5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Aug. 2 2011
This review is from: National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 5-year old, and though he can't read yet, he loves it! Gorgeous photos, very child-friendly text (for example, comparing amount eaten by a wolf in one meal with number of burgers, or comparing whale's baleen with spaghetti sieve - we had some laughs over the descriptions). The book is slightly shifted towards animals' young - not just habitats but how they breed and how long they keep the babies with the pack etc. And did I mention gorgeous photos?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, Jan. 13 2012
This book is colourful, engaging, comprehensive, and well made. I teach grade 2 and they absolutely loved it. They have been begging me each day to read from it. This book is very informative but still accessible for young kids. I can't wait to read this to my own children one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, Dec 3 2010
My kids like this book, the animals are well depicted and it has good information.
I would suggest to buy this for slightly bigger kids since toddlers can and will rip pages just by turning them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book a must have for children Fantastic photos of ..., Jan. 29 2015
A great book a must have for children Fantastic photos of course and easy to understand for the little kids.Also bought the Readers edition of National Geographic.Monkeys Dolphins etc One feature that is good is the reading level is indicated and again beautiful.Proud to introduce these to the little kids in my life.More on the way elephants .

5.0 out of 5 stars Love NatGeo kids, March 30 2015
As always with the NatGeo kids books, its engaging, great photos, my son loves these books. I can't recommend them enough, they have brought hours and hours of educational enjoyment to our house. I've learned so much reading them to him as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the child who loves animals, May 8 2014
My 16 month old loves this book. Wonderful pictures. This book is getting a lot of use. My only complaint is it isn't a board book. She is a little young for paper books so a few of the pages have been torn or ripped out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent childrens book-will make a beautiful gift for my granddaughter, Dec 5 2014
Excellent childrens book-will make a beautiful gift for my granddaughter. She can have it read to her or absorb it all herself.
Very fast delivery am really happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Big Book, June 30 2013
Any thing byNational Geographic is very well done. The photographs and information are excellent. I have always supported their products, for myself, my daughter and now her son

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series, April 28 2014
Clear pictures, simple words, and examples galore make this a great first book for younger students/children. Our 1.5 year old loves this series!

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative and beautiful pictures, but a little too much for my ..., April 28 2015
Karen Ashcroft (Kingston, Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
very informative and beautiful pictures, but a little too much for my 3 year old. i am sure in the near future she will be very into it.

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals
National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals by Catherine D. Hughes (Hardcover - Oct. 12 2010)
CDN$ 17.95 CDN$ 12.96