march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 26, 2015
Loved the history. Marvelled at the details. Great research work. Grabs your attention and sucks you into the story. Always so Philippa!
on August 18, 2015
I llike her books
on June 14, 2015
i realy liked this novel.
on May 18, 2015
I love this period in history, and none better than Philippa Gregory for an honest, accurate, and believable recount of the dramatic lives of the Plantagenets and their wives. Elizabeth Woodville is one of many remarkable ladies of this time period.
on April 28, 2015
very enjoyable read
on November 3, 2014
What you're in for: A widow. A young king. Magic. Love. War. Power. Traitors. Side-switching.

My Thoughts:
Good author. I read The Other Boleyn Girl years ago and instantly became a fan of Philippa Gregory. She is a very good storyteller. She does a great job of turning pieces of history (in this case, partially unknown) into a captivating novel.

I found the story intriguing and I was interested in learning more. I am not a history buff by any means, so it's interesting to learn parts of history while enjoying a novel that is part fiction at the same time. The author portrayed the characters well and was very intuitive as to what may or may not have actually happened. It very well could have gone down this way!

I am not a huge fan of historical fiction. I'm not sure why, as I do find it very interesting. But, I just don't find myself as captivated by historical fiction novels as I do other genres. Having said that, I do plan on reading more from this author. She is worth it to me.
on September 8, 2014
Rich historical information, so engaging can't put it down.
on May 22, 2014
This story was a page turner right from the start. The amazing story of Elizabeth Woodville's rise from country widow to queen of England, the tragedy of her two son's disappearance from the tower of London to her years in exile, sum up the turbulent times of he wars of the roses. I am a bit of history buff so any inaccuracies will grate on my nerves, but Ms Gregory is a well respected writer who has definitely done her research here and produced a stunning portrayal of a time when brother turned against brother and betrayal was a way of life.
on April 24, 2014
This is a pretty interesting book for those interested in this period of history. Gregory does a good job taking the known history and injecting some speculation into it without getting too far off course. I'm not a big fan of the first person, present tense style. And the rigid chronological structure of the book makes it feel a bit like "this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened."
on January 26, 2014
I liked that it was based on truth, & have really developed an interest in History which I never had I school.