4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series
I have read books by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love before. This is the first book in a new series and I enjoyed the book. I found it an easy light read to relax with. The characters are typical of other books these two ladies has written. I plan to purchase the next book in the series.
Published on March 4 2011 by Carol

2.0 out of 5 stars Gah! What?
Published on May 31 2011 by Mocha

2.0 out of 5 stars Gah! What?, May 31 2011
This review is from: Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought the book a few days ago, enticed by the excerpt. I thought this sounded interesting and a little different than all the others. This is my second Sherrilyn Kenyon book purchase, and though I did not remember my first purchase (Aleron) to be very good, I thought I'd give this one a try. Well... I'm confused, is all I can say. I actually went to the SK website to check the book chronology because this book actually reads like it's a sequel, full of "inside information" I dont understand. I also have to say I am growing somewhat tired of these strong-willed-but-deep-down-oversensitive women with their only-I-can-touch-you-and-make-you-feel-Alpha men. Overdone much? And that's just the beginning. The sheer number of characters is staggering, plus the spelling of names makes me stumble everytime, especially the heroïne "Evalle" (E-val-ley? or E-val? or Eva-ahl?), come on! Many characters are under-developped and what you do know of their story is not original (ok, I read a lot, but still). The story is somewhat rushed here and there, it's pace uneven. This whole book seems like a melting pot of threads without the tapestry (unless its an abstract tapestry). I actually skimmed a couple of pages. This is no Jim Butcher, Karen Marie Moning, or Ian Irvine. Sorry, authors, but I think your editors dropped the ball here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series, March 4 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars A confused and confusing hodge podge of a plot, Nov. 22 2010
Lotusland Lady (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Evalle is actually E Valerie but no one knows what the E stands for. She is an Alterant (which is sort of a half breed, mixed race, combo-meal being) even though half of her is a Belador and she doesn't know what the other half is. Beladors are proud, talented and gifted and they despise Alternants who turn into beasts when upset and eat everything and everyone in sight. You can kind of understand why Beladors are reluctant to get too cozy.
None the less, this mean spirited reaction to her unexplained committment to Beladorism (?) really frosts Evalle's hide. Every damn time somebody gets eaten they blame Evalle and want to lock her up. You can see why she has a severe attitude about trust, men and whomever named her "E".
Evalle was raised by an aunt who hated her and locked her in a basement for eighteen years where she was raped by her doctor when she was fifteen.(This also is never explained.) Sunshine will kill her so she sleeps in a basement with only her gargoyle, Fenix, to love. Despite all that she is brave and noble but surly. People with equally badly spelled names like Isak Nyght (and the Nyght Raiders) and Yvan are either out to destroy her or lust after her or just try to figure out what is her problem.
Evalle works as part of a team of professional evil demon stamper-outers but they don't like her either. In fact neither do Shiva, Macha or Brina, the gods who sort hang out and hover over the proceedings. But then, Evalle won't tell her partners anything, withholds information and generally threatens anyone who touches her. It's the trust issue thing again.
This book is so confusing, with so many people running about,declaiming and doing improbable things for no reason whatsoever, threatening total annilation, and being generally useless I stopped caring who won. I was never even sure what they were so upset about. Characters lurk darkly but you're never told why they are in this book at all. In fact a better title for this novel would be a "Tale of Loose Ends."
I believe this is the first of a series. Oh my!

ARRAY(0xb58f88d0)

Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series
Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series by Dianna Love (Mass Market Paperback - Oct. 19 2010)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49