5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from beginning to end
First let me say that this book is nothing like Fifty First Dates; the main point being that this is a thriller not a comedy. If you were to compare it to a movie, Momento would be a better choice. Yes, it's another story involving amnesia but it's good.

I read this book in one sitting. The premise is rather simple but the way the story unfolds is completely...
Published on June 17 2011 by Slomacs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but....
This book was beautifully written. It was quite interesting to read about amnesia and how it affects the lives of the victim and his/her family. I thought the book dragged on quite a bit however, I was waiting for something to happen, and had to wait until the very end. However, SJ Watson still kept readers somewhat interested with little hints here and there of what was...
Published on Nov. 8 2011 by M. LeB

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!!, Sept. 11 2012
Clare Friesen (Whistler, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
Could not put this book down! Was hooked on the first page. Extremely well written and absorbing. Had to find out what happens in the end! Very entertaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars Despite the bad reviews... I loved this book, July 11 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I sort of understand the bad reviews on this book, but I still loved the story. There could have been more supporting character development but even still I could not put the book down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, June 18 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
Very good book, finished it in 3 days. Couldn't recommend this book enough, best thing I've read in quite awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense at its best, April 12 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
We thoroughly enjoyed this read and it provided an excellent platform for great discussion. Some found a slow, repetitive start but as the story was unfolding it did not seem to go fast enough. We did have some unanswered questions and we are hoping for a sequel. We voted this as a thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unbelievably Great Read... Best Page-Turner I've Read!, March 20 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I am unable to write much because I am way too exhausted. Why? Because even though I have a baby and work a day job out of the home; I did not go to sleep until I after 3am because I was too intrigued, to enthralled by this book.
Each page sparks curiosity to quickly get to the next.... so much that I found myself sometimes skimming paragraphs to "find out" what would happen next.
Want a good page turner? Grab this book. But block a significant amount of time out for yourself. You won't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, March 12 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
This was a very different book for me, but I was intrigued, and towards the end, couldn't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice distraction, Feb. 24 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
A well-written book. Easy read and gripping enough to keep you occupied for the week.
Nothing overly complicated or technical, pacing of the novel was excellent. I disagree with reviewers who said it was too repetitive - it's called character development people! You're dealing with an amnesiac who can't form new memories...what did you expect?!

Don't expect to learn a lot about the condition as it is not very scientific (which were my expectations). Instead, this is a nice intro and might urge those interested to delve a little deeper into neurological conditions.

Readers should not rate this book poorly because of the "idea" they had in mind was not met, or the misconceptions led by other readers. Rate it for what it is. A great debut for the author. S. J. Watson has lots of potential & it will be nice to see where his career leads him.

Sit back and enjoy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Curiosity keeps you wanting more, Feb. 16 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I'm one of those people who has to be in the mood to read or to push myself to pick up a book. I read this book in 2 days. I couldn't put it down!! It was so interesting and unlike anything I've read before!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like mystery/suspense, read this book, Feb. 9 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I read this book in about 2 days, I just wanted to see it through. It was like a maze, everytime I thought I had it figured out, it would throw me another curve ball making me question if I was right. I did figure it out about half way through the book but felt compelled to see it through. Even though I figured it out, the ending made it all the lose ends come together.
If you like mystery/suspense then read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Feb. 2 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I loved this book! It kept my attention from beginning to end! I would definately recommend it! I didn't want to put it down.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep by S.j Watson (Paperback - June 6 2011)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87