5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Chelsea Handler is one funny woman. It's no wonder she's so popular. I thought her first book, My Horozintal Life was funny and very readable. This one is no different. It's got some one liners that almost made me do a spit-take! If you're in the mood for something lighter, I'd suggest this one. Another good one: Take Your Shirt Off: A Novel of Hollywood.
Published on March 2 2009 by CB

1.0 out of 5 stars So disgusted...and then some...don't waste your money
Published on Feb. 18 2010 by V. Player

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, March 2 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars So disgusted...and then some...don't waste your money, Feb. 18 2010
V. Player - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
I was amused by the title of the book and sentimental due to its reminder of a book that I read as a child (Are you there God? It's me, Margaret). I bought the book on a whim, and regretted it. The first chapter was somewhat amusing, but the second had my mind drifting. Then Chapter 3...to read that she was arrested for her first DUI had me reconsidering the book (I've known too many victims of drunk drivers to ever find this funny). What made me throw the book aside in disgust, however, was when she wrote how she "...was normally not one to report a rape, except when it ended badly."

1.0 out of 5 stars SHADY DEAL...NOT THE WHOLE BOOK!!!, Sept. 5 2014
This wasn't even the full book! I got a snippet of the actual book for the same price of an average paperback. The item itself is no bigger then 2" square. I feel terribly ripped off and disappointed. It should say in the title of the ifem that it's not the whole book...I shouldnt have to go into the description of the book to read that. If you already know what the book is about why would you read the description? I feel the seller is counting on that. I don't recommend this to anyone...honestly this makes me want to go back to buying my books at the book store. So shady!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chelsea Handler, You Are Too Funny!, June 6 2013
Leah-S - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Ce commentaire est de: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
I first heard about Chelsea Handler when I started watching "Chelsea Lately" when it first aired, I immediately fell in love with her sense of humor & delivery, she's hilarious!

The Book: It is truly laugh-out-loud funny, I was reading it at an office job on my lunch breaks & I would be laughing so hard in the break room, this girl leaves nothing to the imagination & is a true comic. I loved "My Horizontal Life" & I loved, "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." Just as much.

If you haven't watched her show, watch it, & if you haven't read her books, read them! This & "My Horizontal Life" are by far my favorites, unfortunately, her most recent ones, not so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea, April 8 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
Chelsea's hilarious! I've read four other books of hers and enjoyed them all but this one and My Horizontal Life are my favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laughed Out Loud, May 27 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
I watch Chelsea`s TV show, and I appreciate her upfront style. She`s not afraid to push the envelope and the results are always very funny. This book mixes moments from her past into a web of hilarity. Chelsea`s self-awareness is staggering; she`s not one to sugar coat and the interactions with her family members are recounted with care. I literally laughed out loud once every two pages. Well crafted. I want to read her other books now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chelsea Handler is a very funny girl... : ), Feb. 28 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
The first chapter made me thing twice about this book (from her childhood) but once past that I thought it just got better and better... some spots made me laugh out loud they were so funny! I'll definitely be buying the rest of her books and when I can, make sure I watch her at 11... my all-time favourite comedian now : )

5.0 out of 5 stars i'm embarrassed..., March 13 2014
Richard Schwindt (Kingston, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
...but I cannot turn away from the creature that is Chelsea Handler. I do not recollect someone who could spin devious offensiveness into hilarity so easily. I made a huge mistake reading this book shortly after hernia surgery. There were times where I had to put almost my full weight on the surgical site to keep the stitches from popping while I laughed. She throws just enough humanity into the mix to keep you from hating her and turns "unapologetic" into an art form. Good ahead, read it and laugh.

4.0 out of 5 stars very funny!, March 5 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Hilarious! Chelsea Handler never disappoints! I just wish the book had been longer so I could keep reading! On to the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave this to my daughter for a stocking stuffer, Feb. 6 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
Yes she is like the younger Joan River's but both my daughter and I think she's hilarious. Crude, yes, but funny as hell. I'll have to borrow the book after my daughter finishes reading it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler (Paperback - Dec 29 2009)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43