countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 14, 2014
To say that I am happy about my purchase is an understatement! I am absolutely overblown of all the information that this Bible contains. I am much more than satisfied! I love this large print, which reads much more easily for my eyes. It’s less crowded and reads unconstrained despite all its footnotes. It’s packed with helpful information and it’s a wonderful investment for any serious reader of the Word of God.
on February 16, 2013
I am a student at a reformed Seminary and this Bible has become indispensable for me. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a reformed study bible.
on March 26, 2013
I will never regret buying this product. From a monetary perspective, Amazon was selling it for the cheapest price, which I was happy for (Indigo selling it for 54.99 + tax). I've been Christian all my life and before purchasing this bible, i never had a desire to study the Bible. This was for more than one reason, but one of the main reasons was that i could never connect with what i was reading. This Bible pulls a reader in from the first article, and it changes from reading a historic and God-inspired book to almost like.... a diary written to you from God and other believers before you. It gives you enough background to understand the environment and culture, as well as explains EVERYTHING you might have a question about in the extensive footnotes. I left every passage of scripture with understanding. IF you're serious about studying and understanding the Bible....GET THIS BIBLE.
on April 26, 2012
LOVE this bible! Worth every penny!

It has introduction to every book so it sets you up with the background information needed to appreciate the story within its rightful context. It also introduces a lot of cultural issues at the time as well as some theological introductions.

The best part is that once you buy the bible, you can sign up for online ESV bible. So the bible itself is huge, but you can just carry a portable device with you, such as iPhone, iPad, Playbook, etc., and log online and every resource will be on there. That being said, I'd suggest you go for the "big" version and not the smaller "personal" version, as it lacks a few articles the big version has.

Strongly recommend this!
on April 11, 2013
You can do a pretty good study without needing supplementary material. The maps are gorgeous and with rich historical content. I totally recommend it for anyone who wants to learn scripture at a deeper level :)
on April 15, 2012
Tons of notes while you read the Bible. Gives you knowledge of the context, author, audience, and all sorts of little bits of information about the content of the passages. Great resource!
on August 10, 2014
I really enjoy the readability of the ESV. As a study bible, it is one I refer to often. It is the best study bible I own. The reference works contained within the ESV study bible is very helpful with plenty of scholarly information that so far I have found to be free of religious or doctrinal bias. Navigation of cross references, notes and charts are done with ease and can be accessed from the scripture you are reading. The ESV study bible is great to have in your library.
on June 19, 2009
With all the features of the "desk reference" ESV Bible the leather edition is beautifully bound, and would make an excellent gift for that very special person, for a birthday, graduation, or special thank you.

In my opinion the ESV ranks up there with the Thompson Chain Reference, but has the advantages of one-hundred years of scholarship. Scholarship with a heart and not just a mind.

Anyone who receives this item will be a proud owner, for many years to come.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 17, 2016
Amazing bible. I've read parts of the bible just in itself and I find myself just "glazing" past. This bothered me and I didn't want to google everything.
So I got this and it answered my calls. There are maps and illustrations when relevant, otherwise there is academic/scholarly citation and input from leading researchers in the field. I don't know what else you could ask for! Get this! ESV also has a "Guarantee" on their product.
on August 12, 2010
I chose this study Bible because the text is of the English Standard Version, an essentially literal word-for-word type translation.

There are study notes at the beginning of each book of the Bible as well as for individual passages and verses. The notes themselves are of a theologically conservative Evangelical perspective. There is a concordance at the back of the Bible.

The text of the Bible is printed in a font that is very readable.