4.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting and Intoxicating Page-Turner
Published 2 months ago by Believer

3.0 out of 5 stars Sets the stage for the last book
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick is the continuation of Nora Grey’s story following the novel Crescendo. At first, I found the story a little confusing as it flipped between different perspectives. Although it was for a good reason ­– one you will learn if you read this story – it was still a little confusing.

This novel was probably my least...
Published 14 months ago by Sam Couture Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting and Intoxicating Page-Turner, April 13 2015
Believer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Silence (Paperback)
"Silence" the next installment in the intoxicating "Hush Hush" series heats up when Nora Grey wakes up in a cemetery to find a black feather and no memory of the past five months. Feeling empty and lost, she struggles to revive memories of those missing weeks bearing up under rumors that she's hallucinating when she receives a threatening note or sees shadows near her window. When Scott Parnell, a childhood friend induces her to visit his sanctuary in a cave along the coast she learns that her missing memory involves fallen angels, Nephilim and the fear of a man called "the Black Hand" who may be responsible for the death of her father.

As her mind begins to awaken to the new information, she also grapples with her mother's infatuation with Hank Millar, the father of her archenemy, and the presence of a mysterious stranger called Jev who stirs feelings of regret, wariness and heartache. Secrets and lies swirl around Nora as she searches for the truth and danger lurks even closer to home.

The plot is fast-paced;tension and suspense building as Nora begins to unravel the mystery of her kidnapping. Continuing in a first person narrative, Nora draws the reader into the distress and pain of her memory loss and her struggle to put her life back in order after weeks away from home. Threads of this story follow not only Nora's search for answers to her kidnapping, the romantic involvement of her mother and her enemy's father, but also her attraction to Jev whose leather, spice and mint scent reminds her of a former love. Clues that include an incarcerated angel, a silver necklace and a prophetic death lend a air of mystery not only to Nora's kidnapping but to the looming war between the Nephilim and fallen angels.

In "Silence" the love of Nora and Jev (Patch) must weather tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust as he tries to protect her against not only the plans of the radical leader of the Nephilim, fallen angels, archangels but even her own impulsiveness. With every twist in the plot not only does their attraction intensify again, but finds Jev saving Nora from fallen angels at a gas station heist and from blundering into a Nephilim safe house.

Nora Grey at first is scared, defiant and humiliated by her lack of memory, but as events unfold she becomes determined, reckless but more perceptive. Although cold and distant initially, Jev (Patch) Cipriano radiates strength, energy and heat in his protection of Nora. Even though she has no memory of Jev and he selflessly struggles to stay away from her, they have a magnetic attraction which keeps drawing them back to each other.

Of the other familiar personalities who add spice and drama to this page-turner Vee Sky is the curvy, flirtatious and smart-mouth best friend; Scott Parnell a cocky, resourceful and self-satisfied Nephil; Marcie Millar, her father's beautiful, befuddled and unsuspecting puppet; and Hank Millar the charming, manipulative autocratic radical.

In " Silence" the excitement and romance of this young adult, paranormal series continues; the electricity of Nora and Patch's forbidden love escalating as mystery and danger swirl around them, testing the strength of their passion. This is a well-written and fascinating story that like the series I couldn't stop reading until the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sets the stage for the last book, April 29 2014
This review is from: Silence (Paperback)

This novel was probably my least favourite in the series as I found it to be a little repetitive. This is because it consists mainly of flashbacks and recounts what happened in previous books. Although it got Fitzpatrick’s point across regarding what was going on in the story, I think that the flashbacks would have been very useful for someone who reads the series over a longer period of time and could have used them as a “refresher”. I read all four books within a 48-hour span and therefore found the flashbacks too repetitive for my liking as I had just read practically the exact same thing the day before.

However, once I got past the flashbacks, I found that I enjoyed the idea behind this story and found it interesting to follow. Overall, this novel really sets the stage for what will happen in the last book, Finale.

5.0 out of 5 stars I *heart* Patch!, May 15 2012
Karoline (Richmond BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Silence (Hardcover)
What I liked about this book was the beginning. It started off with Nora being extremely disoriented and you feel the same way. It was well done and at the time it made me wonder if I had to go back and reread Crescendo because I might have missed something (because I felt just as lost as Nora did!)

The entire plot of the book was all right. I'm not sure whether to love Patch or to slap him silly because he can be such a jerk at times. But the chemistry between both Nora and Patch is still there, and is the tension ever good and so well written you can definitely feel it between them. There was a potential love triangle forming in the book, and I'd have to say he was likable as well (I hated him at first too, but he started to grow on me) and I was almost going to think he was a suitable replacement for Patch, but that would be heresy wouldn't it? (Yes, I'm a big Patch fan). There were some very memorable quotes from Patch that made me scream like a giddy school girl (Becca Fitzpatrick just did a GREAT job on Patch in this book).

I liked how nearly everything was explained with the Nephilim, The Black Hand, and how Patch, Scott, and Hank fit into this picture. I was very surprised, about Marcie (although I really hated her in this book, as she became a big idiot and a complete tool) but her behavior towards the end was surprising, and now I am not sure what to think. I still hate her, yes, but with that one little action, perhaps she's redeemable.

I was a bit disappointed that Vee wasn't around as much as she was in the past novels. I hoped to see more of her because she provided a lot of the comic relief moments (this book actually is much darker than the first two).

Overall, the ending leaves more questions to be answered! so I'm so glad a fourth book has been announced!! this means more Patch for me to enjoy and read :D fans might not be satisfied with this book as it certainly feels as if nothing much really happens until more than halfway in the book, newbies, it's best to start with Hush, Hush!

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as books 1 & 2, Feb. 18 2012
This review is from: Silence (Hardcover)
I loved Hush, Hush and Crescendo but Silence was a bit of a letdown for me. I was a hoping for a different version of the continuation of the series. I wasn't expecting to relearn everything that seemed to have happened in the previous 2 books. For this reason I was a bit disappointed in Silence. Nora and Patch's characters felt off to me like they weren't the same from the previous books. I did like the Hank Miller storyline it was really the only thing that kept my interest in the story. I have recently learned that there is going to be a 4th book in the series and I'm not 100% sure where the series is going to go from here besides the obvious. I hope the 4th book is better than the 3rd and lives up to books 1 & 2

4.0 out of 5 stars half amazing half eh, March 27 2013
This review is from: Silence (Hardcover)
okaayyy sooooo the book was still incredibly fantastic and i loved it BUT and dont hate me, there where some oarts that were like ehh like not rlly good or bad but just excruitiating when waiting for something to happen u know what i mean :ppp welll anywaaaayyyy stilll loved it anyway <33 especially patch.... ;p

5.0 out of 5 stars Silence, Jan. 12 2013
This review is from: Silence (Hardcover)
This was a gift for my daughter. She read it in 2 days, bought the next one, read that too. Then as she'd loved them so much she re-read all 4. Good way to keep her occupied over the Christmas break :)

5.0 out of 5 stars silence, Jan. 27 2012
This review is from: Silence (Hardcover)
super fast, exatly as described, thanks
it was a gift.It was a request from our grandaughter
she likes these stories, she read it in a couple of days.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: Silence (Hardcover)
Loved this! Highly recommended. The tension, the action, kept me on the edge of my seat. A hard to put down book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really a good book, July 22 2013
D. White "Bookworm" (Houston BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silence (Paperback)
This was a really good story in a really good series. Passed it on to my sister and she loved it too

Silence
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hardcover - Oct. 4 2011)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 16.03