biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
Artist's Journal Workshop is a wonderful book for anyone looking to start a sketch journal. It's a 144-page paperback with beautifully laid out pages.

It's packed with lots of tips on finding ideas, and from there, you can discover which style suits you. This book really brings across how fun sketching can be.

There are 27 artists who share their sketch pages in this book. Some of them are Danny Gregory, Nina Johansson, Liz Steel, Lapin, Cathy Johnson herself, of course, and many more. They also share their insights.

Since this book is about journaling, the examples are mostly about illustrating what you see. It can be drawing people, places, animals or food. It's very inspiring to check out all the artists' work, even the seemingly mundane stuff look interesting when illustrated.

Highly recommended, especially to sketchbook lovers.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on March 23, 2015
Without a doubt, this is my favourite of the books showing examples of techniques and composition for textbooks. I re-read this all the time for inspiration, and her ideas for materials are good. I recently started using a fountain pen with waterproof ink due to some examples in this book.

Beautiful layout, some of the artists here have exceptional composition skills, which is sometimes difficult in a small sketchbook.
on September 22, 2015
I have always admired the artwork of Cathy Johnson, and after reading many of the awesome reviews for this book, I decided to purchase it. What a great book for someone like myself who is new to art-journaling. There are 27 International Artists that have shared ideas and techniques to make this a wonderful book.
on January 16, 2016
It is just great- so many ideas and instructions. I have started putting into practice the instructions for different applications in journalling and drawing or saving mementos of events.
on February 3, 2014
felt like I was taking a very comfortable class. I will recommend this book to others and I,m sure revisit it often.
on August 12, 2014
Awesome pictures and suggestions on "how to" - my journal pages are now jumping off the page!