5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Aug. 2 2011
This review is from: National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 5-year old, and though he can't read yet, he loves it! Gorgeous photos, very child-friendly text (for example, comparing amount eaten by a wolf in one meal with number of burgers, or comparing whale's baleen with spaghetti sieve - we had some laughs over the descriptions). The book is slightly shifted towards animals' young - not just habitats but how they breed and how long they keep the babies with the pack etc. And did I mention gorgeous photos?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, Jan. 13 2012
This book is colourful, engaging, comprehensive, and well made. I teach grade 2 and they absolutely loved it. They have been begging me each day to read from it. This book is very informative but still accessible for young kids. I can't wait to read this to my own children one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, Dec 3 2010
My kids like this book, the animals are well depicted and it has good information.
I would suggest to buy this for slightly bigger kids since toddlers can and will rip pages just by turning them.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the child who loves animals, May 8 2014
My 16 month old loves this book. Wonderful pictures. This book is getting a lot of use. My only complaint is it isn't a board book. She is a little young for paper books so a few of the pages have been torn or ripped out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series, April 28 2014
Clear pictures, simple words, and examples galore make this a great first book for younger students/children. Our 1.5 year old loves this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Big Book, June 30 2013
Any thing byNational Geographic is very well done. The photographs and information are excellent. I have always supported their products, for myself, my daughter and now her son

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this!, May 10 2013
This was purchased for my daughter and she loves this book. Wonderful pictures and age appropriate. I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 15 2014
MUST HAVE if your kid loves books !

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals
National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals by Catherine D. Hughes (Hardcover - Oct. 12 2010)
CDN$ 17.95 CDN$ 12.96