4.0 out of 5 stars Fans of the series will enjoy but not the casual readers, Oct. 11 2011
Fantasy's Ink (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Misguided Angel (A Blue Bloods Novel) (Paperback)
There are basically three parts in Misguided Angels as opposed to the chapters that rotate between Schuyler, Mimi and Bliss like the previous books. The first part is about Schuyler along with Jack who are trying to find the Gate of Promise after Schuyler was entrusted with the Van Alen Legacy. The second part is about Mimi, who is now the Regent of the coven. She discovers that the Blue Blood's existence has leaked into the public and their secret as well as their lives are in jeopardy. The last part is from a new character's point of view - Deming Chen, who as a Venator from Shanghai, must find the killer behind the recent attacks and stop them before anyone else comes to harm.

Even though Bliss was my least favorite character out of her, Schuyler, and Mimi, I would have still preferred her point of view as opposed to Deming. I don't have anything against her, I just saw no use into shoving a new point of view into the book. Of course I still love Schuyler and Mimi though, sometimes I can't choose which out of the two is my favorite. Truth be told though, I don't see much point to this entire book. It all seemed like a waste and I doubt you could really miss anything if you skipped it. It was basically about a wild goose chase that didn't really give us much answers. The author really could have packed the main plot points of this with the next book.

I rated it a four mainly because I'm loyal to this series and love the authors writing style - her descriptions are really vivid. I'm still going to continue with the series because I'm a fan, I'm probably going to read the two novellas The Keys to the Repository and Bloody Valentine (which I believe contains a short story on Schuyler and Jack's bonding ceremony) before I read Lost in Time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Jan. 6 2011
Jack and Schuyler fled to Europe to fulfill Schuyler's mission. At the moment, they're on the run, as Jack chose Schuyler in an unprecedented affair. While they have their romance, they also have death threats looming over their heads. Mimi is angry - really angry.

Mimi's the interim leader of the Blue Bloods for the time being. She's downplaying her role during school, but she's responsible for their survival. When a homemade movie leaks, signaling the kidnapping of one vampire, Mimi's in trouble. The video, taken at a party, threatens to burn the vampire alive - in front of the human world. Mimi knows she needs to find this girl quickly and hush up the vampire rumors in the human world. Not only does she need to save this girl's life, but she needs to save her own spot as leader among the Blue Bloods.

It's not easy saving the world while heartbroken. Most people assume she's upset over Jack's betrayal. She's not. She's heartbroken over losing Kingsley. Meanwhile, she calls in the big guns to help solve the mystery of the abduction: Deming Chen. Deming infiltrates the popular group of vampires who were at the party to start nosing around and asking questions.

Between herself, Oliver, and Deming, Mimi hopes to uncover the mystery before they run out of time.

MISGUIDED ANGEL is the fifth book in the addicting BLUE BLOODS series featuring love and heartbreak, friendship and betrayal, new friendships formed, new secrets discovered, and old secrets shared. As usual, the ending leaves you breathless and eagerly awaiting the next installment.

Reviewed by: Jennifer Rummel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read to take your mind off life, Dec 9 2010
Book was good. I thought it was a little short for being a part of the series, however I enjoyed it all the same.

Misguided Angel (A Blue Bloods Novel)
Misguided Angel (A Blue Bloods Novel) by Melissa de la Cruz (Paperback - July 19 2011)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49