5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and Profound

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Little, Too Late
Published on Sept. 30 2010 by CrystalYin

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and Profound, Feb. 20 2011
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
I was inspired by The Secret, and when I saw The Power, my curiosity was immediately piqued. The cover was so lovely, the description was captivating, so I gifted myself this book. Although at first the teachings of this book may seem simplistic, they are actually quite profound. The knowledge and wisdom imparted through its pages have changed my life for the better. I put the recommendations to work in my daily life and experienced immediate, ongoing positive results and changes. It is something I will forever be grateful for. I will continue to use The Power in my own life, for the rest of my life. I am a more positive & happy person because of it.

Not only is this a deeply meaningful book, but it is nothing short of a work of art. The design and illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. Aesthetically, it is such a pleasure to read through, and the imagery serves to drive home its points. The Power is a book that I will give to my friends and family for special occasions, and whenever I notice someone in my life in need of its teachings.

I rarely read a book twice, but The Power is a book I will refer to again and again throughout the rest of my life. It is that good, that meaningful. I wish everyone would read it and embrace what it teaches. The world would be a much happier, kinder place. I am uplifted by having read it and enjoy the benefits regularly. Bring some positive energy into your own life, change your relationships and circumstances for the better by reading The Power and putting its teachings into practice. A new you and a new world awaits...

~Rai Aren

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, May 20 2011
Munira Bhatia (Delta, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
This book is so inspiring and powerful.
It can change the way you think. And the great thing is that it works.
I realized that how I was going through life was all wrong.
Always being angry at the world for everything that went wrong and blaming others when things went wrong and not realizing that the angrier I got and the more I blamed everyone around me I was attracting more of the same.

As I starting sending love to the world around me and letting go if things didn't go right just letting go and letting it be and moving on and sending good feelings and happiness to everyone around me this feelings started to come back to me. I am so glad I purchased this book. I now keep it by my bedside and will open it randomly at night before I go to bed and I find the message I need for the day. A Must have for everyone.
The Power

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, but there's better, Aug. 26 2010
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
While I fully agree with all the concepts illustrated by the author, as I did with "The Secret", I must admit that the book is a little superficial and lacks "The Secret's" contribution of many thinkers. Since I read Rhonda's first book, my interest in the subject deepened and I've been keenly reading both classics and new releases. As for a classic book I would recommend Think and Grow Rich. Rhonda herself was inspired by classic books she read and her work is nothing else but a compilation of other people's work, however in a very attractive format. Most of the new releases are "me too" books not really adding much value. I am however inclined to change my mind after reading Read Me - I Am Magical which apart from having a fresh structure, presents the best bits and pieces of how to effectively create reality, referencing both the classics and newest research. AND - FINALLY SOMETHING NEW in book writing - it's got a subliminal message - and I checked it - you DO feel great when you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, Sept. 27 2010
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
This is an amazing book that must be read over and over. I have felt a difference in my attitude and overall contentment within weeks of applying the lessons in the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Little, Too Late, Sept. 30 2010
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
If you have read The Greatest Manifestation Principle in the World: The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires, then you already have a deeper understanding of the power of love. If you have read The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide, then you already have a deeper understanding of the importance of feelings. And if you have read Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow, then you already have a deeper understanding of the manifestation process -- a process that involves an Intelligence operating in this world that is far greater than the Law of Attraction as it is described by Rhonda Byrne. It would be great if Bryne''s new book was all three of the above books combined into one. But it isn''t. It still deserves a couple of stars, though. Why? Because Bryne has done a fantastic job of introducing the whole world to the idea that our thoughts and feelings have creative power. And for that, she deserves some credit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review - The Power, by Rhonda Byrne, Aug. 29 2010
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
"The Power" was released on August 17, 2010. Not only have I jumped on the first occasion to grab my very own copy of the book, but it really didn't take long before I finished reading it -- less than 3 workdays! Needless to say I was very excited about Rhonda Byrne's major new book being released to the world!

"The Power" basically contains the essence of everything Rhonda Byrne has learned since "The Secret" was released in 2006. As a matter of fact, in the first few pages of the book, the author explains that as people learned how to change their lives with "The Secret," they also shared thousands of amazing stories with her. As a result, not only did Rhonda Byrne receive more insights into why people experience such difficulties in their lives, but the core knowledge of "The Power" mainly came from these insights.

In my opinion, this book is a wonderful reminder of what "The Secret" has been so far for millions of us across the planet. Not only will you find again all the joy, enthusiasm, and passion of the author, but you'll also be given the opportunity to appreciate even more Rhonda Byrne's unique style, voice, color, and vision.

MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT

In "The Secret," Rhonda Byrne -- along with her superb team of Master Teachers -- gave active and total consideration to thoughts and feelings as being the only requirements for us to successfully manifest health, wealth, and happiness into our lives. As a matter of fact, by omitting to mention the relevance of even taking inspired action, the teachings contained in both the film and book almost led us to believe that all we had to do to have it all was to think and feel.

Not only was this omission a huge mistake, but many contributors to "The Secret" duly corrected it in subsequent publications of their own. To be honest with you, I sincerely hoped that "The Power" would also correct this omission... alas, to my deep disappointment. Nowhere in her new book does Rhonda Byrne mention the relevance of taking action -- not even taking inspired action.

CONCLUSION

To sum it all up: Not only do I believe "The Power" book to be a superb addition to my spiritual shelf, but I highly recommend reading it before making your next gift list! However, I urge you to be a well-informed reader: While thoughts and feelings are critical to help us raise our level of happiness and improve the quality of our lives, taking inspired action is as critical a step that we'd better consider as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, Oct. 6 2010
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
For the first 100 pages or so I was just 'getting through' the book. It was a lot of information you had heard before, especially if you watched or read the secret. But, after those 100 pages or so I turned into what is now one of my favorite books. It truly was beautiful in every sense. The way she wrote it, the way it inspired you, even the artwork on every single page. I highly recommend this book, and the book that inspired the author, "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace D. Wattles

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power Gives Hope, Jan. 31 2011
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
While reading this book, I felt very good. It's not that it was my first time reading about positive thinking, but somehow this book drove the point home about how we create our future with our thoughts and feelings. And the best part is, my husband, who doesn't like to read, and used to be skeptical about these types of books, has started reading it after I convinced him to do so... and so far he seems to take what he's learning to heart. Even he said that the book gives him hope. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Refresher Course, Oct. 4 2010
Rule 62 Ken (Abbotsford, BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Hardcover)
This book claims that the reader doesn't have to have read the Secret to benefit from the Power, and that's somewhat true. The Power is in many ways a refresher course in the Law of Attraction. Having read the Secret will help the reader grasp the concepts in the Power more easily, but the message of the Secret is retaught in a new package, with positive feelings being re-labeled "love". It's core message is one that anyone can benefit from, skeptic or not. The message in this book helps the reader to improve self-esteem and mental health and to become open to receiving the good things that life has to offer. To gain the full impact of the message, the reader should read the Secret (or watch the video), but for those who've read the first book and put it on a shelf, filing the lessons learned in a dusty filing cabinet of the mind, this is a great reminder and refresher course. Regardless of what skeptics and pessimists may say, we can all use a reminder of the messages in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfull, Jan. 30 2012
Ce commentaire est de: The Power (Audio CD)
I think that everyone should own a copy of this Audio CD, it is very Powerfull and uplifting. it will change your life, Life can be so easy when you are Positive

The Power
The Power by Rhonda Byrne (Hardcover - Aug. 17 2010)
CDN$ 26.95 CDN$ 16.89