5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Ukulele Book in C6 tuning
Published on Feb. 12 2011 by Spellbound

3.0 out of 5 stars good book...just not my kind of music
It's a good book, but I wish I hadn't bought it...too many songs I don't know and/or don't like. I found I could get all my songs from the Internet, but the book itself is very good....but for someone else, not me.
Published 2 days ago by Caryl Preston

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Ukulele Book in C6 tuning, Feb. 12 2011
Spellbound (Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs for Better Living (Plastic Comb)
Jim and Liz Beloff have done a sterling job with The Daily Ukulele. It is what it says it is: "365 Songs for Better Living". It includes a section on tuning, holding, strumming, transposing, and chord alternatives plus a chord chart for C6 tuning. The songs are in alphabetical order with a comprehensive index and cover a wide range of song choices from The Beatles, Elvis, Willie Nelson, to twenties and thirties favourites along with seasonal and children's songs. Chord diagrams are at the top of each song. I have used this book every day since I bought it - so it really is My 'daily ukulele'. Recommended, even for those who tune in D6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners!, Sept. 7 2012
This book is full of easy and slightly challenging songs. Great for around a campfire. I love that there is a section of Holiday Music as well as Kids Classics. Amazing value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it and now my Mom has this book, too!, Feb. 22 2013
Daily Ukulele changed my life for the better! Love it. Thanks Jim Beloff for the good times and good tunes! Easy to play and use for practices beginner-level chords and getting better at it. Now I am working on more advanced uke books but still come back to this one for fun :)

5.0 out of 5 stars They Must Be Good -, May 18 2014
This book makes singing and playing the ukulele 'do-able' nearly immediately whether you read music or play by ear.
The Ukulele 101instructions at the beginning are clear and concise.
The chord boxes at the top of each song are invaluable and the chord progressions are interesting.
The format is large - important for people of a certain age.
Between this book and the Leap Year Edition are nearly all the songs you know.

Good book for anyone whether you sing and play quietly in a back room or get together with friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, this is a "must have" ...., April 26 2015
from someone who generally thinks there is nothing on this planet that is a "must have". Has lots of songs from the 60s and 70s that are just what I was looking for, as well as lots of older ones, Christmas songs and even songs for kids. Every time I look through the book, I find more songs I know, and want to learn. This book and the Leap Year Edition were recommended by Aunty Tutu, an entertainer and ukulele teacher, during our winter stay in Hawaii. She was right on the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ukelele for better living, Sept. 17 2013
This is a great song book and intro to a great little, portable and versatile instrument. It has the how to play section, a chord chart and then 365 songs with chords AND the first note of the songs. You get the words too! The selection is varied from old timey songs, to golden rock and roll and pop. It is lots of fun.

What I didn't like about the book is that is is BIG and heavy. It is good for home but not for travelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ukulele and better living, March 13 2013
Dorothyanne Brown "Dabble" (Dartmouth, NS) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I recently discovered the ukulele and the simple joy it brings to my life and to that of so many other people I've met (not the ones who listen to me play, alas, but fellow players). So, while this title might seem a bit self- aggrandizing, I have to agree. These songs do make my life better. I'll bet the do the same for yours.
Of course you will need a uke...

5.0 out of 5 stars best baritone book ever, Nov. 24 2013
Just as good as the Daily Ukulele Leap Year edition. Glad they offer a different assortment of songs. Would be awesome if both books would give chord grids for both instruments.
I highly recommend these books....worth every penny I spent on them. There is such a variety of songs that I never tire of these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars mkoudis, Dec 23 2011
This book ROCKS and rolls and everything else - I LOVE IT - I love all of Jumpin' Jims books but this one is really a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, May 1 2015
Terrific book.I wish that they had grouped their song selections, eg. two chord songs followed by three chord songs then four chord , five chord, six chord and so on. For a person just learning it takes a while to train the fingers to automatically go to the chord shapes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs for Better Living
The Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs for Better Living by Liz Beloff (Plastic Comb - Feb. 1 2015)
CDN$ 44.14 CDN$ 27.55