5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favorite
I've purchased the paperback version of this so many times because I keep lending this book to friends, but never get it back. I find myself missing these characters and needing to read it again every few years. They are like old friends. Finally got smart and downloaded the Kindle version.

While there are so many characters, McCammon manages to give each one...
Published 1 month ago by Sherri E. Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars Horror, not science fiction, but a good read
I am a fan of post-apocalyptic speculative fiction, but I generally prefer science fiction to horror or fantasy. With its heavey reliance on the supernatural and the gory, this book definitely falls into the horror category. But if you don't mind a little horror it's an entertaining tale, with several plot lines running simulataneously, some obvious, some less so...
Published on May 25 2004 by M. Fairchild

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favorite, March 18 2014
Sherri E. Fox - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swan Song (Kindle Edition)

While there are so many characters, McCammon manages to give each one a unique depth. I love the story, I love the struggle and it's a great escape read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fiction, March 8 2014
This review is from: Swan Song (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought for my husband as he enjoys reading while we're on vacation on the beach.
He thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to The Stand?, July 31 2013
Rose (Saint John, NB, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Swan Song (Kindle Edition)
I read a few reviews that compared this book with The Stand, and having read that years ago I wouldn't say I agree. It seemed more like King and McCammon were in a room together and someone said to them "I'd like you both to write an apocalyptic novel....a long one. Something epic!! I'd like to see a God versus Satan or a good versus evil theme, however you can't just outright have the good side win - good guys must die as well as well as the bad guys. There should also be a little supernatural something happening. And there must be corn, fields of corn. Oh, and visions...we cannot forget visions. Now go forth and write"

And I love them both

5.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoyed The Passage, April 23 2013
This review is from: Swan Song (Kindle Edition)
Swan Song was recommended to me after I finished and very much enjoyed The Passage and The Twelve (Justin Cronin) and I really enjoyed this book. It is a great tale of good versus evil, I just couldn't put it down. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I coudlnt put this book down!, April 17 2013
This review is from: Swan Song (Paperback)
I went into a used book store for my monthly book fix...I wanted to read something different, the cashier suggested Swan Song, he told me that if I was not interested in the story to bring it back in a couple of days and he would trade it in for me. He said, I bet you wont be back though...I returned a week later to Thank him, with the book finished! This book was so hard to put down, it just grabbed me and I couldnt wait until I could pick it up again...This is the only book I have read more than once and even after 10 years, from the first time I read it, I am still buying it for people to read and enjoy as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story., March 17 2013
This review is from: Swan Song (Kindle Edition)
This was a great story. I can see why people compare this book to King's The Stand, but really, how many books out there in the post-apocalyptic genre can't be compared to one another. I started reading this book a few days ago and sat through 4-5 hour reading sessions because I couldn't put the book down. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars APOCALYPTIC HORROR..., Feb. 24 2008
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Swan Song (Mass Market Paperback)
This apocalyptic tale of terror is a classic in the horror genre, right up there with Stephen King's "The Stand". With a well-thought out plot and interesting characters, the author pits the forces of good and evil in an America that has been decimated by nuclear warfare. The landscape is bleak, indeed, as nuclear winter has set in and the sun has gone into hiding. Bands of desperate survivors, many blighted by hideous facial growths, roam the land. Some seek only survival, while others seek something else.

At the heart of the battle between good and evil is a child, Sue Wanda, known affectionately, as Swan, who is under the protection of a gentle giant named Joe, a former wrestler. This is a child with a gift, as she can commune with nature and seems to be able to affect plant life. Seeking Swan is a woman named Sister, who has been given a vision of Swan and feels that it is her mission to find her. Meanwhile evil forces also seek Swan, but there is nothing beneficent about their quest.

What happens when the forces of good meet the forces of evil will keep the reader eagerly turning the pages of the behemoth of a horror novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still My Favourite Book, Feb. 17 2010
Dee (Navan, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swan Song (Paperback)
I read Swan Song by Robert McCammon when it first came out in 1987 and 23 years later the story still comes to mind. I am an avid book reader going through 1 to 2 books a week but Swan Song is still by far my favourite novel. It will remind you of Stephen King's The Stand, another excellent page turner, but I find the characters in Swan Song better developed making them more likeable and/or hateable whatever the case may be. You will bite your nails to the quik when good meet evil to fight it out and see which group will dominate the word. You will cheer and unfortunately you will shed tears at the outcome.
This kind of "end of the world" book might not be for you but if you enjoy none stop action, read this book.
Sister Creep was my personal favourite and still is to this day. A remarkable lady despite the fact she started out as a "bag lady". She WILL earn your respect!!!
Read it and enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Going out on a limb here, Dec 5 2003
J. Haltom (Jackson, TN. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swan Song (Mass Market Paperback)
I went through the reviews just to look at the two- and three-star comments. They all say the same thing: Rip off of "The Stand." This is not a rip-off, but an improvement of "The Stand." It goes places that King's novel doesn't, and is much more believable and frightening (this from a self-proclaimed King-nut). Certain scenes from "Swan" stay with you...the tunnel scene, the escape from K-Mart, PawPaw's message, the escape from the highway in the truck, the attack on Mary's Rest. Not only will you love this novel, you will be ready to read it over and over...something I can't say about "The Stand." The characters are much more believable and visceral. I can't say enough about this book. One of the best I've read...period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swan's Song, April 11 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Swan Song (Mass Market Paperback)
This is, and forever will be, the best book I have ever read. Forever. And ever. Amen.

ARRAY(0xaa035c18)

Swan Song
Swan Song by Robert McCammon (Paperback - Nov. 10 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 6.23