5.0 out of 5 stars Best Resource Any Bible Reader, Student or Scholar should have
The ESV Study Bible is great. One of the best tools I have invested in. It has always helped me in giving good information even in the difficult to understand verses. Although the level of English is at College level, it is easy to understand.
Really happy that Amazon has these in stock and I always get them on the 2nd day. Have bought over 3 of these for my friends...
Published on Nov. 18 2011 by Ritchin Sen

2.0 out of 5 stars Content great!
The content is great and the leather is super but the yellow stitches are not at all appropriate. Also, it might be a batch that bookmark are bounded folded and they tarred the upper page. I returned two. Which is to bad per Crossway. This Bible content is excellent.
Published 6 months ago by Julie

5.0 out of 5 stars Olive Personal SIze ESV Study Bible - A Work of Art..Simply Beautiful!, Feb. 3 2013
I love this bible, the quality is excellent. I've compared most translations, and while I like something about all of them, I just keep going back to the ESV. The cross cover is beautiful, but the inside is as well. The colored in-text maps are much more helpful than the b&w which all my other bibles have. It has a wealth of good in-depth notes and helps, and will probably take the place of all my other books in my bookcase. It's basically a whole bookcase in one easy to carry lightweight bible. I love the fact that the print size of the bible text is larger than the study notes, because they feel that the Word of God is much more important than the notes of man, and I agree. The print of course is a little small, but that's to be expected in a bible with this much info., but yet in a very handy carry size. If you can read those little pocket new testaments you shouldn't have any trouble reading this. I have previously owned the regular size esv study bible...key word being "previously"...I no longer have it because it was just so big and heavy...I just simply never used it or took it anywhere. This one is so much better, as far as size, and I think it will be my companion for many years to come...and where I go it will go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Study Bible, May 31 2012
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
I love this Study Bible, and the ESV translation. I've found this has been a great tool in my walk with Christ to help me understand the text and I think it helped me become a better studier as well. It's helped me slow down as I read, take one verse (or parts of a verse) at a time and chew on it. Since getting this Bible I've purchased multiple commentaries. It's a great introduction to further study aids, while something you'll continually use for something quick and short. Highly recommended. I use this Bible every day and do not regret purchasing it one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing resource, April 15 2012
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
Tons of notes while you read the Bible. Gives you knowledge of the context, author, audience, and all sorts of little bits of information about the content of the passages. Great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource!, Feb. 7 2011
By all means, get this Bible! Firstly, the ESV is in my opinion the truest and best translation of God's Word. Secondly, the study Bible version is like having a commentary built right into the Bible. Unlike some study Bibles which just provide a trite application, the ESV Study Bible gets to the true meaning of the text, giving greater illumination to God's Word. The notes will be sufficient for many amateur theologians to grasp the main ideas of the passages and the cultural nuances in which they were written. I highly recommend for all Christians who hold to the authority of God's Word.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the readability of the ESV, Aug. 10 2014
This review is from: ESV Study Bible (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy the readability of the ESV. As a study bible, it is one I refer to often. It is the best study bible I own. The reference works contained within the ESV study bible is very helpful with plenty of scholarly information that so far I have found to be free of religious or doctrinal bias. Navigation of cross references, notes and charts are done with ease and can be accessed from the scripture you are reading. The ESV study bible is great to have in your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great first reference for daily reading!, July 8 2014
Best study Bible I've used! Pithy and understandable exegesis and commentary for almost every verse. A great first reference for daily reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth, Fully Explained., June 17 2014
DarkKnight - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
I knew it was time to get into a study Bible after I was having trouble understanding some of the books, and what they were trying to say to me. After looking at different options, I spoke with a friend who has studied theology, and they highly recommended the ESV version to me. This study was designed to be affordable and accessible for all. For the price, you will find a lifetime worth of knowledge that will never cease to teach you and allow you to grow as a Christian. If you're looking to take your understanding of The Bible to a new and more impactful level, I highly recommend you seriously consider purchasing this text.

It is laid out so that the Biblical verses are on the top half of the page, while the bottom half is explanation, discussion, and commentary. Verses are broken down and explained as to what is happening and what the meaning is. In studying The Bible, one needs to also learn and understand the culture of the time these events took place. This text takes the time to discuss how Jewish culture functioned, and why certain things happened and the reasoning behind them.

The text also contains many maps and figures, which show where Jesus' ministry went, what areas like Jerusalem looked like, from archaeological research and digs, the path to His crucifixion, the design of the Tabernacle Tent, etc. These figures bring together the study text for a better understanding.

Other resources include essays that discuss methods theological research, introduction to the Old & New Testaments, how to read the books, introductions to the books and what we know about their authors and they way they narrate, as well as a university text book worth of theological and biblical literature in the back of the book to continue your learning.

As for build quality, I'm quite impressed by it. The text will lay flat. It is a large book. My only complaint about it is that being someone who loves to highlight, it can bleed through the paper, especially when your marker is brand new. Also, you will want a notebook or a journaling Bible to make notes in, if desired, as there isn't much room, besides a few words here and there.

I really enjoy the ESV translation, but always recommend that if you're into Bible study, you should reference different translations to obtain the most meaning. For those who are serious, you can purchase a comparative Bible, which lines versus so you can quickly compare them between translations.

I hope that this book will make as big of an impact on your life as it did mine.

Note: The ESV Study Bible contains a Protestant leaning interpretation of the Scriptures, if that is important for you to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible for gifts, May 16 2014
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
I am a youth pastor and have bought these study Bibles for my grads the last two years. They are excellent and I fully recommend them. They are quite large and not very portable, but very good for Bible study with tons of insightful notes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Study Bible, May 8 2014
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
A very good Study Bible with maps,commentaries and insights all warped in one. Highly recommended Study Bible for anyone who wants to study the Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars study bible, April 30 2014
This review is from: Esv Study Bible (Hardcover)
Great study bible the helps are great. The translation is very easy to read and understand. I also like having this bible in hard cover so it will last longer as well as stay open when using it to compare other translations.
thanks

Esv Study Bible
Esv Study Bible by Crossway Books (Hardcover - Oct. 15 2008)
CDN$ 59.99 CDN$ 34.48