Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Music Deals Store NFL Barbecue

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 15, 2010
I was browsing in my favorite book store when I came across this book containing 2 novels featuring Dr. Nick Polchak a forensic entomologist also known as the "Bug Man" written by Tim Downs. The stories sounded interesting so I decided to take a chance. I am so happy I did.
Both novels Shoofly Pie and Chop Shop are filled with gross scenes as Nick Polchak explains the whole mysterious process of blood-seeking flies and flesh eating beetles on dead bodies. Dr. Polchak solved the mystery of Kathryn Guilford's friend's apparent suicide just by studying species of flies and their environment. Very graphic, not for the faint of heart.

In Chop Shop, Nick helps Dr. Riley McKay, a Pathologist, to uncover suspicious bungled autopsies performed by her supervising pathologist at the Allegheny County Coroner's office, Dr. Nathan Lassiter. Again Dr. Polchak uses tiny maggots to solve the mystery.

You will find that Dr. Nick Polchak is not your typical hero. He is not handsome, wears thick glasses and he comes across as a very rude and sarcastic individual indeed. You just cannot help but fall in love with him despite his shortcomings.

After reading these two novels, I ordered, through, the other 3 installments of Dr Nick Polchak, the Bug Man, series of which I just finished First the Dead(another page turner) and now starting Less than Dead.

If you want mystery, suspense with some humour blended in, pick up a copy of Shoofly Pie and Chop Shop. You will not be sorry.

Happy reading!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again