countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 29, 2016
This is my favourite Chelsea Handler book that I have read so far - it is SO FUNNY!
I literally laughed out loud so many times while reading it... people must have thought I was nuts. I'm now hooked on Chelsea books and shows.
on March 2, 2009
Chelsea Handler is one funny woman. It's no wonder she's so popular. I thought her first book, My Horozintal Life was funny and very readable. This one is no different. It's got some one liners that almost made me do a spit-take! If you're in the mood for something lighter, I'd suggest this one. Another good one: Take Your Shirt Off: A Novel of Hollywood.
on June 6, 2013
I first heard about Chelsea Handler when I started watching "Chelsea Lately" when it first aired, I immediately fell in love with her sense of humor & delivery, she's hilarious!

The Book: It is truly laugh-out-loud funny, I was reading it at an office job on my lunch breaks & I would be laughing so hard in the break room, this girl leaves nothing to the imagination & is a true comic. I loved "My Horizontal Life" & I loved, "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." Just as much.

If you haven't watched her show, watch it, & if you haven't read her books, read them! This & "My Horizontal Life" are by far my favorites, unfortunately, her most recent ones, not so much.
on February 18, 2010
I was amused by the title of the book and sentimental due to its reminder of a book that I read as a child (Are you there God? It's me, Margaret). I bought the book on a whim, and regretted it. The first chapter was somewhat amusing, but the second had my mind drifting. Then Chapter 3...to read that she was arrested for her first DUI had me reconsidering the book (I've known too many victims of drunk drivers to ever find this funny). What made me throw the book aside in disgust, however, was when she wrote how she "...was normally not one to report a rape, except when it ended badly."
I watch Chelsea`s TV show, and I appreciate her upfront style. She`s not afraid to push the envelope and the results are always very funny. This book mixes moments from her past into a web of hilarity. Chelsea`s self-awareness is staggering; she`s not one to sugar coat and the interactions with her family members are recounted with care. I literally laughed out loud once every two pages. Well crafted. I want to read her other books now.
on November 23, 2011
This is one funny lady. From her grade 3 prima donna days, to her stint in jail and beyond, Chelsea knows how to entertain. She's a comedian and doesn't seem to have many (if any) sacred cows, so if you have some issues that haven't been resolved yet, you might want to give this a miss. For the rest of us though, treat yourself to several hours of fun and give this audio-book a listen.

Last listened to;

Artie Lange: Too Fat To Fish, (honest, amusing)

Sarah Silverman: The Bedwetter... (lots of fun)

Tina Fey: Bossypants , (classy and funny)
...but I cannot turn away from the creature that is Chelsea Handler. I do not recollect someone who could spin devious offensiveness into hilarity so easily. I made a huge mistake reading this book shortly after hernia surgery. There were times where I had to put almost my full weight on the surgical site to keep the stitches from popping while I laughed. She throws just enough humanity into the mix to keep you from hating her and turns "unapologetic" into an art form. Good ahead, read it and laugh.
on April 8, 2013
Chelsea's hilarious! I've read four other books of hers and enjoyed them all but this one and My Horizontal Life are my favourites.
on February 28, 2011
The first chapter made me thing twice about this book (from her childhood) but once past that I thought it just got better and better... some spots made me laugh out loud they were so funny! I'll definitely be buying the rest of her books and when I can, make sure I watch her at 11... my all-time favourite comedian now : )
on March 1, 2012
Again I cannot explain just how much I love this author and all of her books. Everybody just needs to go out and buy them to understand what I mean... Just all around amazing! You will laugh your but off, and be waiting for more! I can;t seem to put her books down