5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Chelsea Handler is one funny woman. It's no wonder she's so popular. I thought her first book, My Horozintal Life was funny and very readable. This one is no different. It's got some one liners that almost made me do a spit-take! If you're in the mood for something lighter, I'd suggest this one. Another good one: Take Your Shirt Off: A Novel of Hollywood.
Published on March 2 2009 by CB

5.0 out of 5 stars Chelsea Handler, You Are Too Funny!, June 6 2013
Leah-S - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
I first heard about Chelsea Handler when I started watching "Chelsea Lately" when it first aired, I immediately fell in love with her sense of humor & delivery, she's hilarious!

The Book: It is truly laugh-out-loud funny, I was reading it at an office job on my lunch breaks & I would be laughing so hard in the break room, this girl leaves nothing to the imagination & is a true comic. I loved "My Horizontal Life" & I loved, "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." Just as much.

If you haven't watched her show, watch it, & if you haven't read her books, read them! This & "My Horizontal Life" are by far my favorites, unfortunately, her most recent ones, not so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disgusted...and then some...don't waste your money, Feb. 18 2010
V. Player - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
I was amused by the title of the book and sentimental due to its reminder of a book that I read as a child (Are you there God? It's me, Margaret). I bought the book on a whim, and regretted it. The first chapter was somewhat amusing, but the second had my mind drifting. Then Chapter 3...to read that she was arrested for her first DUI had me reconsidering the book (I've known too many victims of drunk drivers to ever find this funny). What made me throw the book aside in disgust, however, was when she wrote how she "...was normally not one to report a rape, except when it ended badly."

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea, April 8 2013
This review is from: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
Chelsea's hilarious! I've read four other books of hers and enjoyed them all but this one and My Horizontal Life are my favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laughed Out Loud, May 27 2012
This review is from: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
I watch Chelsea`s TV show, and I appreciate her upfront style. She`s not afraid to push the envelope and the results are always very funny. This book mixes moments from her past into a web of hilarity. Chelsea`s self-awareness is staggering; she`s not one to sugar coat and the interactions with her family members are recounted with care. I literally laughed out loud once every two pages. Well crafted. I want to read her other books now.

5.0 out of 5 stars i'm embarrassed..., March 13 2014
Richard Schwindt (Kingston, Ontario) - See all my reviews
...but I cannot turn away from the creature that is Chelsea Handler. I do not recollect someone who could spin devious offensiveness into hilarity so easily. I made a huge mistake reading this book shortly after hernia surgery. There were times where I had to put almost my full weight on the surgical site to keep the stitches from popping while I laughed. She throws just enough humanity into the mix to keep you from hating her and turns "unapologetic" into an art form. Good ahead, read it and laugh.

4.0 out of 5 stars very funny!, March 5 2014
Hilarious! Chelsea Handler never disappoints! I just wish the book had been longer so I could keep reading! On to the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave this to my daughter for a stocking stuffer, Feb. 6 2014
This review is from: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
Yes she is like the younger Joan River's but both my daughter and I think she's hilarious. Crude, yes, but funny as hell. I'll have to borrow the book after my daughter finishes reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, Feb. 1 2014
I've always loved her tv show but I really loved this book, she is so dry with her humour and if half the stuff she says is true she had a hell of a childhood!! I had a lot of laughs throughout this book…I'll definitely buy another written by her.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend that book, Jan. 17 2014
This review is from: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback)
Very funny book. I laughed my head off while reading it. It is good to be like Chelsea and take everything so lightly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler (Paperback - Dec 29 2009)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43