4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents...
An inspirational work that will encourage you to live out your faith as though you mean it!

Published on March 15 2011 by Adam

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not read this book
I was given this book to read because I was told it was an excellent book. The more I read the more upset I became and could barely complete the book. In closer examination I realized I was feeling bullied. Bullied by a man who said he was about grace yet used language that was not seasoned with grace.

What I found confusing was that I could not quite figure...
Published 19 months ago by John Labots

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., March 15 2011
Adam (Saskatoon, SK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)

Chan does a great job in this book. He describes how great God is and then he describes how great His love is for us. And then he envisions ideals of what following God looks like. Chan's book is interactive, as he often recommends stopping to regard either some scripture, nature, or even a video or two of his sermons/teachings on the internet.

The absolute greatness of God needs to inspire us to be a people of action. Those of us who claim to be Christian are called out and asked to prove it. While some may see this as leading to a works based salvation, I disagree. It seems like Chan wants us to examine ourselves because what we do matters more than we think. What we do won't earn us salvation, but the fruits of our labors identify us for who and what we are: on fire for God or not.

People who try to tear this book apart will do so claiming that Chan is misinterpreting scripture... which is more a misunderstanding of Chan's intention than Chan misinterpreting scripture. This is not a theological commentary on scripture. It is a book written for average Christians who need inspiration to go beyond a regular routine.

If you need a book that will rekindle the fire that causes us to be the Light of the World, this might just be the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Love, April 6 2014
O. Stephen Peart (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
Love is a under used word at the same time it is so over used. Francis breaks the word down and gives the truth about love. It is crazy? Why? Simply, love is not about the lovely, lovable, for loving sake but it is the opposite. Read the book, you will get what love really is.

4.0 out of 5 stars must read, Nov. 29 2013
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
While Chan is riding a wave of popularity and the book is somewhat over-hyped by that popularity, there are some strong challenges in the book. I don't think Chan says anything new but he says it differently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Oct. 3 2013
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
I would recommend this book for anyone! My best friend got it and suggested it to myself and another friend. I am glad she did!

5.0 out of 5 stars must read, July 7 2013
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
did a group bible study of this book. this is the book i recommend to friends. an thought provoking book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got inspired and encouraged by Francis Chan, May 14 2013
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
I wouldn't say Francis Chan is an excellent writer, but he definitely agrees with this book -- he is deeply and crazily in love with Jesus, God's grace. He is biblical and radical, but he loves Jesus, and he is so generous sharing his love, his feelings, his words, and his earthly enormous passion with us in this book. I got encouraged by his calling out, and moved by his outspoken heart. Please read this book to get more ideas about God's mercy and what we should do in it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, March 21 2013
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
This book will make you "uncomfortable" about where you are at in your Christian walk, for most of us anyway; and will inspire you to want to change - want to become more like HIM. This book was a wonderful kick in the butt for alot of people in our church.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book well worth reading, Dec 22 2012
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to discover a deeper understanding of our relationship with God and how much He cares for humankind.

5.0 out of 5 stars A convicting, challenging and inspiring read!, Oct. 22 2012
Alyson R. Mcnish "Alyson" (Ontario,Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
This is one of the best studies I have purchased in years. This book is challenging on so many levels. Written well, and designed to 'light the fire' within us so to speak. I highly recommend this book for any Christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Love., April 5 2012
This review is from: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (Paperback)
Love this book. Shows you what true Christianity is all about. Check out Francis Chan's youtube. This is a keeper. Amazing book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xae15b594)

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Danae Yankoski (Paperback - May 1 2008)
CDN$ 16.85 CDN$ 11.54
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available