5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book my Cosmetology School uses, Nov. 20 2001
purplebubba (Detroit Area, MI) - See all my reviews
I bought the 1996 version of this book in June of 2000 and within one month I was signed up for cosmetology school. Then I got to school and they used the 2000 edition so I was already prepared. For those who think this book doesn't go into detail please realize that this is a textbook and it is part of a series of books for teaching. There are 2 workbooks that go along with this book. One for Theory and one for Practical. I was given a 1990 edition of this book as well by a friend of mine. The most noticable change between the 3 editions is that the 2000 edition has more actual photographs and fewer illustrations. If you are using this book for school study then I do recommend you buy the state board exam review booklet. Then when you have free time you can quiz yourself. Just remember that this book is meant to be used along with an instructor. If you are looking for a haircutting book only then I don't think you want this one. It only has a few pages on haircutting and about 12 pictures of haircut instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Dec 14 2012
I had this book before and lost it. It's great
Full of great information.
Cutting coloring even esthetics. All kinds of knowledge

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Nov. 5 2013
This book is awesome, I studied hairdressing in 2007 and I remembered my teacher used that same text. It has all the information I needed for hair, massage and nails. I would recommend this book to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD ESSENTIAL TOOL FOR LEARNING IN THIS FIELD, Nov. 2 1999
By A Customer
I ENJOY LEARING FROM THE CHAPTERS AND THEY REALLY TEACHYOU ALOT.ITS GIVES TECHNIQUES IN HAIR CUTTING AND THERMO CURLING AND ECT.ALSO PRACTICAL WOOKBOOK IS A GOOD BOOK TO WORK IN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Detailed, July 23 2002
J. M. Zuurbier (Canada) - See all my reviews
When I was taking Cosmetology back in the 2000-01 school year, they recommended to purchase this version of Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology. They were only available new in Canada and cost [money], and came with the theory book as well. Our teacher also had the old 1996 version of this textbook for sale, used. However, this is a better purchase. There are more pictures and colors, its not as drab as the previous version. I have to disagree with reviewers who said this is not a detailed book, I found it to be quite detailed and informative in its information. The book meant to be used in a classroom setting, where an instructor teachers and elaborates from this book. You cannot read this book and automatically cut hair, that is where the practical aspect of cosmetology comes in, when you are doing it hands on instead of reading. But this is a helpful tool for aspiring apprentices or students in cosmetology, whether you want to learn about Coloring, Perms, whatever the case, this is definately a worthwhile tool to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book my Cosmetology School uses (2000 edition), Nov. 27 2001
purplebubba (Detroit Area, MI) - See all my reviews
I bought the 1996 version of this book in June of 2000 and within one month I was signed up for cosmetology school. Then I got to school and they used the 2000 edition so I was already prepared. For those who think this book doesn't go into detail please realize that this is a textbook and it is part of a series of books for teaching. There are 2 workbooks that go along with this book. One for Theory and one for Practical. I was given a 1990 edition of this book as well by a friend of mine. The most noticable change between the 3 editions is that the 2000 edition has more actual photographs and fewer illustrations. If you are using this book for school study then I do recommend you buy the state board exam review booklet. Then when you have free time you can quiz yourself. Just remember that this book is meant to be used along with an instructor. If you are looking for a haircutting book only then I don't think you want this one. It only has about 12 pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 5 2005
By A Customer
I think that it was a great book. It taulght me a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Milady's standard cosmetology(Text book + Exam Review), Jan. 6 2005
Hi! I want to get 'Milady's Standard Cosmetology(Textbook + Exam review + Theory workbook + Practical workbook)
I need to get this book immediately as soon as possible.
Because i don't have time to take my hairstyle exam.
so if you get the book Please send me e-mail.
Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars good information, Nov. 21 2001
"jadsct" (Martinsville,IN) - See all my reviews
I think as a stylist,a person should always be look for new information.

4.0 out of 5 stars milady's standard textbook of cosmetology 2000 edition, Sept. 21 2001
suzanne scaldwell (wigan, lancashire, england) - See all my reviews
i havent read this book but judging from the other reviews it sounds like a good book

ARRAY(0xad3f36d8)

Milday's Standard Cosmetology [With 3 Paperbacks and Access Code]
CDN$ 293.46
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available