5.0 out of 5 stars Like Me - Book by Chely Wright, Jan. 3 2014
This review is from: Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer (Paperback)
This is one of my favorite singers and I was happy to read her life story. I gave the book to my therapist so she can share it in her library. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Me:Confessions Of A Heartland Country Singer, May 5 2013
The book was in great shape and it arrived very quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Chely Wright's decision to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and a Great Read, June 2 2010
R. Monette "L Rider" (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is honest and refreshing. I did not know of Chely Wright prior to a recent CBC radio interview. I purchased the book on Kindle and couldn't stop reading it. Her story is about living a secret life, and eventually being overtaken by truth. Regardless of the particular circumstances, we all search for truth in our lives. She endured a lot of pain while living a lie, but eventually acknowledged she had to be true to herself.

The book is written in plain and simple, but powerful language. Maybe kind of like a C&W tune. It is inspirational. If you like biographies of those who overcome fear and doubt, you will like this. It is not sophisticated, but heartfelt in it's simplicity.

A great read and I highly recommend it.

Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer
Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer by Chely Wright (Paperback - April 1 2011)
CDN$ 21.45 CDN$ 15.12