1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read from Jacquelyn Frank- 3rd in Shadowdwellers series, Sept. 28 2009
This review is from: Pleasure (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the 3rd book in this series.

I was excited and couldn't wait to read it. I am a Nightwalker fan and was a little dissapointed when the series ended and The Shadowdwellers came in. I found Ecstasy (1st book) a little hard to read, but Rapture (2nd book) was out of the park amazing! Pleasure was I feel a little rushed (it's Saban's and Valera's story, but Guin and Malaya's as well). Saban's story developped quickly and I found I didn't get as emotionally involved with the characters than if it would have been a full book. Guin and Malaya's story was emotional and action packed! I was so happy to get to read Malaya's journey and Guin is strong yet humble.

Saban was captured in Rapture and we see what happens when he manages to get away from his kidnappers. He meets Valera who is a natural born witch, she figures out that Saban is not human and fears he will kill her if he finds out she was once a Necromancer who preys on the Nightwalker species. The passion they feel tears Saban apart and he has to make a decision wether to stay with Valera or return to his calling as a Penance priest for the Shadowdwellers. We get a peek of Magnus and Dae from Rapture and how their relationship developped. In this book, we also get Malaya and Guin's story. Guin is Malaya's bodyguard and trusted friend. It has been so for over 50 years, but he has secretly loved her and she has had no idea. She begins to feel a shift with Guin and starts testing and pushing. Guin retaliates and a battle begins. Malaya is torn between what she feels for Guin and what her people need her to do. Marry and secure an heir seems the only option, but Guin made it clear he will leave when she does.

I enjoyed the book very much, just felt a little rushed as I did with Noah's story in the Nightwalker series. Jacquelyn has an amazing way of building and setting up a world that we fall into and feel apart of. We get involved with the Characters, but then it feels like we come crashing down when the series ends, I feel could have easily accomodated at least 2 more books.

Looking forward to more of Jacquelyn's work.

Pleasure
Pleasure by Jacquelyn Frank (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 1 2009)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49