Published on June 3 2010 by Todd Bartholomew

1.0 out of 5 stars Not funny
I am a big fan of Samantha Bee on the Daily Show and was really looking forward to reading "I know I am but what are you?", but I was very disappointed in it and didn't even bother to finish it. I found very little of the content funny and got heartily sick of reading about her sexual exploits.
Published on Sept. 1 2010 by Ogilvie

5.0 out of 5 stars How much is truth or fiction is unclear, but it is HILARIOUS!, June 3 2010
Any time a comedian writes about their life there's a "through the looking glass" tendency to question how much of it is truth and how much is played strictly for comic effect. As a regular contributor to "The Daily Show" Samantha Bee has shown herself to be one of the sharpest wits on television and a master at deftly skewering an array of idiots, gasbags, blowhards, and freaks. What will shock and surprise readers the most is not only Bee's sharp sense of humor and wit, but her laying bare her past in shocking details. "I Know I Am" is by turns not only hilariously funny yet also thought provoking as you read all the drama that Bee has gone through in her life. Like any good comic Bee finds the humor and laughs in her past and plays it to comic effect. Ostensibly a series of essays on various aspects of her life, "I Know I Am" holds together well as a biography of sorts and also as musings on the absurdities of a misspent life doing an array of crazy things. That she wound up on "The Daily Show" is nothing short of surprising, given the strange things she's done in her life, all told in a voice that is distinctively hers. If you've enjoyed Samantha Bee on "The Daily Show" and want to know more about what makes her tick then you'll definitely enjoy "I Know I Am"! But there remains an otherworldly strangeness to the book that makes you wonder if its all true or invented; such is the nature of Bee's humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know you are, but what am I?, Dec 3 2010
Anastasia Prozorova "Prokrida" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
As a manager, I'd say, this is a very bad CV - I wouldn't hire you :)
But as a Canadian, I'd say, there is a reason it's said still waters run deep...

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, July 8 2010
Samantha Bee's book is as funny, if not funnier than her role as a Corespondent on "The Daily Show". A funny, self-aware and self-deprecating look at her own life with tons of laugh out loud moments.

This is a great quick, light and funny read good for any fan of "The daily Show" and "The Colbert Report".

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious...my innards hurt!, June 3 2010
Sam is a wonderful writer! I had to hold my sides I was laughing so hard. I love her on the Daily Show too as she is my personal favorite. Some family stuff was obviously expanded, as the one's featuring her father are probably not all that factual! He is however the funniest guy in that hilarious family. Buy this book, or I will tell your mother!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not funny, Sept. 1 2010

I Know I Am, But What Are You?
I Know I Am, But What Are You? by Samantha Bee (Paperback - Feb. 8 2011)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43