march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 6, 2014
the description of this book is extreamly missleading, this book is chick-fiction, half the book is about a woman dealing with the awkardness of unshared intimacy between her and her husband and her shock at being older then she rembers. the mystery aspect is really weak and choppy. the story has no flow and no build up. if your into that buy it.
on November 12, 2011
This was a very different book from what I usually read. I read that book in 5 days while working full time. You just wanted to know more about her history and how she lost her memory. I strongly recommend this book, it is one of the best I have read this year!
on August 20, 2014
I'm not a real big "reader" but I just couldn't put the book down. I couldn't stop reading as I wanted to find out more about the story, what was going to happen next,etc.

I was really happy to read the book and I highly recommend it.
on May 16, 2013
This amazing book brought tears to my eyes. I could not stop - the suspense builds on and on. I completed the book in a day. Definitely recommends this book. The character has depth and the story has substance. Definitely an author to watch for.
on April 6, 2016
It was a pretty good read. I've never been good at predicting endings, but you might be able to figure it out early on, which may make it more redundant than it already is; I just felt it was a little longer than it needed to be.
on January 13, 2012
After reading the first couple chapters of this novel, the voice of Christine, the main character, didn't ring true. Something was wrong. So, I turned to the inside of the back of the book and found out what was up. S.J. Watson is man, a fledgling author writing from a woman's perspective. While Wally Lamb was able to pull it off, S.J. didn't. A man needs strong feminist sensibilities to avoid stereotypical female characterization for the protagonist. I may have gotten over that except for the bland writing style and repetition. It is unnecessary to start the first umpteen chapters with Christine waking up every morning not knowing who she or the man sleeping beside her is. Twice would have been sufficient. While I understand the author's dilemma of how to show the horror of waking each day with twenty years missing, I just wanted the story to begin. As the end of the tale approached, I crossed my fingers with the hope that the climax would be a surprise. It wasn't. When I put the book down, I was relieved that I didn't have to read any more mechanical sentences. The novel was written as part of a novel writing course and it shows. What I find hard to believe is that the instructor didn't point out the danger of starting a novel with "waking", then continuing the mistake chapter after chapter. One other annoying thing for me was the lack of "place". The novel was set in London but it had no Britishness. Not one British phrase or word. Perhaps it was purposeful but I didn't like it. I understand this novel will be made into a movie and I suspect it will translate well into a screenplay and be marketed a taut thriller.
on March 17, 2014
Haven't finished it yet but so far I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation for what is coming up next. This book came highly recommended and I can't wait to also see the movie when it comes out.
on December 23, 2011
Im not a frequent reader! and I must admit that getting into books is difficult for me! this book was a non stop read from start to finish! I would wake up at 6 am to continue reading! awesome!
on May 11, 2016
This is a great mystery book. It keeps you guessing right up to the last page and keeps you enthralled the entire time. I could not put this book down once I started. A must read.
on July 27, 2013
This is a riveting psychological thriller. It is a bit repetitious at the start but worth the effort as the story quickly picks up and carries on through to the conclusion.