5.0 out of 5 stars Best Resource Any Bible Reader, Student or Scholar should have
The ESV Study Bible is great. One of the best tools I have invested in. It has always helped me in giving good information even in the difficult to understand verses. Although the level of English is at College level, it is easy to understand.
Really happy that Amazon has these in stock and I always get them on the 2nd day. Have bought over 3 of these for my friends...
Published on Nov. 18 2011 by Ritchin Sen

2.0 out of 5 stars no table of contents
I love the ESV study Bible, but the kindle edition has no table of contents and the only way to easily navigate is to use the slide at the bottom and blindly guess where you will end up in the Scriptures. For that reason alone, I could not give it more than a 2 star.
Published 18 months ago by Murray McLellan

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource!, Feb. 7 2011
By all means, get this Bible! Firstly, the ESV is in my opinion the truest and best translation of God's Word. Secondly, the study Bible version is like having a commentary built right into the Bible. Unlike some study Bibles which just provide a trite application, the ESV Study Bible gets to the true meaning of the text, giving greater illumination to God's Word. The notes will be sufficient for many amateur theologians to grasp the main ideas of the passages and the cultural nuances in which they were written. I highly recommend for all Christians who hold to the authority of God's Word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Study Bible, May 31 2012
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
I love this Study Bible, and the ESV translation. I've found this has been a great tool in my walk with Christ to help me understand the text and I think it helped me become a better studier as well. It's helped me slow down as I read, take one verse (or parts of a verse) at a time and chew on it. Since getting this Bible I've purchased multiple commentaries. It's a great introduction to further study aids, while something you'll continually use for something quick and short. Highly recommended. I use this Bible every day and do not regret purchasing it one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reformed Bible, Feb. 16 2013
I am a student at a reformed Seminary and this Bible has become indispensable for me. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a reformed study bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource for a Convenient way to Read the Bible in Depth!, April 26 2012
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
LOVE this bible! Worth every penny!

It has introduction to every book so it sets you up with the background information needed to appreciate the story within its rightful context. It also introduces a lot of cultural issues at the time as well as some theological introductions.

The best part is that once you buy the bible, you can sign up for online ESV bible. So the bible itself is huge, but you can just carry a portable device with you, such as iPhone, iPad, Playbook, etc., and log online and every resource will be on there. That being said, I'd suggest you go for the "big" version and not the smaller "personal" version, as it lacks a few articles the big version has.

Strongly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is amazing!, April 11 2013
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
You can do a pretty good study without needing supplementary material. The maps are gorgeous and with rich historical content. I totally recommend it for anyone who wants to learn scripture at a deeper level :)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing resource, April 15 2012
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
Tons of notes while you read the Bible. Gives you knowledge of the context, author, audience, and all sorts of little bits of information about the content of the passages. Great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the readability of the ESV, Aug. 10 2014
This review is from: ESV Study Bible (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy the readability of the ESV. As a study bible, it is one I refer to often. It is the best study bible I own. The reference works contained within the ESV study bible is very helpful with plenty of scholarly information that so far I have found to be free of religious or doctrinal bias. Navigation of cross references, notes and charts are done with ease and can be accessed from the scripture you are reading. The ESV study bible is great to have in your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars ESV Study Bible - To Go, June 19 2009
P. R. Hill "the professor" (London, Canada) - See all my reviews
With all the features of the "desk reference" ESV Bible the leather edition is beautifully bound, and would make an excellent gift for that very special person, for a birthday, graduation, or special thank you.

In my opinion the ESV ranks up there with the Thompson Chain Reference, but has the advantages of one-hundred years of scholarship. Scholarship with a heart and not just a mind.

Anyone who receives this item will be a proud owner, for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars ESV Study Bible, Aug. 12 2010
I chose this study Bible because the text is of the English Standard Version, an essentially literal word-for-word type translation.

There are study notes at the beginning of each book of the Bible as well as for individual passages and verses. The notes themselves are of a theologically conservative Evangelical perspective. There is a concordance at the back of the Bible.

The text of the Bible is printed in a font that is very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars basically awesome, Nov. 20 2010
i am a youth leader and a sunday school teacher. i wanted a bible to prepare for those and just for my personal use, so i wanted a study bible. i had a different study bible before and i found that the notes in that bible were pretty useless. so i decided to buy an esv study bible and i love it. the notes actually answer my questions and give so much great insight. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to go deeper into God's word.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Esv Study Bible
Esv Study Bible by Crossway Books (Hardcover - Oct. 15 2008)
CDN$ 64.99 CDN$ 40.75