biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools

on March 25, 2012
Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga covers a wide range of skills and that fascinates me, from beginners to people who are good with drawing but trying to get into the manga styles - and to people who may have been practicing manga and want to know why they keep getting certain dodgy things wrong.

I like it. I'm practicing with it. You have to keep at it to up a manga skill level. I would have preferred a different kind of binding - like a rigid spiral bind or something so that the book would stay flat on my desk when I open it to the pages I want to work from, that would have helped a great deal.

It doesn't seem like 30 drawing lessons a all - he covers lots of detail, various types, from realistic manga to more cartoony versions, babies to senior folks, heavier people - and lots of details on getting things done properly like anatomy - action and movement - facial expressions - hair - framing and arranging speech bubbles. It is like a modern course in a book. Well done. I have fun while I learn form it.
on April 20, 2012
Love it, very easy to understand. lots of easy tips and helpful information. Book is thick, and the pages are strong, so it won't tear easily.
I originally bought from barnesandnoble, but they messed up my order and did not give me money back. Amazon is the way to go when buying products.
on April 11, 2012
This is an awesome book from an even more awesome author. There is not much to say other than "THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANY ARTIST!!!!"
on June 30, 2013
I am now ready to start my comic book empire! LOL But seriously, this is top-notch stuff. This book in conjunction with his how-to YouTube series, will make a great artist of anyone. Even a guy like me, that until recently only did sketches on the back of restaurant place mats for his kids to color. Must buy for those unsure if their art is fit for commercial consumption. These lessons will give you the confidence you need to proceed. Or at least I feel more confident about my art now.
on May 5, 2013
I think this book is great for teaching the foundations of manga drawing for beginners. If your more advanced, I'd reccommend getting into the "How To Draw Manga" series which goes into more depth on the different styles and bringing your characters more to life. But if you are just starting out, please get this book as it will help a lot.
on April 26, 2014
I am really satisfied with this book. I purchased it for my younger brother who wants to get into drawing and I figured this would help him a great deal. Very clear instructions ans steps.

Amazing buy!
on April 29, 2015
Great book! It has really helped me with drawing in general. I think this is one of the better "How to Draw" books that I have found so far and it really is great. Lots of helpful techniques and drawing tips. If you're looking for a good "How to Draw" book then start with this one and the next volume as well if you like this first one. Both are really helpful.
on November 20, 2015
Loved this! I draw anime now and again, and this was definitely worth every penny. Even if I'm not following the instructions or drawing, just reading and looking at the pictures is pleasurable!
And if I want to try my own style and not follow Mark's instructions, he still included ideas for different types of eyes, hair, emotions(expression), and pose. AWESOME BOOK
on May 18, 2015
I never got to see the book! My grandson grabbed it, went upstairs, and came down with a eheath of drawings the next day - so I guess it was a huge success. Checked in two weeks later, and he says he's still drawing furiously. That was all I needed to hear!
on July 3, 2015
This is one of the best books for drawing manga! it really goes though the basics and details and it has brought me so much farther in my work!! best Manga Drawing book I ever bought can't wait to get the rest!!!