Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Music Deals Store Fall Barbecue

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(4 star).show all reviews
I so wish this book would have been out on the market when we planted our church. I think I would have been able to cope more with the disappointments of inexistent moral support. But it didn't happen this way so now I am coping with the death of a dream instead. Mind you I am totally aware that God sometimes bring something to death to revive it and make it growth. So there is hope in the future. We both sense that our church would excel in other areas so we are open to anything from God.
In the meantime, I was curious about this book and I decided to dig in it. I've discovered an author who is willing to share her story in being a pastor's wife and how she dealt with the various expectations, disappointments and joys of following her husband in this calling of pasturing a church. She points out that fashion is not a thing of yesterday, that we need to be careful not to become an enemy of our husbands, that leading a church can hurt on various aspects (including criticism), that you can find best friends in your church, that you can bloom where you are planted (I mean each of us have special gifts so why not using them in your church?), the aspect of raising PK (preacher's kids) and much more. She definitively write about all the various questions a young woman might ask herself when she follow her spouse in this adventure of church planting or pasturing.
Each chapter concludes with a round table which contains some thoughts from women who are married to ministry on the subject of the chapter. Also include are some questions that could be used in a book study between pastor's wives. Nothing is better than having the support of other women experiencing the same thing in the neighborhood. Don't you think?
In conclusion, if you husband is called in ministry or in pasturing or in church planting, don't hesitate one more minute and get yourself a copy of You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes. You will find support and encouragement from Lisa as well as see that being a married to ministry girl can be fulfilling.
This review was possible because I received a copy of You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes from B&B Media.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again