5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from beginning to end
First let me say that this book is nothing like Fifty First Dates; the main point being that this is a thriller not a comedy. If you were to compare it to a movie, Momento would be a better choice. Yes, it's another story involving amnesia but it's good.

I read this book in one sitting. The premise is rather simple but the way the story unfolds is completely...
Published on June 17 2011 by Slomacs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but....
This book was beautifully written. It was quite interesting to read about amnesia and how it affects the lives of the victim and his/her family. I thought the book dragged on quite a bit however, I was waiting for something to happen, and had to wait until the very end. However, SJ Watson still kept readers somewhat interested with little hints here and there of what was...
Published on Nov. 8 2011 by M. LeB

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Before I go to sleep, Feb. 19 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
An interesting story but not very fast-paced. I found quite a bit of repetition which didn't allow the story to flow well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts with promise, but meanders to an unsatisfying close, Oct. 17 2011
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
The novel begins with promise, and the premise is interesting enough, but it falls short. It is interesting in the beginning, and keeps you hooked with the continual questions it raises -- who is this woman? Who can she trust? How did this happen to her?

But eventually, the novel drags on far too long, and you begin to lose some interest. In the last few chapters, I was rushing to the ending that felt like it was slapped on to achieve some closure, in a hurry.

The book is good, but not great. I disagree with those who believe it is the best of the YEAR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Before I Go To Sleep, Nov. 23 2011
Roses (Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
This was a page turner. And to believe this is what people really go through, who have lost their memories.
How we take our lives for granted. I loved this book. Never read anything like this before. I've loaned it to
two friends, and now it's finding it's way at Christmas to my daughter who lives I works in Hong Kong.
It will be past among her teacher friends as well. This is one book that will build it's own air miles.
I loved this book. So different.
Rose

1.0 out of 5 stars you'll struggle to stay awake, June 3 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
Do not believe the rave reviews on the book cover, or you'll be sorely disappointed. Oh, it's a "page-turner" alright, but you're turning them with speed hoping that the story will improve. But it doesn't. It goes along in a simplistic, uneven way up until the last 20 pages, when it becomes a haphazard flurry of explanation spelling out the rhyme and reasons. And by then you don't care, because the characters are like cardboard cut-outs, so there's no emotional investment right up to the end. Believe me, this is no 'thriller'.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book this year, Sept. 26 2011
healher (White Lake) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
This book kept me interested from beginning to end. I had a hard time putting it down.
It is not the sort of book you want to use to put you to sleep. I found myself trying to stay up just to read a little more.
I had suggested it for my new book club and feel confident that many will love it too. I can't wait to hear their reactions.
It got me thinking about how I would handle a similar situation and what I would want my spouse and friends to do if it happened to me.
Hope you enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, Sept. 7 2011
Valerie Christie (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I loved this book. Finished it in a couple days... could NOT put it down and during the brief time that i did i couldnt stop thinking about it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Got me reading like a mad woman!, Jan. 9 2012
Di Gital (Montréal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I must say, I don't have a lot of time to read these days.
This book just didn't let me put it down... I kept wondering what the catch was and
it made me nuts! One can wonder what we are if not the sum
of our experiences. What would you do if all you know is a lie?

4.0 out of 5 stars Memorable..., Jan. 8 2012
Kadi Kaljuste (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
S.J. Watson's debut novel manages to combine the thriller genre with a truly captivating glimpse into the difficult life of someone with amnesia. His storytelling is so vivid that it's little wonder the film rights for the book have already been purchased. I did find some of the plot twists somewhat predictable, but it was a good read nonetheless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleverly Written, Jan. 7 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
This book kept me on the edge of my seat/bed. I couldn't put it down until it was finished. It wasn't until near the ending that everything came together - shocking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, Dec 28 2011
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I won't outline the plot as there are enough reviews that do, but it was a simple read that kept me captivated. I wanted to find out about her life as much as she did!

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 | Next ›

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep by S Watson (Paperback - June 6 2011)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87