4.0 out of 5 stars IAD is irresistible, Aug. 27 2010
This review is from: Demon from the Dark (Mass Market Paperback)
I want to start by saying I am a huge fan of the series but...This was not my favorite installment. As one reviewer already mentioned Malkom had a lot in common, and in some ways reminded me of, a character from JR Ward's BDB series. This is not necessarily a bad thing it just seemed unoriginal in comparison to what I have come to expected from Ms. Cole. Carrow is a great character and in Demon from the Dark she goes from the fun party girl to a more robust character. Cole takes the time to make her into a more three dimensional person and she is pretty damn special - she comes a close second to my fave female Mari. There is a lot of action in this installment, including some set up for characters that have yet to find their HEA, like Lanthe and Regin. Even with all the action there is a large amount of time in Demon from the Dark when we only see Malkom and Carrow. I found I missed the other characters - there is very little from NIx, Regin, or any of the secondary characters till much later in the book. This installment is a bit darker in both tone and humour, and I am wondering if this is in preparation for the ascension or just a temporary thing related to the characters themselves. It also has me wondering about who will be next and if any of the baddies will get HEA's before we are done, similar to what she did with Sabine. I am still waiting for Lothaire's HEA - I have to admit to having a bit of a crush so I am fervently hoping he has one coming to him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the same Kresley COLE book., Sept. 11 2010
This review is from: Demon from the Dark (Mass Market Paperback)
I just finished this novel from the Immortals After Dark Series. I was surprised by the slower pace of writing as I was drawn to the writing style of the previous books. The pace is drawn out a bit in this one. The characters have a language barrier for a majority of the book and for me that held back on the bonding into the relationship with the characters. I felt uncomfortable with the whole translation stuff and it went on a bit long. My girl NIX doesn't have a presence much and I so much love her in the series. However, I was excited when my baby Rydstrom makes a brief appearance but his presence isn't the same strong character either. The overall mingling of characters is nice but it was a bit hard to relate to the build up at the end of the group planning a rescue and then a cliffhanger on what happened. It is still a good read and I enjoyed the intermingling of story lines. The whole He's my fated one and I am going to retaliate has been a theme on this novel and it was surprisingly old by the end. I still liked the book and found it intreguing... a must have for the series. Let it roll baby! Bring on the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS SERIES, Sept. 16 2010
Linda Bilodeau "Janedoe13" (Lac Superieur, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demon from the Dark (Mass Market Paperback)
What more can I say, I ADORE this series. I can hardly wait for the next one to come out. Once you start reading it you can't put it down. I love the caracters and all the interactions with past heros and heroines. Even a caracters that seemed evil in a previous book can turn out to be a hero. Kresley Cole has one incredible imagination to come up with these different factions and all the lore. It's an excellent read.

Demon from the Dark
Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 24 2010)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49