5.0 out of 5 stars Don't shop here!
The trilogy is excellent and I highly recommend all three - however, you can get all 3 at Barnes & Noble for the same price that Amazon charges for one CD!!!!
Published on May 10 2004 by Catherine J. Nestor

3.0 out of 5 stars Key to summer reading
Published on May 27 2004 by C. DeMario

3.0 out of 5 stars Key to summer reading, May 27 2004
C. DeMario "crystalg75" (Drexel Hill,PA) - See all my reviews
After a very long week at work the last thing I wanted was to pick up a heavy tome. Nora Roberts "Key of Light" is the perfect antidote for just such an occasion. Nora Roberts asks the reader to forget the mundane, and place reality on hold while you venture forth into rural Pennsylvania where fantasy has become reality. The Celtic tale "Daughters of Glass" is more than true in this series; it is alive. It is the story in which the evil sorcerer Kane has locked the souls of 3 demi-goddesses for a millennium. In order to save their souls and those of the watchers, 3 mortal women must find the keys that will unlock them.
The first of these women are Mallory Price. Just laid off of her job in an art gallery, the adventure and the cash bonus this quest provides are certainly incentive enough. Throw in finding two other women in the same position who become fast friends and a the potential love of your life and you have yourself a winner. I honestly liked this series. The snappy dialogue and steamy scenes far outweigh any sappiness predictability. Perfect summer reading.
I give this book 3 stars because of said predictability. The reader knows within a short period what the key symbolizes and how to acquire it.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little More Romance, Please?, May 24 2004
Key of Light was a very, very quick read for me, probably because I skimmed most of the stuff about the quest and the other demi-goddess/goddess bits because they didn't interest me. If the book had just been about Malory and Flynn then I probably would have skim read even more because I did not like them very much and it was the characters of Dana and Jordan that really kept me hooked.
Malory was in places irritating and high handed. I'm afraid to say that I turned against her from the first when she said that the money she'd needed to spend on her car had gone on a pair of shoes instead. To me that is simply irritating and immature. Flynn was all right, although I never really found him that sexy or masculine.
I must confess that I don't like the girly chats that go on between the women in these sorts of trilogies either as they always come across as fake, with all the women liking each other too much and acting like sisters five minutes after meeting one another. Call me old-fashioned, but in a romance I'm looking for a little bit more time spent between the lead female and lead male character. If I want a chat with a girlfriend I'll pick up the telephone.
There were high points in the book - the humorous dialogue that Nora Roberts is so good at, the energy around the pairing of Dana and Jordan (I can't wait to read Key of Knowledge), and the down-to-earth grittiness of Zoë. I must say that I agree with a few of the other reviewers who say that the trilogies are becoming like 'cookie-cutter' versions of the ones before. I suppose this was bound to happen as you can only have so many different scenarios, character types and storylines. I guess it's true that the Heaven and Earth trilogy is eerily similar to this one, both in terms of character types and storylines.
Overall this book was all right and although I wouldn't recommend it to others I'll try the other two books in the trilogy.
JoAnne

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't shop here!, May 10 2004
Catherine J. Nestor "photobuff55" (Lake Villa, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Key of Light(Libr.) (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Robert's shines with this super paranormal series, June 17 2004
I went through the phase of a being devout Nora Roberts fan. Frankly, no one can touch her with the number of books in such a short period. She has a good feel for romance, has a super understanding of men as they are, not as we might like them to be, appreciates them, adores them, and yet gives us strong females to match them. No matter how good she is, she writes too fast these days, so some books just seem like retreads, same book over and over, different setting different names. That is not bad. You go in knowing what to expect from Nora. But being fresh is not an adjective you would use to describe her works the last ten years. There have been exceptions. Her J.D. Robb books are amazing and I will not miss one of those. And her Donovan Legacy was very good. Still, I had just about stopped buying her regularly. An author of the Celta series of paranormals praised the Key series. An avid friend of mine loved them, so I HAD to try them. I am truly spellbound by Key of Light, and look forward to the second and third in the series.
Key of Light is an interesting premise. Three young women, with seemingly nothing in common other than their age and the fact they have been fired or are about to be fired, have been summoned to Warrior's Peak, a brooding Gothic mansion on the hill. There, they meet Pitte and Rowenna, and Pitte spins a tale for them about a god, existing before the time of the Elves and Faeries, who falls in love with a mortal. They marry and she bears him three daughters. But other gods were angry he had taken a mortal to wife and plots evil deeds, and kidnaps the three beautiful princesses, keeping them locked in a half-world. The god tried everything he could to rescue his daughters, but could not, he could only decree that once every hundred years three women were born in to the mortal world with the souls of his daughters. If these moral women are able to solve the riddle and find three keys, they can unlock the spelling holding the princesses.
Malory Price, Zoe McCourt, Dana Steele hear this faerytale with much doubt, especially as it becomes apparent Pitte believe they are the reborn souls of the princesses. However, he offers them a challenge. For $25,000 each they search for the keys. If they succeed, they get a million dollars each. If they fail, they lose one year of their lives. Three women in need of money, whether they believe or not, it's a chance they cannot pass up.
They are given guides to help in the search, Flynn, and his friends ¯ Brad and Jordan, who are also connected to the mystery and the ultimate solution. Book 1 is Malory and Flynn's book.
It Roberts at her best and I cannot wait to read the next two. As to the reviewers gripping about Pitte's name. I suggest you try reading some ancient Celtic lore...

