5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Fun!, Jan. 22 2012
Coreena - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune (Hardcover)
This is a really fun second book in the Heroes of Olympus series. It is true to Riordan's style of fun, mystery and adventure with humour and mythology. I read it to my son and he was riveted, often laughing so hard we had to stop and re-read parts.

Like the last book in this series, there's both Greek and Roman mythology. I love how Riordan incorporates both, staying true to the spirit of each.

And Percy Jackson fans will be happy to have Percy back. It is great to see him again, but I like how he shares the spotlight with Hazel and Frank, kids from Camp Jupiter, the Roman demigod camp. They are great additions, they have complications of their own, but this only makes us feel for them even more.

There are also some great tensions set up between some of the characters and not all of the mysteries are solved, leaving the way for the rest of the series. I know when we finished, my son made me look up when the next book is coming out - he can hardly wait until the fall.

These are such great books for kids, they hit on so many of the things they like wacky funny parts, suspenseful adventure, and they are true to ancient mythology while being relevant and fresh. They are also challenging and engaging enough for younger readers and entertaining enough for older readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars son of neptune, Oct. 15 2011
a very good book. a perfect mix of suspense and action as each page you read takes you closer to finding out the truth of the second great prophecy(first great prophecy in the percy jackson & the olympians series).

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 1 2014
Great book and got to me berry fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars my daughter's favorite Percy series, Jan. 14 2014
Your kids will love it! and maybe you too. Better than the original series per my daughter. Hope they are able to keep the movies coming for these.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Dec 28 2013
my son is very excited about this book. He just loves the Percy Jackson series and I know he'll be totally into this series as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Oct. 23 2013
This book came in great shape! Almost perfect I was very impressed. I haven't read it yet so I can tell how it is. But Im sure it will be as good as Rick Riodrdan's other books

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVEEEEEE ITTTT!!!!!, Aug. 7 2013
Words can't explain how much I love this series. Rick Riordan is an amazing writing, he takes his readers on wonderful journey!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son..., Dec 30 2012
got these for Christmas and it is just the series he wanted. Great price on them too. Thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars mac, July 23 2012
Amazing book! By an amazing author! the son of neptune will have its readers swept away in its fantastical plot! Like me, i guarantee you won't won't to put the book down. Each page is filled with action, no boring parts :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one amazing read!, Dec 12 2011
I like the flow of the story where we read from the different points of Percy, Hazel and Frank. I've seen the movie Percy Jackson and the Ligtning Thief and after watching and enjoying the movie I bought the first book. As always I loved the book more so than the movie, and ended up getting the entire box set.

Now I believe the The Heroes of Olympus is a spin-off series of the Percy Jackson series so I don't know much about it.

We follow Percy, son of Neptune, Frank son of Mars, and Hazel daughter of Pluto as they go on a quest to release Death from the clutches of evil Earth Goddess Gaea! If you don't know much about mythology then not to worry because Rick writes with extreme detail that is on par with J.K. Rowling herself.

I find myself giggling reading some of the witty banter that Percy projects. It's that good! If you're a Harry Potter fan be sure to check this series out. Mythology, mystery, adventure and romance all in one epic read!

The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune
The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (Hardcover - Oct. 4 2011)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43