5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Deaver Mystery!
Published on March 3 2009 by MacFly

3.0 out of 5 stars not his best work
I felt this book was very exciting until the end and then it fizzled out. I would not recommend this book to other Deaver fans.
Published on March 8 2009 by Tooth-picker

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent thriller from Deaver, May 25 2014
This review is from: The Bodies Left Behind: A Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
I haven't read any books by Jeffery Deaver for a while...no real reason he fell off my radar, just busy reading other books and authors. But a friend lent me this book and I have to say I was hooked by the story from the get go. A well written, well plotted thriller with believable and interesting characters. I especially liked the Brynn McKenzie character. I am now determined to add Deaver to my Must Read book lists and expect to enjoy the next ones as much as I enjoyed this one. I'd rate this a 4-4 1/2 star book. A very good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bodies Left Behind, Dec 29 2013
This review is from: The Bodies Left Behind: A Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Too much description of the terrain the main character is going through. Just page fillers and little conversation. This is true of many murder mysteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Deaver Mystery!, March 3 2009
MacFly (Regina, Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffrey Deaver is a great book! Deaver's books always have great characters and a fast moving story that grips the author from beginning to end. And this one is no exception. The book contains the usual twists and turns found in all of Deaver's work - and you never see most of them coming! Ten pages into this book, I couldn't out it down. A great mystery!

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner...., Dec 15 2008
Luanne Ollivier - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Jeffery Deaver is one of my favourite thriller/suspense authors.

He is the author of the successful Lincoln Rhyme series, about a paralyzed detective who solves crimes based on the evidence gathered by his protege Amelia Sachs. This was made into a successful movie staring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie.

But I digress. The Bodies Left Behind is a stand alone novel. Deputy Brynn McKenzie is just home for the night with her family when her boss asks her to check out a house on a sparsely populated lake. It could be nothing, but there was a 911 call that got cut off. Maybe it was a misdial. She heads up to the lake, finds the house and walks into a horrific crime scene - and the perpetrators haven't left the area yet. They're still looking for the female houseguest that escaped the carnage. Brynn finds her first and they're on the run into the State Forest that surrounds the lake with the killers hot on their trail. The killers have also called the 911 in as a false alarm. There will be no police help on the way for Brynn and Michelle.

This is a nail biter of a novel, with lots of twists and turns that you don't see coming. Deaver's characters are always more than two dimensional. The bad guys aren't cardboard cut outs - their personalities are developed as much as the protagonists. You'll be turning pages to get in just one more chapter before you turn off the light.

If you like Harlen Coben, John Sandford or Linwood Barclay you'll love Jeffery Deaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bodies Left Behind, March 13 2010
Sharon E. Raycraft (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bodies Left Behind: A Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Being a huge Jeffrey Deaver fan I was really looking forward to reading The Bodies Left Behind - and I was not disappointed. This book has many twists and turns and kept me spellbound throughout. The characters were totally believable as was the scenario - so much so that the final chapters of the book caught me totally unawares. One of his best!

4.0 out of 5 stars the bodies left behind, Nov. 2 2009
P. Beal "#1 ladies' book club member" (keewatin, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bodies Left Behind: A Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Good grief... how many twists and turns does it take to make a great read! Jeffrey Deaver does it better... a great read for sure, and one that just "might" make you stay up past your bedtime just to find out how it works out. Heroine is flawed and very appealing. Enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars not his best work, March 8 2009
Tooth-picker "Laurie" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews

The Bodies Left Behind: A Novel
The Bodies Left Behind: A Novel by Jeffery Deaver (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 18 2009)
CDN$ 12.99 CDN$ 11.69