summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 13, 2014
Well I am just glad that I got this edition rather than the other one. I would not have known about this one if I did not read the reviews. As far as I can tell this one is correct.

The APA publication manual is a great resource and I find it easy to use in my graduate studies so far. I just wish that Amazon and the APA would have been more accommodating to others who purchased the version with errors.
on March 16, 2010
What has happened to the reviews of the APA 6th edition that warned buyers that they would receive the flawed July 2009 printing if they shopped on Amazon? The consensus was that to get the 2nd printing (with errors corrected), you would need to buy direct from APA. I did just that and last week received the flawed 1st printing from APA themselves. The blurb on this site says that the number of errors has been exaggerated and that they fill 4 pages which can be downloaded from the APA site. Check the APA site and you'll see that the errors fill 8 tightly-spaced pages. Yet, APA continues to sell the faulty edition. In response to my complaint, they've offered to replace the two flawed copies they sent but first I must pay the costs of mailing the books back to them . . .
on November 26, 2010
The APA Manual was supposed to be easier to use for anyone who had to write in APA- it ISN'T. In fact it is harder to use because it doesn't identify the changes from the previous edition. The only good thing is that I bought it coil-bound so it's easier to use, just open it to the page. I bought it because I have to, not because I wanted to.
on March 18, 2013
I bought this manual as part of my textbook purchases for university. This manual is a must have for anyone writing APA formatted work. The Spiral bound book is great for staying on pages and easily locating information.
on August 28, 2014
What can you say about a citation and style manual? It has information. It's ok. I think they need a bigger section on electronic sources. I had to look up how to cite the majority of electronic sources online.
on November 14, 2015
No problems.

I do not give a five star to the book itself. There are several online sources that layout and explain APA much better than the manual itself. However, for undergraduate students, it is certainly handy to have this book as a guide, and I definitely recommend it. For beginning graduate students who have managed to get through their undergrad without it, I suggest that at this point, online sources would suffice. With that being said, it does lend itself well as a simple reference.

The physical copy was in great shape, and delivery time was as expected. Thank you.
on September 22, 2014
I really appreciate having an electronic version because I can "search" it and find what I need very quickly. It's crucial to have/reference/read for many students and researchers
on January 31, 2014
This is an explicit manual for APA style writing and I appreciate Amazon has sent me the most recent edition of the manual as I know there were errors on previous ones.
on September 3, 2013
This book is not well organized. It is difficult to find information that is needed, and as a student who has been using this book for three years now for my nursing degree, I find it very frustrating. Many times our class has had discussions with instructors after papers have been marked and it's because this book is telling us the wrong information. Many of us had never written in APA before buying this manual so it's hard for us to know. I am not happy with using this book overall, I find it difficult to locate information. I probably have about 10 sticky notes and folded pages for things that I normally forget but always seem to have to look up because they are so important. It is hard to find all of these topics even though they are used frequently, so I marked all of the pages to save time. I bought my version from the university bookstore so I don't think it matters much who you buy it from.
on March 19, 2015
This is one of those things nearly everyone overlooks but it helps so I don't get kicked out of school :P