5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent novel by Patrick Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars a little slow
Published 17 months ago by b author

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent novel by Patrick Taylor, Dec 22 2010
VaCanuck (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was thrilled to receive this latest installment in the "Irish Country" series by Patrick Taylor. I am totally immersed in the lives of the characters of this series, and it looks like another book will need to be written by Taylor! If you are a Binchy fan, you'll love Patrick Taylor. I would recommend that the books be read in order, as the story line is more or less chronological.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always enjoy visiting this village, Oct. 11 2011
The Irish Country Doctor series is always a joy to read. I always enjoy visiting this village and meeting the residents. Having been to Ireland, these books always bring back memories of the wonderful people I met there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read all Patrick Taylor books, April 9 2011
Patrick Taylor is a lovely writer. His Balleybucklebo books are a great read. The people ( I can't use the word characters as I feel like these folks are alive somewhere) are a pleasure to experience. This is not heavy reading but a pleasurable read that carries you away to place that you feel you like to live. Read all the Fingal, Kinky, Barry books you can find!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Irish Country Courtship, Feb. 2 2014
I am about 1/2 way through and enjoying it very much. This is the fourth one in this series that I have read and I intend to read all of them in this series in order.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, Jan. 14 2014
Courtship is a word no longer used unfortunately. Takes you back to days of manners traditions and charm so unlike today. Pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars \irish Country Courtship, April 9 2013
wE HAVE READ THE WHOLE SERIES THUS FAR AND REALLY ENJOY THEM.
The characters make you laugh and cry - a really good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, March 7 2013
I am a reader not a writer. Please don't ask me again to explain why I like a book. I just like to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little slow, Nov. 1 2012
this book speaks to you in the 'irish' tongue....sometimes very hard to follow. Yes, it's about lost loves, the resurrection of a past love and the essence of living and practicing medicine in a small community. Took me awhile to read this as it was slow paced. this author has been likened to maeve binchy......hardly. doesn't even come close. Don't think I'll read any other books from this author....sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Irish Country Courtship, Dec 9 2010
D. N. Dean "Island Gal" (Vancouver Island, B.C.) - See all my reviews
All four of Patrick Taylor's Doctor books sit proudly beside my collection of Maeve Binchy, Leon Uris,Frank Delany and many others. Patrick combines the light and humerous with the sincere sympathy, compassion and understanding found in the Irish people. My husband very much likes them,too. We hope he carries on keeping us up to date with all the doings of our new found friends.

ARRAY(0xb214f4b0)

An Irish Country Courtship: A Novel
An Irish Country Courtship: A Novel by Patrick Taylor (Audio CD - Sept. 28 2010)
CDN$ 45.99 CDN$ 28.83