Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store NFL Tools

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
on June 18, 2011
While I do not post online reviews ordinarily, after reading this book I am compelled to do so, to lend my support to the author and his telling chronicle.

This book has been recommended to me, by a friend. Having finished my reading, I am surprised this story has not received more attention.

"A Time to Betray" raises important awareness of the changed living conditions, and the underlying religious culture that continues to dominate Iran. More importantly, it provides an insider's systematic account of the historical events leading up to Iran's present-day environment (from the ousting of the Shah, to the rise of Iran's current political structure). The CIA-reporting undertone, further compliments the author's narrative by providing context and summary to events as they develop.

The story is easy to follow; progressing fluently. The chapters are relatively short and transition smoothly. All in all, a work worth reading.

At great personal risk, the author (Reza Khalili) has demonstrated extraordinary courage to effect positive change in his homeland. I credit his bravery, and encourage others to read this enlightening memoir.
on February 28, 2013
This book is so informative and explains so very much of what is going on in the middle east and how dumb or ignorant westerners have been and are. No body seems to understand the pervasive enemy of islam and how Russia, China and many other countries were feeding the enemy with weapons and all sorts of gear to be be incredible killers. Evil evil evil. What goes on in the prison alone is enough to warp you forever. All of this has not changed except that it has increased and is a threat to all freedom.
on June 22, 2014
Very well written, gripping story of what it's like to live a double life. An important stour for us in the west to read.