5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have
I bought this manual as part of my textbook purchases for university. This manual is a must have for anyone writing APA formatted work. The Spiral bound book is great for staying on pages and easily locating information.
Published 13 months ago by Amanda Nelson

2.0 out of 5 stars APA Manual
The APA Manual was supposed to be easier to use for anyone who had to write in APA- it ISN'T. In fact it is harder to use because it doesn't identify the changes from the previous edition. The only good thing is that I bought it coil-bound so it's easier to use, just open it to the page. I bought it because I have to, not because I wanted to.
Published on Nov. 26 2010 by Lincoln

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars APA Manual, Nov. 26 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars APA Manual flawed 1st printing -- how to get the corrected 2nd printing??, March 16 2010
This review is from: Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Paperback)
What has happened to the reviews of the APA 6th edition that warned buyers that they would receive the flawed July 2009 printing if they shopped on Amazon? The consensus was that to get the 2nd printing (with errors corrected), you would need to buy direct from APA. I did just that and last week received the flawed 1st printing from APA themselves. The blurb on this site says that the number of errors has been exaggerated and that they fill 4 pages which can be downloaded from the APA site. Check the APA site and you'll see that the errors fill 8 tightly-spaced pages. Yet, APA continues to sell the faulty edition. In response to my complaint, they've offered to replace the two flawed copies they sent but first I must pay the costs of mailing the books back to them . . .

1.0 out of 5 stars (Spiral) Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sept. 12 2012
I was very disappointed in the copy that I received it is improperly formatted. It goes from page 154-195 and then back to 155. It is very confusing and I had highlighted in the book prior to realizing this so it is not even able to be returned! LOVE the book HATE the copy I received through Amazon. BUY directly from APA for this one!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool for writing, Jan. 31 2014
This is an explicit manual for APA style writing and I appreciate Amazon has sent me the most recent edition of the manual as I know there were errors on previous ones.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy, Sept. 3 2013
This book is not well organized. It is difficult to find information that is needed, and as a student who has been using this book for three years now for my nursing degree, I find it very frustrating. Many times our class has had discussions with instructors after papers have been marked and it's because this book is telling us the wrong information. Many of us had never written in APA before buying this manual so it's hard for us to know. I am not happy with using this book overall, I find it difficult to locate information. I probably have about 10 sticky notes and folded pages for things that I normally forget but always seem to have to look up because they are so important. It is hard to find all of these topics even though they are used frequently, so I marked all of the pages to save time. I bought my version from the university bookstore so I don't think it matters much who you buy it from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, March 18 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential resource, March 15 2014
This is one the clearest and best-explained style manuals I use. It sits beside me as I edit and it's easy to find what I need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Required /recommended for studies, Feb. 25 2014
This as indicated is recommended and is fairly comprehensive as a reference.
This reading is very comprehensive to the ethics decision making frameworks, principles and theories - recommended as a reading for ethics committee memebers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, Jan. 26 2014
A great source to refer to when writing APA style essays. Referred to this manual consistently for the degree courses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will sell at a furute date, Nov. 8 2013
Purchased the book for writing assignments however within the field of journalism APA style is not used normally. The Canadian Press is the guidelines I will be following and have purchased the books from here

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›