5.0 out of 5 stars Best Resource Any Bible Reader, Student or Scholar should have
The ESV Study Bible is great. One of the best tools I have invested in. It has always helped me in giving good information even in the difficult to understand verses. Although the level of English is at College level, it is easy to understand.
Really happy that Amazon has these in stock and I always get them on the 2nd day. Have bought over 3 of these for my friends...
Published on Nov. 18 2011 by Ritchin Sen

2.0 out of 5 stars Content great!
The content is great and the leather is super but the yellow stitches are not at all appropriate. Also, it might be a batch that bookmark are bounded folded and they tarred the upper page. I returned two. Which is to bad per Crossway. This Bible content is excellent.
Published 8 months ago by Julie

5.0 out of 5 stars It is amazing!, April 11 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
You can do a pretty good study without needing supplementary material. The maps are gorgeous and with rich historical content. I totally recommend it for anyone who wants to learn scripture at a deeper level :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Bible but a poor format, March 28 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
The ESV is an excellent translation - clear, reliable and accurate. It tries to be inclusive wherever possible, but does not sacrifice accuracy for political correctness. The notes on this new study Bible are very good, though I am not sure they add much to what other study Bibles contain. The problem with the paperback personal edition is the print - it is very small, especially for the study notes. With all the technological advances in print today, I do not understand why a personal size study Bible could not contain larger print or at least darker, more readable print. This seems to be a difficulty for many personal size Bibles today, and it is made worse when it is a study Bible. Still, if you need a travel size Bible to take with you on trips and want a study edition, this is a good one, provided you can read the print without getting a headache.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olive Personal SIze ESV Study Bible - A Work of Art..Simply Beautiful!, Feb. 3 2013
I love this bible, the quality is excellent. I've compared most translations, and while I like something about all of them, I just keep going back to the ESV. The cross cover is beautiful, but the inside is as well. The colored in-text maps are much more helpful than the b&w which all my other bibles have. It has a wealth of good in-depth notes and helps, and will probably take the place of all my other books in my bookcase. It's basically a whole bookcase in one easy to carry lightweight bible. I love the fact that the print size of the bible text is larger than the study notes, because they feel that the Word of God is much more important than the notes of man, and I agree. The print of course is a little small, but that's to be expected in a bible with this much info., but yet in a very handy carry size. If you can read those little pocket new testaments you shouldn't have any trouble reading this. I have previously owned the regular size esv study bible...key word being "previously"...I no longer have it because it was just so big and heavy...I just simply never used it or took it anywhere. This one is so much better, as far as size, and I think it will be my companion for many years to come...and where I go it will go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Study Bible, May 31 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
I love this Study Bible, and the ESV translation. I've found this has been a great tool in my walk with Christ to help me understand the text and I think it helped me become a better studier as well. It's helped me slow down as I read, take one verse (or parts of a verse) at a time and chew on it. Since getting this Bible I've purchased multiple commentaries. It's a great introduction to further study aids, while something you'll continually use for something quick and short. Highly recommended. I use this Bible every day and do not regret purchasing it one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing resource, April 15 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
Tons of notes while you read the Bible. Gives you knowledge of the context, author, audience, and all sorts of little bits of information about the content of the passages. Great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the readability of the ESV, Aug. 10 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: ESV Study Bible (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy the readability of the ESV. As a study bible, it is one I refer to often. It is the best study bible I own. The reference works contained within the ESV study bible is very helpful with plenty of scholarly information that so far I have found to be free of religious or doctrinal bias. Navigation of cross references, notes and charts are done with ease and can be accessed from the scripture you are reading. The ESV study bible is great to have in your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars ESV Study Bible - To Go, June 19 2009
P. R. Hill "the professor" (London, Canada) - See all my reviews
With all the features of the "desk reference" ESV Bible the leather edition is beautifully bound, and would make an excellent gift for that very special person, for a birthday, graduation, or special thank you.

In my opinion the ESV ranks up there with the Thompson Chain Reference, but has the advantages of one-hundred years of scholarship. Scholarship with a heart and not just a mind.

Anyone who receives this item will be a proud owner, for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars ESV Study Bible, Aug. 12 2010
I chose this study Bible because the text is of the English Standard Version, an essentially literal word-for-word type translation.

There are study notes at the beginning of each book of the Bible as well as for individual passages and verses. The notes themselves are of a theologically conservative Evangelical perspective. There is a concordance at the back of the Bible.

The text of the Bible is printed in a font that is very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars basically awesome, Nov. 20 2010
i am a youth leader and a sunday school teacher. i wanted a bible to prepare for those and just for my personal use, so i wanted a study bible. i had a different study bible before and i found that the notes in that bible were pretty useless. so i decided to buy an esv study bible and i love it. the notes actually answer my questions and give so much great insight. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to go deeper into God's word.

4.0 out of 5 stars wife thinks it is great., Dec 23 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
Wife really likes it. It is easy to use and read. My dog chewed the rear cover, i think he likes it too.

Esv Study Bible
Esv Study Bible by Crossway Books (Hardcover - Oct. 15 2008)
CDN$ 59.99 CDN$ 37.61