biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 20, 2014
I'm not a real big "reader" but I just couldn't put the book down. I couldn't stop reading as I wanted to find out more about the story, what was going to happen next,etc.

I was really happy to read the book and I highly recommend it.
on May 16, 2013
This amazing book brought tears to my eyes. I could not stop - the suspense builds on and on. I completed the book in a day. Definitely recommends this book. The character has depth and the story has substance. Definitely an author to watch for.
on January 13, 2012
After reading the first couple chapters of this novel, the voice of Christine, the main character, didn't ring true. Something was wrong. So, I turned to the inside of the back of the book and found out what was up. S.J. Watson is man, a fledgling author writing from a woman's perspective. While Wally Lamb was able to pull it off, S.J. didn't. A man needs strong feminist sensibilities to avoid stereotypical female characterization for the protagonist. I may have gotten over that except for the bland writing style and repetition. It is unnecessary to start the first umpteen chapters with Christine waking up every morning not knowing who she or the man sleeping beside her is. Twice would have been sufficient. While I understand the author's dilemma of how to show the horror of waking each day with twenty years missing, I just wanted the story to begin. As the end of the tale approached, I crossed my fingers with the hope that the climax would be a surprise. It wasn't. When I put the book down, I was relieved that I didn't have to read any more mechanical sentences. The novel was written as part of a novel writing course and it shows. What I find hard to believe is that the instructor didn't point out the danger of starting a novel with "waking", then continuing the mistake chapter after chapter. One other annoying thing for me was the lack of "place". The novel was set in London but it had no Britishness. Not one British phrase or word. Perhaps it was purposeful but I didn't like it. I understand this novel will be made into a movie and I suspect it will translate well into a screenplay and be marketed a taut thriller.
on March 17, 2014
Haven't finished it yet but so far I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation for what is coming up next. This book came highly recommended and I can't wait to also see the movie when it comes out.
on December 23, 2011
Im not a frequent reader! and I must admit that getting into books is difficult for me! this book was a non stop read from start to finish! I would wake up at 6 am to continue reading! awesome!
on July 27, 2013
This is a riveting psychological thriller. It is a bit repetitious at the start but worth the effort as the story quickly picks up and carries on through to the conclusion.
on December 28, 2011
I won't outline the plot as there are enough reviews that do, but it was a simple read that kept me captivated. I wanted to find out about her life as much as she did!
on January 7, 2012
This book kept me on the edge of my seat/bed. I couldn't put it down until it was finished. It wasn't until near the ending that everything came together - shocking!
on September 26, 2011
This book kept me interested from beginning to end. I had a hard time putting it down.
It is not the sort of book you want to use to put you to sleep. I found myself trying to stay up just to read a little more.
I had suggested it for my new book club and feel confident that many will love it too. I can't wait to hear their reactions.
It got me thinking about how I would handle a similar situation and what I would want my spouse and friends to do if it happened to me.
Hope you enjoy it too.
on July 7, 2013
Easy read. Keeps you guessing and excited for the end. Fastest book I have got through. Highly recommended! Shocking twist at the end!