5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Manga!, Dec 14 2010
This review is from: Death Note Box Set (Vol.s 1-13): Volumes 1 - 13 (Paperback)
Death Note is a great manga for anyone that likes a serious plot with twists and turns. It is intelligently written and the artwork is amazing. The boxed set is an awesome value for someone who wants the whole series at a great price, plus it comes with the Death Note Encyclopedia as a bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome set, March 29 2013
In Quebec those worth about 15$ (with tx.) 12x15=180CAN$ for the whole set

I shall say that 68$ is a fair price for such a thrilling manga. People who likes twisted minds fighting, you'll surely like the epic battle between L and Kira.

In bonus :
1. death note userbook
2. How to read death note (a special tome with all the explanations)
3. really cool card with l's real name

Surely worth the price. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift., Jan. 29 2013
I bought this for myself and really enjoyed the manga. The box is nice and makes the manga easy to carry and it keeps everything safe. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing series, amazing product, March 22 2013
G. Walker "Glen" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I fell in love with Death Note after watching the anime series. I bought this afterwards because I liked it so much. The manga is almost IDENTICAL to the anime, so much so that I didn't really finish the manga set because it was sooo familiar. It is an amazing story though, I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, June 12 2014
My teen daughter loves Manga, and this series was good, she loved the books and was thrilled they came in a nice box, so they can all stay together

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought It on the whim, May 31 2014
I never really knew much about Death Note. It first started with those random bored days where I search random stuff. This is where I found an article about it being one of the top manga/anime of its time. This of course was at least a year ago when I brought the DVD sets and this box set. I just decided to review it ,for the heck, of it.

I love the box set. It's beautifully designed and it carries the manga volumes well. At this very moment, the box set is among my manga collection beside the other "related" Death Note items such as the two "one shot" novels and the anime itself. It's an amazing addition to my self and really recommend it to other fans of manga or actual Death Note fans.

The Box set itself as a couple of great features especially the collectible "How to use it" booklet. It is just basically all the rules of the Death note in an actually booklet. It's great having the rules at your disposal. Just a Fan based thing; all fans must have.

The manga itself is brilliant! For someone like me who purchase this "on the whim" is saying much. I only knew the Death note was popular; from that article I read. I always like doing things like this; buy things and hoping they are as much as you expect. Let me tell you Death Note went beyond my expectations. I'm glad I purchase this :)

No summary of Death Note; I'm expecting for you to buy it "on the whim" . That's how much I love it! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Excellent!!, May 30 2014
Death Note is a great manga for anyone that likes a twists and turns plot.Death Note is a supernatural, psychological mystery series- we start off with a smart, normal guy, who suddenly receives the power to change the world. We follow Light as he works towards his goal, and at the same time, avoid suspicion by the super detective L. The series quickly becomes a mind game full of clever strategies and psychological plays. In this box set you get volumes 1 - 12 and a bonus manga call "13 how to read" and a little book with all the rules on how to use the death note..

5.0 out of 5 stars Box set., May 26 2014
Not gonna follow any of that "consider this" crap, I came here to say nice things, not write english homework. It was in brand new condition and all the contents are completely fine. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for a masterpiece, Jan. 25 2014
Ahmed (Middle East) - See all my reviews
First, I will say that the perfect score goes to manga as well as to the box set as whole. Here is why I love the box set:-

Really great deal and inexpensive way to buy the whole manga. For less than 70$, you get the full 13 volumes. That is saving more than 50% if you would buy each volume individually (Amazon sells each volume for about 12 so the total will be 156$)
Fancy package and great extra. You get the box of course, but also you get with it an extra volume how to read and how to use)

This is the boxset, but what about the manga? It is the best crime/psychological/thriller manga I've ever read after Monster. Period. I think the box set is a must have to anyone who is fan of manga in general

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best manga series, Jan. 21 2014
If you're a fan of intelligent writing that makes you question your own humanity, Death Note is the manga for you. This collection comes in a great looking box and has some cool bonus content with it. A must buy for any manga fan!

Death Note Box Set  (Vol.s 1-13): Volumes 1 - 13
Death Note Box Set (Vol.s 1-13): Volumes 1 - 13 by Tsugumi Ohba (Paperback - Oct. 7 2008)
CDN$ 124.99 CDN$ 78.37