march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 11-20 of 28 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on February 16, 2012
I'm one of those people who has to be in the mood to read or to push myself to pick up a book. I read this book in 2 days. I couldn't put it down!! It was so interesting and unlike anything I've read before!
on January 14, 2013
Yes, it's missing some research and you do need to suspend your disbelief.
Parts of the ending are over-explained which is irritating, because we got it... though other parts of the ending are under explained, which is also irritating... but overall it was satisfying.

The bottom line though is that it's a very interesting concept; it keeps you engaged in the mystery as you work just as hard as she does to sort things out.

It's not edge of your seat or life changing, but a well-paced book that is an entertaining read.

I enjoyed this and will recommend it to friends.
on July 11, 2012
I sort of understand the bad reviews on this book, but I still loved the story. There could have been more supporting character development but even still I could not put the book down!
on December 21, 2011
While I read this book, I had the unsettling sense that something very bad was about to happen, and I just had to keep reading to find out what it was. It's like watching a thriller movie, you know something terrifying is about to happen, and your adrenalin is going and you're cringing in anticipation, and though you may be inclined to turn away, you just have to see what happens. I had a hard time putting this book down. It is very well written, very suspenseful, and will satisfy your craving to be completely creeped out.
on August 12, 2011
I'm adding this book to my 'keeper' shelf because it elicited the same response in me as "A Pilot's Wife" by Anita Shreve. I love the subtle tension throughout; it reminds me of an old movie with Audrey Hepburn: Wait Until Dark. It creates a feeling of anticipation that lurks beneath the surface although everything on the top layer of the story sounds odd but not overtly disturbing. I would recommend it highly... probably more a 4.5 score but Amazon doesn't let me do half points.
on January 8, 2012
S.J. Watson's debut novel manages to combine the thriller genre with a truly captivating glimpse into the difficult life of someone with amnesia. His storytelling is so vivid that it's little wonder the film rights for the book have already been purchased. I did find some of the plot twists somewhat predictable, but it was a good read nonetheless.
on March 12, 2012
This was a very different book for me, but I was intrigued, and towards the end, couldn't put it down!
on January 9, 2012
I must say, I don't have a lot of time to read these days.
This book just didn't let me put it down... I kept wondering what the catch was and
it made me nuts! One can wonder what we are if not the sum
of our experiences. What would you do if all you know is a lie?
on November 12, 2011
This was a very different book from what I usually read. I read that book in 5 days while working full time. You just wanted to know more about her history and how she lost her memory. I strongly recommend this book, it is one of the best I have read this year!
on January 7, 2012
This book kept me on the edge of my seat/bed. I couldn't put it down until it was finished. It wasn't until near the ending that everything came together - shocking!