Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Seeds of Rebellion
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$16.19+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 20, 2012
I loved this book. I am a big fan of Brandon Mull and this book certainly did not disappoint. I love his writing and imagination and the vivid fantasy worlds that he creates. I also love how he couples this fantasy with humanity, how the reader agonizes with the characters over difficult choices, deaths, loss, and homesickness.

This installment picks off soon after A World Without Heroes ends. Mr. Mull does a great job of giving the back story in this installment without it seeming like a history lesson. I was soon filled in on the details that I had forgotten.

The story alternates between Jason and Rachel's points of view, and it is easy to feel for each of them - how confused they are by what is going on in Lyrian, how much they want to help, how they long to go home. I like how they play off of each other, how they are good friends, but also how their relationship is developing. They are growing and finding themselves and their passions.

There were a lot of characters to keep track of, but they were all so different that once we got to know them, it wasn't difficult. Also, several of them went a long way to adding to the mystery and intrigue of the book.

There is so much adventure and tension, and this is balanced with some slower times and learning more about Lyrian. I found myself completely engaged in this book and can hardly wait for the next in the series, due out next year. I think kids will love this book - it was a great second book in this series.

Disclosure: I received an ARC from the publisher via Goodreads.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again