4.0 out of 5 stars Cole was great!
Published on Aug. 16 2010 by Rory Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better
I'm a great fan of Kresley Cole series, but this book was not one of her best in this series, and the fact that Gena Showalter took half of the book ! what's up with that ?? I didn't even read Gena Showalter story. When I buy a book I like to read one story not 2.Anyway like I said..... not one of her best.
Published on Nov. 6 2009 by Nikita

4.0 out of 5 stars Cole was great!, Aug. 16 2010
This review is from: Deep Kiss of Winter (Hardcover)
This would have been a five star had it just been the Kresley Cole story. I am a huge fan of the series. Showalter is just not on par with Cole and this book just made that more obvious. If you are an IAD fan this is a must read story in the series. I love how all the stories are happening at the same time and we are getting different pieces of the story with each book. I think I am looking forward to Nix's book most of all.

4.0 out of 5 stars The good and the bad, Aug. 19 2011
Anna (Atlantic Canada) - See all my reviews
Cole's story? As good as ever and no disappointment. She knows how to walk the line between entertaining fantasy and laughable weirdness. However....Showalter's? Never read any of hers before and won't again. Possible spoiler alert. It wasn't hot, it was a hot mess. It was stilted, weird, and illogical (for example, the capturer treats her with admiration and desire, yet she continuously says and shows that she thinks him an evil, hating enemy against all evidence to the contrary). A hero who has a girl's name, smells like hot cross buns, and has sparkly nipples. A heroine who has gross ailments and transgender episodes - not hot and there was nothing compelling or charismatic about either of them. It was just bizarre on all levels and not believable at all. Nooo thanks. The four stars go entirely to Cole.

4.0 out of 5 stars Something unexpected, April 14 2011
I have been an avid Kresley Cole reader for the past year or so. I truly enjoy her books. Deep Kiss of Winter was beautiful. I love the story telling, and the characters seem so real. Her mix of Lore and real worl is fabulous.

I had never read any of Gena Showalters work though. I enjoyed the story, but it was a little more vivid, and wasn't as gemtle in language as I used to. The lore is what attracted me, but the addition of Aliens threw me off a bit.

This book has made me want to continue reading Kresley Coles books, and has interested me enough to read a few more from Gena Showwalter

4.0 out of 5 stars Cole & Showalter - A Must Read, Nov. 9 2009
S. McCowan (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deep Kiss of Winter (Hardcover)
As a huge Kresley Cole fan I was very excited to read about the last Wroth brother. With the release of Deep Kiss of Winter my first thought was to read Kresley's story 'Untouchable', to be honest I was not really bothered about Gena Showalters story, I bought the book ONLY for Cole's story.

Dont get me wrong, I am a big Gena Showalter fan, love her Lords of the Underworld series but I just cant get into her Alien Huntress series which is what is included in this book.

However since I had bought the book I thought I would give 'Tempt Me Eternally' a read and out of the two stories in the book, it was Showalter's story that I enjoyed the most. It was passionate, emotional and action packed. Her characters in this story are wonderful and Breean makes you long to be captured.

I enjoyed Kresley's 'Untouchable' but after reading I was a little disappointed that Murdoch turned out to be my least favourite Wroth brother, I had high hopes for him. Still the story is touching, very hot and had the return of many favourite characters. Cant wait for the next Immortal After Dark story.

Both stories feel more like full length books instead of what you usually find in anthologies. Deep kiss of Winter will keep you warm on a cold winters night and both stories are well worth the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovetoread, Nov. 8 2009
pbert "book addict" (Kapuskasing, On Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deep Kiss of Winter (Hardcover)
I am a big fan of both these authors so enjoyed this book quite a lot. Do not really want to give an outline of the story as I feel that if you like an author you will give them a chance and buy their books. However, I will say this---I find it extremely annoying when I am reading a series and the authors stick a following storyline in another book with someone else; good way to miss out on a story because I come from a small town and have to order my books online; just saying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, Nov. 6 2009

Deep Kiss of Winter
Deep Kiss of Winter by Gena Showalter (Hardcover - Oct. 13 2009)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 17.00