4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Lost for Words, Jan. 20 2011
This review is from: Artemis the Brave (Paperback)
Source: Received from author courtesy of Teen Book Scene. Many thanks goes to Joan Holub, Suzanne Williams, and Teen Book Scene for sending me this book for review. I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

Artemis has always been seen as the most courageous of her friends. They don't know though that she doesn't feel all that brave, and that she is downright scared at times, especially when she has to face some of the creatures in her Beast-ology class. When a new boy relocates to her school, she realizes she has feelings for him. Will she be able to face her fears, ace her class, and let this boy know that she likes him?
Though this is the fourth book in the Goddess Girls series, you do not need to start at the beginning of the series. I think that each book can be read as a stand-alone. I have to say that I really admired Artemis and I enjoyed how Holub and Williams depicted her. I love the mythical re-imagining that the authors have done in regards to the gods and goddesses of Mount Olympus. With this novel we get to see Artemis and her twin Apollo, as well as their goddessgirl and godboy friends. The new boy in school, Orion, adds a twist to the story, as he does some things that he shouldn't particularly be doing. Though the book centers around Artemis and her fears, as well as her crush on Orion; there are some underlying messages that are brought forth, and I agreed wholeheartedly with their sentiments.
All in all, a cute and fun read. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone looking for an inspiring read. I think many middle grade readers would love this series, and I think they would be able to easily grasp the meaning of the story and apply it to their own situations. I can't wait to read the next one in the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars artemis the brave, Jan. 17 2014
very good book!!!!!!!!!!! Artemis is like me and i want u 2 read it!!!!!!!!!!!!yummy opera chip dip good. alredy readit.yum

Artemis the Brave
Artemis the Brave by Joan Holub (Paperback - Dec 7 2010)
CDN$ 7.99 CDN$ 7.59