Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Artist's Journal Workshop: Creating Your Life in Words and Pictures
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$16.78+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
Artist's Journal Workshop is a wonderful book for anyone looking to start a sketch journal. It's a 144-page paperback with beautifully laid out pages.

It's packed with lots of tips on finding ideas, and from there, you can discover which style suits you. This book really brings across how fun sketching can be.

There are 27 artists who share their sketch pages in this book. Some of them are Danny Gregory, Nina Johansson, Liz Steel, Lapin, Cathy Johnson herself, of course, and many more. They also share their insights.

Since this book is about journaling, the examples are mostly about illustrating what you see. It can be drawing people, places, animals or food. It's very inspiring to check out all the artists' work, even the seemingly mundane stuff look interesting when illustrated.

Highly recommended, especially to sketchbook lovers.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on March 23, 2015
Without a doubt, this is my favourite of the books showing examples of techniques and composition for textbooks. I re-read this all the time for inspiration, and her ideas for materials are good. I recently started using a fountain pen with waterproof ink due to some examples in this book.

Beautiful layout, some of the artists here have exceptional composition skills, which is sometimes difficult in a small sketchbook.
on February 3, 2014
felt like I was taking a very comfortable class. I will recommend this book to others and I,m sure revisit it often.
on August 12, 2014
Awesome pictures and suggestions on "how to" - my journal pages are now jumping off the page!