4.0 out of 5 stars Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga
Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga covers a wide range of skills and that fascinates me, from beginners to people who are good with drawing but trying to get into the manga styles - and to people who may have been practicing manga and want to know why they keep getting certain dodgy things wrong.

I like it. I'm practicing with it. You have to keep at it to up a...
Published on March 25 2012 by Tiffany

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh.
This book is nothing to write home about but if you are a fan of Crilley's work then get it! support him as an artist but don't think it's innovative by any means.
Published 21 months ago by Ange

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga, March 25 2012
This review is from: Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 drawing lessons from the creator of Akiko (Paperback)

I like it. I'm practicing with it. You have to keep at it to up a manga skill level. I would have preferred a different kind of binding - like a rigid spiral bind or something so that the book would stay flat on my desk when I open it to the pages I want to work from, that would have helped a great deal.

It doesn't seem like 30 drawing lessons a all - he covers lots of detail, various types, from realistic manga to more cartoony versions, babies to senior folks, heavier people - and lots of details on getting things done properly like anatomy - action and movement - facial expressions - hair - framing and arranging speech bubbles. It is like a modern course in a book. Well done. I have fun while I learn form it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Manga book, April 20 2012
Love it, very easy to understand. lots of easy tips and helpful information. Book is thick, and the pages are strong, so it won't tear easily.
I originally bought from barnesandnoble, but they messed up my order and did not give me money back. Amazon is the way to go when buying products.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOMENESS! MUST BUY!, April 11 2012
This is an awesome book from an even more awesome author. There is not much to say other than "THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANY ARTIST!!!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of great stuff in here, June 30 2013
I. Burnby (Lower Mainland, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
I am now ready to start my comic book empire! LOL But seriously, this is top-notch stuff. This book in conjunction with his how-to YouTube series, will make a great artist of anyone. Even a guy like me, that until recently only did sketches on the back of restaurant place mats for his kids to color. Must buy for those unsure if their art is fit for commercial consumption. These lessons will give you the confidence you need to proceed. Or at least I feel more confident about my art now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy for Beginners, May 5 2013
I think this book is great for teaching the foundations of manga drawing for beginners. If your more advanced, I'd reccommend getting into the "How To Draw Manga" series which goes into more depth on the different styles and bringing your characters more to life. But if you are just starting out, please get this book as it will help a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, April 26 2014
I am really satisfied with this book. I purchased it for my younger brother who wants to get into drawing and I figured this would help him a great deal. Very clear instructions ans steps.

Amazing buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 29 2015
Great book! It has really helped me with drawing in general. I think this is one of the better "How to Draw" books that I have found so far and it really is great. Lots of helpful techniques and drawing tips. If you're looking for a good "How to Draw" book then start with this one and the next volume as well if you like this first one. Both are really helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never got to see the book! My grandson ..., May 18 2015
I never got to see the book! My grandson grabbed it, went upstairs, and came down with a eheath of drawings the next day - so I guess it was a huge success. Checked in two weeks later, and he says he's still drawing furiously. That was all I needed to hear!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you draw manga you NEED this!, July 3 2015
This is one of the best books for drawing manga! it really goes though the basics and details and it has brought me so much farther in my work!! best Manga Drawing book I ever bought can't wait to get the rest!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to learn from!, June 14 2013
I watch Mark Crilley's youtube videos and the book is pretty much all his "how to draw anime" videos combined in a book. There aren't many wordings but more illustrations.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›