", why is this guy having to sell this product to make a living ?...".

Here, you can feel that John has a genuine and honest objective. He obviously does not need the money, and you quickly realize that there is a noble intention in his address to his audience. I liked the material very much and in my opinion, it is really an insignificant investment in a set of practices that make a lot of sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer, Nov. 29 2010
The Answer is the secret to your success in business. A great read that helps entrepreneurs move forward with their business. The Answer is a book you will return to time and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific How-To Book With More Depth Than Most, April 11 2010
Debra Purdy Kong (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
There are a lot of how-to-build-a-business-and-grow-rich books out there, and though I hadn't thought of myself as a business person, I've realized over the years that any writer who wants to sell more than twenty copies of their books should really have some business knowledge. So when I came across The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life in a book store, I couldn't resist picking it up. It didn't take too many pages to learn that authors John Assaraf and Murray Smith have plenty of experience and scientific theories to back up their title's claim.

This book covers many of the principals from famous business books, including Napoleon Hill's Think & Grow Rich, but these authors take things a few steps further, first by providing a detailed explanation and description of how and why we can change negative thought patterns to produce positive results in our lives (principles that could apply to any area of one's life). The latter half of the book deals with the nuts and bolts techniques of building a successful business that involve defining what you want, what your customer wants, and exploring, through exercises and strategies, how to improve sales. There's far too much information to go into here, so I recommend that anyone struggling to build a business read this helpful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use The Answer as Your Compass to Point the Way..., Dec 8 2009
There are many books out there that promise insights so powerful that they will change your life. The Answer is a book that not only promises that, but also delivers on it. As the book itself states, this is not merely 'pop psychology' - it is something much more. This is an unofficial follow-up book to the wildly popular DVD 'The Secret'. John Assaraf, one of the participants in 'The Secret' - you will remember him as the likable vision board guy - co-wrote this book, and he applies his strategies for manifesting his own visions to this book. It is a welcome follow-up - though I enjoyed and was inspired by The Secret, I found its substance a bit lacking at times, especially when it told you that 'thoughts become things' and showed a kid wishing for a bike, then one magically appearing. That seemed too simplistic and silly; there is much more to it, of course. The Answer tells you how to actually go about successfully manifesting your carefully thought out visions in very detailed terms through a multi-pronged approach.

I definitely recommend The Answer if you are truly ready to make quantum leaps in your life and in your business. You will need to put in your own effort, daily effort in fact, to truly effect positive, lasting change in your life. This is not just something you can read and reflect on, that will magically improve your circumstances through osmosis. That's actually the great thing about it, we all intuitively know that to create the life we seek, we can't just read a book or watch a DVD and have it happen for us, we will need to work for it, and apply our solid, consistent efforts to gain the best possible result - it's not about working harder, it's about working smarter. The Answer imparts utterly fascinating and important knowledge about quantum physics and neuroscience, and shows you how to tap into these powerful things to bring about the vision you have for you life. Using that knowledge, you will then need to closely examine your goals and break them down into useful, measurable, quantifiable elements. The book will help you clear up any gray areas that might have existed and overcome any roadblocks, real or imagined, conscious or not, and get you to the point of three very important things - crystal clear clarity about what you are aiming to achieve, laser-sighted focus and sustained, well-placed effort.

The strategies in The Answer can be applied to absolutely any business or creative endeavor - you do the work to personalize the techniques to suit your business, life and goals. No one knows your aspirations like you do, after all. It doesn't just provide simplistic and rehashed 'motivation-speak' that we have all heard a thousand times, it gives you concrete techniques and deep, proven knowledge to back up what it's teaching. I encourage anyone who needs some inspiration in their lives, and/or to kick things up a notch in their business or creative activities to read The Answer, do all of the exercises, and make the changes it recommends in your life. To me, intuitively, it makes a lot of sense. I am implementing these things myself. There is also a line near the end of the book that I found especially meaningful, and in my opinion, is really at the heart of the passions we pursue:

"The real purpose of building your dream business is to express and support the person you are in the process of becoming."

Indeed.

Rai Aren, co-author of the adventure novel Secret of the Sands

5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer, May 9 2009
This is one of the best business/achievement books I've ever read, and I believe it's because of the time John Assaraf took to explain how the brain processes information. I have already recommended it to 4 questers and purchased it for another. Great book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! This book is unparalled!, June 5 2008
I am a self-help author myself, and I have to say "The Answer" is the DEFINITIVE answer on how to grow your business and your life. It provides the most fascinating information on how the brain can work for us or against us, and includes practical applications to get the Law of Attraction working for you right now! Every entrepreneur needs to read this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent self-help book particularly useful in developing a marketing plan for a new business, Jan. 21 2010
Audrey Kamel - See all my reviews
Excellent self-help book particularly useful in developing a marketing plan for a new business. As adults we forget what kids do best.. visualize.

ARRAY(0xaec71b1c)