5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from beginning to end
First let me say that this book is nothing like Fifty First Dates; the main point being that this is a thriller not a comedy. If you were to compare it to a movie, Momento would be a better choice. Yes, it's another story involving amnesia but it's good.

I read this book in one sitting. The premise is rather simple but the way the story unfolds is completely...
Published on June 17 2011 by Slomacs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but....
This book was beautifully written. It was quite interesting to read about amnesia and how it affects the lives of the victim and his/her family. I thought the book dragged on quite a bit however, I was waiting for something to happen, and had to wait until the very end. However, SJ Watson still kept readers somewhat interested with little hints here and there of what was...
Published on Nov. 8 2011 by M. LeB

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense at its best, April 12 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
We thoroughly enjoyed this read and it provided an excellent platform for great discussion. Some found a slow, repetitive start but as the story was unfolding it did not seem to go fast enough. We did have some unanswered questions and we are hoping for a sequel. We voted this as a thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unbelievably Great Read... Best Page-Turner I've Read!, March 20 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I am unable to write much because I am way too exhausted. Why? Because even though I have a baby and work a day job out of the home; I did not go to sleep until I after 3am because I was too intrigued, to enthralled by this book.
Each page sparks curiosity to quickly get to the next.... so much that I found myself sometimes skimming paragraphs to "find out" what would happen next.
Want a good page turner? Grab this book. But block a significant amount of time out for yourself. You won't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, March 12 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
This was a very different book for me, but I was intrigued, and towards the end, couldn't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice distraction, Feb. 24 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
A well-written book. Easy read and gripping enough to keep you occupied for the week.
Nothing overly complicated or technical, pacing of the novel was excellent. I disagree with reviewers who said it was too repetitive - it's called character development people! You're dealing with an amnesiac who can't form new memories...what did you expect?!

Don't expect to learn a lot about the condition as it is not very scientific (which were my expectations). Instead, this is a nice intro and might urge those interested to delve a little deeper into neurological conditions.

Readers should not rate this book poorly because of the "idea" they had in mind was not met, or the misconceptions led by other readers. Rate it for what it is. A great debut for the author. S. J. Watson has lots of potential & it will be nice to see where his career leads him.

Sit back and enjoy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Curiosity keeps you wanting more, Feb. 16 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I'm one of those people who has to be in the mood to read or to push myself to pick up a book. I read this book in 2 days. I couldn't put it down!! It was so interesting and unlike anything I've read before!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like mystery/suspense, read this book, Feb. 9 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I read this book in about 2 days, I just wanted to see it through. It was like a maze, everytime I thought I had it figured out, it would throw me another curve ball making me question if I was right. I did figure it out about half way through the book but felt compelled to see it through. Even though I figured it out, the ending made it all the lose ends come together.
If you like mystery/suspense then read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Feb. 2 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I loved this book! It kept my attention from beginning to end! I would definately recommend it! I didn't want to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut Novel!!, Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
This was an excellent book!!! I couldn't put it down, and actually finished it in a day and a half. I have never written a book review but felt compelled to after reading some of the other reviews. I do agree with some of the other readers that found the book a little repetitive at times, but in my opionion it worked well....the main character Christine does have amnesia after all. Great job S.J. Watson on your debut novel!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, Jan. 29 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
Excellent book, highly recommend it! Loved the twists and turns in it, and never thought it to be the ending it would turn out! A great read, was so good I read it in 8 hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining read, Jan. 11 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the book, it is told in a very intriguing way- which created a thrilling anticipation to the climax of the story. I must have read the book cover to cover in a couple of days, as I really couldn't put it down! I would definitely recommend it to fellow amazonians, although because of its mystery/thriller nature it's not really a repeat read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep by S Watson (Paperback - June 6 2011)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87