march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on November 17, 2007
After reading other reviews, I'm glad I'm not the only person who read this book and wondered what the heck was going on. Considering the usual size and density of Hamilton's work, I was excited to pick up this book, intending it to keep me busy on a long flight. It didn't. Not only is the book about half the size of what I would normally expect to get from Hamilton (but with the same price tag on a hardcover), but there was very little going on in the way of plot. I finished the book and wondered where the rest of it was. It was on par with the "novella" _Micah_ that was published (labelled as being shorter AND with a smaller price tag). Is Hamilton just under pressure to put out books more frequently for her Merry Gentry line and so is breaking them up, giving us Mistral's Kiss and Lick of Frost instead of putting them together for what we would normally expect? The Harlequin is just as long as the usual Anita Blake novels.

It does minimally advance the plot. About the same as one would usually get as a pre-climax to the actual climax in a Hamilton book, but without the real climax. I weep that I bought this in hardcover, and am certainly not going to be getting Lick of Frost in hardcover for the same reason. I loved this series far more than Anita Blake, but have been let down. This is definitely a book to borrow from the library or a friend.