5.0 out of 5 stars Light easy read, July 27 2004
By A Customer
KEY OF KNOWLEDGE introduced me to the indefatigable Ms. Roberts and I was hooked. I followed that with just about every novel she's written and have just finished KEY OF LIGHT. What a great book! As usual she doesn't disappoint. Would also recommend another great read that I just came across called "The Bark of the Dogwood." Shocking, scandleous, riveting, hilarious, and touching. Not a romance book though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put It Down!, July 12 2004
Bonnie Bilbrey "Paris08" (Seattle) - See all my reviews
I loved this book I read it a few months ago and just started reading the second book today and I'm almost done! I find this series to be wonderful. The only downside to this series would be that it's somewhat hard to get into at first. Give it time though, and you'll be glad you did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Nora Roberts book, June 2 2004
Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" (Presque Isle, ME, United States) - See all my reviews
Wow, I was truly in love with this entire series, but this was an excellent start to the series. Roberts introduces the plot, never overlooking any detail, and makes the reader believe the unbelievable. Love, Fantasy, everything.. in Pennsylvania of all places! This is a book that would have felt just as at home in one of Nora's favorite places - Ireland. A definite must read for the summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars First Nora Roberts Read, May 13 2004
Paula Damp "paulinahj" (Plymouth, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I picked this book up on a whim as the plot intrigued me a bit. I'm not normally a romance book reader as I normally read John Grishim books. I thought I'd opt for something less "intense" this go around. I'm very pleased that I took a chance on a book by this author. It is easy to get lost in this book...even after the first chapter, I was hooked and couldn't wait to get back to it when I had to put it down. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next two books in this trilogy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to her standard - forced and unbelievable, April 25 2004
I agree with the earlier reviewer who commented on the assembly-line, cookie-cutter feel of this book, the start of yet another Nora Roberts trilogy. I also agree with comments about how the plot is so unbelievable and forced that the book lacks the ability to carry the reader along. This book is a dud.
Romantic fantasy by definition doesn't need to be factual, but when you have Celtic gods and goddesses (with non-Celtic names like Rowena and Pitte, yet) hanging out in Pennsylvania....well, even the briefest summary of the long list of people and devices in this alleged "plot" would take more space and energy than I'm willing to give it. It feels less like a story than a drawer-cleaning of piles of disjointed leftover plot ideas rejected from earlier projects. The characters have their occasional moments, but overall, there wasn't any flow and the story didn't make any sense at all.
I still give it 3 stars, because in the Romance genre, the worst is truly unbelievably bad and this is still Nora Roberts, albeit on a very bad day. She knows how to write sentences at least, her heroines don't simper over-much, and her heroes aren't abusive. Compared to mainstream fiction, the rating would be much lower. What I don't understand is why the author apparently feels so driven to increase the poundage -- tonnage! -- of her published books that she agreed to publish this poor specimen. Surely she could gather herself and write less often but with better results. How can she stand to put her name on a book like this when she is capable of so much better?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, April 24 2004
Detra Fitch (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Three women (Malory, Dana, and Zoe) are invited to cocktails in the old mansion at Warrior's Peak. A mysterious couple tell a tale of three lovely demigoddesses who rest in an enchanted sleep, their souls locked in a special box. The box has three locks on the front that can only be unlocked by three hidden keys. Each key must be found by a different mortal woman. Each woman has a single month to locate their key. The keys must be hunted one at a time. If even one woman fails at her task, the locked souls will be destroyed and each of the three huntresses will lose one year of life. Fate chooses Malory Price to search first.
Malory Price has always been organized. She even had her life completely outlined since the age of eight. Malory was manager of The Gallery and loved the position. However, the owner recently acquired a much younger bride, Pamela, who decided to oust Malory and take over.
The mysterious couple gave Malory twenty-five thousand much needed dollars, just for agreeing to search for a key that might not even exist. If the keys do exist, and all three of the women find them, they will each receive five million dollars!
Flynn Hennessy met Malory when his huge dog knocked her down. Malory hoped never to see him again, yet had no choice since he was the brother of Dana. Flynn joined the quest in the hope of getting closer to Malory. He never expected to fall in love with her or to watch an evil sorcerer try to kill her!
***** I can only hope that books two and three will be equally as fascinating! Nora Roberts has succeeded in literally bringing a fairy tale to life, in more ways than one. This story is set in present day with a subtle dose of magic. Highly recommended reading! *****
Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.

Key of Light(CD)(Unabr.)
Key of Light(CD)(Unabr.) by Nora Roberts (Audio CD - Feb. 12 2009)
CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 28.79