Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: Library BindingChange

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on May 26, 2001
From the title and the early entry of a dead body, the reader thinks that Kinsey is going to set out to solve a homicide. However, she gets tangled up in a most unusual situation, as a virtual hostage in a Latino run auto insurance fraud ring. This is the only alphabet book I have read where Kinsey is not working for a client, and I guess this is part of the reason I thought this book was sub-par, by Sue Grafton standards. There is little mention of the usual Santa Teresa characters. Even so, this book was an easy page turner, as all other alphabet books are. If this is your first Millhone mystery, don't worry. Most of them are much, much better.
on September 25, 2003
In this book, Kinsey Millhone plays a cover-up investigator so she can see for herself, this deranged killer who not only kills but commits insurance fraud as well. He is after money and this is how he tags his victims.
The story takes Kinsey through bars, hospitals, and all else to try and nail this deranged man to put him away for good. The book
is full of violent chases and Kinsey goes to jail at one point for trying to help Bibianna, the victim at the killer's hands.
I thought the book was okay, but not the very best.Good enough to stick with it and see what happens.
on April 17, 2000
...which was the best plot twist for the storyline. Other than that, the plot is really two-star fare, and anyone who sees I've been working my way through the series knows I've given high marks to all of them thus far. This plot just wasn't chilling, mysterious, or really in any way a page-turner. Don't ever start with this one, and if you haven't the tolerance to read every single Kinsey Millhone mystery, you could afford to skip it. And I don't say that lightly!
on October 25, 2000
Grafton's writing style in H is for Homicide makes for light and entertaining reading, as always. For this reason, I will always cosy up to a Kinsey Milhone adventure for laughs and adequate satisfaction for content. I don't agree with other readers that there was no plot! The plot kept me reading - insurance scams like this one make you sympathize (for once) with insurance companies! Great Read!