5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
Blue Blood Schuyler Van Alen and her Conduit, Oliver Hazard-Perry, are on the run.

Her grandfather has just been murdered by the Silver Bloods, but the Conclave thinks she did it. Their last hope is to ask the European Conclave for refuge and aid as she tries to fight the demon that killed her grandfather and is looking to maybe get her next...
Published on Dec 3 2009 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing follow-up to an exciting series
I recently discovered the Blue Bloods series and I went through the first 3 books in a week. I was hooked and really enjoyed the storyline. I was looking forward to the fourth installment of this series as I expected nothing less than what I had read in the previous three books.

Published on Oct. 27 2009 by Stephanie Dunn

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing follow-up to an exciting series, Oct. 27 2009
Stephanie Dunn (Montreal, Quebec) - See all my reviews

Big disappointment! The story begins a year later and we discover that Shuyler and Oliver are on the run. Right then I wasn't pleased. Than the story continue trying to put us in context with what happened in the last year but it switches from one character to another so often that it gets frustrating. It was extremely hard to stay hooked to the storyline. I actually forced myself to finish the book. I was hoping that eventually it would get better. It didn't...

My sister, who was reading the book at the same time, actually decided not to finish the book.

I'm still hoping that the next book of the series will be better.

Melissa you let us down with this one... :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Dec 3 2009

Meanwhile, her best friend, Bliss Llewellyn, in is the Hamptons, where her body has been taken over by an unknown spirit she calls "The Visitor."

Mimi Force is flying around the world, looking for Bliss's sister, Jordan, who is actually The Watcher, an age-old Blue Blood who keeps a lookout for the fallen angel, Lucifer.

Old love brings Schuyler back to New York along with Mimi as Bliss fights to overcome her mysterious Visitor. But in the end, they must all come together to fight the Silver Bloods when they return with a vengeance.

I really enjoyed this installment of the BLUE BLOODS series. Seeing the characters mature and change along with their relationships was so satisfying. We also learn a lot about the history of the Blue Bloods and the Croatan betrayal, which all ties into real history, which was really interesting.

Overall, this was a great read, and I can't wait for the next one!

Reviewed by: YoungBibliophile

4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Lost for Words, April 2 2010
Finally, a book well worth the wait. The storyline is engaging and flows fluidly through each chapter. This book starts off a year after the ending of the last book, and it gives the characters time to get over the fresh shock of all that had happened in the previous novel. It was fast-paced and the narrator changed every chapter so you would be switching perspectives quickly. I found that there was major growth in Mimi's character, and she's not the shallow little rich girl anymore. Sure there are times when she reverts to her previous 'lifestyle' but it is more so when she is out of her element. I loved the exploration of Bliss's character and I can't wait to find out what happens next with her. Schuyler has her own issues to deal with, her humanity at odds with her evolving vampiric nature. It definitely isn't an easy time for any of these characters, but I just enjoyed how they handled everything that has been thrown at them.
I loved the overall story that was being portrayed through this book, but found that the explanation of the "Van Alen Legacy" was too condensed. I found it wasn't explained particularly well and begs for re-reading of said passage. Otherwise, the book was excellent, and was decidedly much better than it's predecessors. All in all, a great follow up for this series.

The Van Alen Legacy (A Blue Bloods Novel)
The Van Alen Legacy (A Blue Bloods Novel) by Melissa de la Cruz (Paperback - July 20 2010)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49