march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 27, 2009
I consider this fake book, best ever, because there are two levels of chord
instruction.When the easier chord playing is perfected there is a more complicated level to play. The large size print benefits we seniors.
The selection of songs in the book, I also enjoy. I am very happy with this purchase. A happy senior in Sidney by the Sea.
on August 24, 2009
I'm a total beginner and I found this book to be very helpful and easy to follow. Also has a good variety of songs, including well-known standards and pop favourites.
on February 9, 2014
The tunes are written for easy piano, but you must still learn keyboard chords and their inversions, etc. to make the tune sound good. Once you learn these keyboard theories you can tinker and try many keyboard tricks to make the tune sound how you would enjoy playing it. That's the beauty of playing from a fake book, and Scott Houston includes the basic chords used with every music score in this book. Highly recommended for those who just want to enjoy playing the piano.
on November 8, 2014
I love the chord structure and the large amount of music selections in the book. The notes are easy to read and I have greatly increased ny repertoire. Although I am a pianist and have an inborn talent for chord structure, it is always to my advantage to learn a bit more and this book has certainly done that. Thanks again to Scott Huston for recognizing a need and applying this wisdom into practice.
on May 20, 2010
This is a fantastic book. I love the chord pictures and the arrangements are simplified yet still sound nice. I am a singer who wanted to sing along with my limited playing abilities. If you are like me - buy this book!
on July 10, 2015
The book gives us the easiest way to learn the correct basic chords and typical of Scott Houston's piano teaching methods!
As one progresses, one can fill in with additional chords. Thanks Scott.
on April 18, 2016