4.0 out of 5 stars Holly is awesome!, Sept. 18 2010
This review is from: Dark Desires After Dusk (Mass Market Paperback)
I have to admit the first time I read this book a few years ago I didn't enjoy it as much as I did this time around. Having read all the books in the series at least once, going back and reading Cade and Holly's story was much more satisfying. As the stories run concurrently there are overlaps between books and you get to see two perspectives of the same event. Holly is also a fascinating character. She is smart and bookish in the beginning but then we learn that because she is suppressing who she really is she is manifesting these OCD traits that in the beginning make her endearing. By the end, she owns who she is and kicks some serious butt. Cade is totally charming as the unethical carefree mercenary, but he has too many secrets that he can't tell which lead him to all kinds of trouble. All the usual characters are present - especially Regin and Nix which always adds some extra humour. One of my faves in the IAD series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.... sensational, Aug. 18 2010
This review is from: Dark Desires After Dusk (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is Fabulous. Hands down. I was enthralled at each page and could read the book over and over. What an epic read. The main character Cadeon is staggering in sexy heat and I can tell you there is nothing like this man in any other novel... oozing in passion. Amazing. The ability of Kresley COLE to character build and make this uncouth rage demon a part of a huge matrix of characters and developing the entire series story is great. The Immortals After Dark Series is exceptional. I immediately went on line and ordered Kresley COLE's other books... I am so thrilled. This book is steaming hot and so wonderfully written. All I can say is wow... this is a keeper. Jaw dropping action and the heat of the flesh play is stunning... you won't be disappointed! Cadeon is my McSteamy. Bring it baby. This series of books is exciting - you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy Demon Lover, May 27 2008
This review is from: Dark Desires After Dusk (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a great read and very funny. The characters jump out of the book and you can really relate to both main characters. Very well written, you will love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Kresley Cole!, Jan. 18 2011
Mainreader (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Desires After Dusk (Mass Market Paperback)
This was the first Kresley Cole novel I read, and now I am hooked and can't get enough of her books. At first I was surprised that this was a demons/Lore based novel and wasn't sure if I would like it (although I did enjoy the Twilight Saga). But after reading this fast-paced sexy story, I am reading all sorts of immortal romance novels, but keep coming back to Cole for the best written stories. Cole includes romance, humour, suspense, danger & great sex scenes. Everything you could want in a good read.
I loved how Holly was a human before becoming a Valkyrie (which made it easy to identify with the heroine), and how sexy & mate-obsessed Cade is. I have read 3 more of her books (Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, Pleasures of a Dark Prince, and Deep Kiss of Winter), but have to say Dark Desires after Dusk is still my favourite, although Pleasures is a close second. I would like to know if there are other authors with a similar style to Cole as I think I will have this series read within the next few months!

Dark Desires After Dusk
Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole (Mass Market Paperback - May 20 2008)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49